• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 09, 2024, 09:11:24 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The hulutube bullshit.

Started by DarthPaul, April 16, 2009, 10:28:27 pm

DarthPaul

Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Zalge

April 16, 2009, 10:42:47 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zalge
This is effin' horrible man. I didn't even realize.

Ok. Time to go post this on every site you've ever visted ever. Ready...? BREAK!

DarthPaul

April 16, 2009, 10:43:22 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Go go go get out the word.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

April 16, 2009, 10:47:47 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Eh... YouTube falls and we go to Veoh, what's the problem?
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

DarthPaul

April 16, 2009, 10:48:52 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I just think YouTube has not gone to far to be saved yet.

Also I have yet to set up a Veoh account and am lazy.

Havermayer

April 17, 2009, 09:20:59 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Havermayer
I've seen this video being spread around.  I dont' know what to think about it.  Is it possible that it's just a lot of fear mongering?

Checked out some of his other vids.  Not exactly encouraging.  This guy's definitely an idiot.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuoL0UY ... annel_page

philsov

April 17, 2009, 10:21:01 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
the video is old.  Youtube is still here, basically in a fashion described by the video, and still going strong.  And no one said anything until now?  Seriously?  

THE END IS SOON.  REALLY GUYS, I MEAN IT THIS TIME.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dokurider

April 17, 2009, 10:37:08 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Veoh hates my computer.

Archael

April 17, 2009, 11:00:39 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"the video is old.  Youtube is still here, basically in a fashion described by the video, and still going strong.  And no one said anything until now?  Seriously?  [/b]

you are a silly man

the video was uploaded 2 days ago

and if by old you mean over-the-top or exaggerated in it's claims, then I urge you to have a little talk with

http://www.youtube.com/movies

http://www.youtube.com/shows

just wait till they're done with the real changes

Quote from: "philsov"THE END IS SOON.  REALLY GUYS, I MEAN IT THIS TIME.

the video is not announcing the end of youtube, did you even watch the whole thing? It's not a "THE END IS NEAR!" video at all.

philsov

April 17, 2009, 11:16:42 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quotethe video was uploaded 2 days ago

I can't re-watch it atm, but I could've sworn it talked about some events from months ago as well, like they were happening "soon".  The whole time reference took me for a loop.

QuoteIt's not a "THE END IS NEAR!" video at all.

Unless you're one of the smaller channels trying to get a name for itself, sure.  But that's what the video blathers about for about half its time.  

Quotejust wait till they're done with the real changes

And I'll still probably upload my videos there and use the search function to watch videos I want to.  This really only hits the bored wanderer who gets sidetracked by shiny gum wrapper.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

April 17, 2009, 11:39:54 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteI can't re-watch it atm, but I could've sworn it talked about some events from months ago as well, like they were happening "soon".

you were wrong, next time pay attention to what you're watching before calling it old and exaggerated? all of the information on the video is truth, and recent

QuoteUnless you're one of the smaller channels trying to get a name for itself, sure. But that's what the video blathers about for about half its time.

re-watch the video, there's more to this than just it killing the chances of smaller partners

youtube has a huge censorship problem

QuoteAnd I'll still probably upload my videos there and use the search function to watch videos I want to. This really only hits the bored wanderer who gets sidetracked by shiny gum wrapper.

you can do as you wish on youtube after the make the changes

the video is still true regardless (and very, very recent)

hell, it's the #1 Rated, #1 Responded, #1 Commented, #1 Discussed, and #1 Favorited video on ALL OF YOUTUBE for today

http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=md
http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=ms
http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=mf
http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=tr

gojoe

April 17, 2009, 05:05:34 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
And?
I never learn from my mistakes.

Dokurider

April 17, 2009, 06:00:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
This video is nothing but alarmist. So I'll get less views on my channel? I really don't care. Youtube is bullshit, but for other different reasons. There are several ways to raise your channel view/subscriptions if you're really concerned about that.

Archael

April 17, 2009, 06:56:14 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Dokurider"So I'll get less views on my channel? I really don't care.

do you even make that many vids? perhaps you don't care because you have no money to make from YT like smaller partners do

QuoteYoutube is bullshit, but for other different reasons.

which?

if it's so bad, why are you on it?

QuoteThere are several ways to raise your channel view/subscriptions if you're really concerned about that.

yup

and the entire point of the video is that being an independent original content creator will NOT be one of the viable ways to do it after this change

the purpose of the video flew right by your ignorant little head it seems doku

mentork

April 18, 2009, 01:59:12 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mentork
Youtube is gonna get owned?

I'll believe it when I see it :o

Dokurider

April 18, 2009, 04:49:31 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
If independent content creators don't like it, they can go somewhere else.

DarthPaul

April 18, 2009, 06:01:29 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "Dokurider"If independent content creators don't like it, they can go somewhere else.

Why should they have to?

It's called "you"tube not "us"tube.

Dokurider

April 18, 2009, 06:16:16 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Youtube is privately owned. They can do anything they want. At best, you can suggest something and hope they care. Otherwise, live with it or go somewhere else.

DarthPaul

April 18, 2009, 06:36:13 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Privately owned yes, but they are a consumer site.

They need to invest in making their users happy9and by users I mean those who watch videos AND those who make them) because at the end of the day that is how they make revenue.

If they wanted to make a hulutube why not merge with hulu or make another site for all the movies and shows.

Youtube should stay youtube, because at the end of the day the sites major history is user generated content not professionally produced content.

All they are doing is pissing off the people who have made them such a success. Kinda like say Voldemort telling melonhead that he wasn't necessary for the development of 1.3

Dokurider

April 18, 2009, 06:44:23 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quoteyup

and the entire point of the video is that being an independent original content creator will NOT be one of the viable ways to do it after this change

the purpose of the video flew right by your ignorant little head it seems doku

Do you really know if IOC creators will be able to get less views after it's new changes? Maybe it's stay the same? Maybe you'll get more? Where's the evidence? The video never cites it's sources.

Quotewhich?

if it's so bad, why are you on it?  

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/11/22/th ... al-videos/

Read that article. And why I have an account on Youtube? Convenience. It's the first video hosting website that popped into my head. I haven't bothered checking out any other hosts because the service I get from Youtube is satisfactory. If I find a host that's satisfies me more or Youtube's service stops being satisfactory, I'll change services. Simple as that.

Quotedo you even make that many vids? perhaps you don't care because you have no money to make from YT like smaller partners do

To date, I have 33 videos uploaded, and more coming up in the following weeks. I consider that as making many videos.