• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:24:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Jon

No way dude! I am gonna make the FF5 Bartz, not the queer ass Dissidia version!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

You are just too lazy

Here is original artwork of Bartz, btw:

Hair seems even shorter here than in Dissidia.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

Zozma

just use the hairdo you already have! geez lol the point is its supposed to be based off of the game sprite and not this artwork
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

Well I always base my sprites on artworks, and that is why I say short, not long.

Zozma

i personally just wanna see the hairdo get all its frames made

Kagebunji

It has all the frames done, look at sprites submission topic, I already submitted Demetrius, heh.

Jon

Oh man, he is wearing a bra and blue lipstick! And he is super skinny, not the Bartz I imagined at all. Bartz does wear clothes in the game, and Zozma's reference is still the best. C'mon guys! Whoever said that the sprites we make must be 100%, totally the same image from the original games? Look at Cloud in FFT, he doesn't look at all like Cloud in FF7. I think making a newer, more FFT fitting character still works the best, not just importing an idea from an already existing game. Still, thanks for the post Kage. Its very considerate and all, but I am going to use another reference...

Kagebunji

Cloud looks exactly the same in FFT, Balthier doesn't. The reason because Bartz's sprite looks like that is obvious, amount of details allowed. Snes sprites have far less details than FFT, obvious they couldn't pull out the original artwork... You can give him long hair, I just tell ya it doesn't fit for Bartz one shit.

Jon

Lol! Thats funny! Hey man, I have to disagree with you though on the sprite details allowed on SNES. Donkey Kong Country 1-3 pop in my head...

Kagebunji

I meant FF4-6. Tactics Ogre for Snes has great graphics too...

Jon

Yeah. You know something? I always thought that FF4 and FF Mystic Quest had the same graphics. When I look at sprite sheets real closely, this furthers my theory, they seem to have the same map tiles just with different colors. TO for SNES had nice graphics, but I wish that they had better overworld unit sprites...

Kill_Bones

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Cloud looks exactly the same in FFT, Balthier doesn't. The reason because Bartz's sprite looks like that is obvious, amount of details allowed. Snes sprites have far less details than FFT, obvious they couldn't pull out the original artwork... You can give him long hair, I just tell ya it doesn't fit for Bartz one shit.
Cloud wears purple in FF7, this cloud wears blue. TBH they made him look better.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Jon

Almost the same, except yeah like you said blue pants and a black shirt. Plus Cloud does have suspenders, but I don't remember them forming an X shape on his back.

Kill_Bones

Well, the black shirt makes sense, rewatch the FF7 ending, he wears black armor from SOLDIER 1st Class. I was mainly talking about the pants. Cloud's was purple, Zack wore the navy blue if i'm correct. Err... and is just me or does Bartz have a camel toe in that pic rofl? :shock:

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Zozma

Kagebunji

I was working on Blue Mage a bit lately. For now I have to stop and finish my current sprites, first in line is Lenneth, then the Blue Mage, and if anyone will want to see him/her finished-Black Waltz 2.

http://i53.tinypic.com/x519p1.png

download/file.php?id=6988

Jon

Wow, you really must have liked my base idea eh? Yours looks phenomanal! Yes, please finish the Blue Mage! We need a nice solid Blue Mage in FFT. I also might consider revamping the Red Mage or make a new one all together because I am not happy with the current ones.

Kagebunji

Asmo suggested I do the version with gold shawl, and so I got four frames done. I will get to port later, I need to rest from ports after the last plenty I did.