• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:40:08 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

@Generalstrife
I don't know it it's needed...I never extended my 1.4 iso...When I applyed the 1.4 ppf on a clean iso, it worked just fine

About the master guide...yeah, before working on 1.4 ver 2 I'll work on a master guide :-)

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Dome

Wow, lotsa things
Thanks for finding them!
Anyway, let's see...
1) Delita is meant to be a cadet, because he is in the same status you are...no bug here
2) Fixed
3) To symbolize he sucks. Don't worry, in chapter 2 and 3 he will have 3 jump, and in chapter 4, he will reach jump 4
4) That's because of the low level, I suppose...statuses last the same they do in 1.3
6) Fixed
7) Fixed
8) Mmm...Tell me their stat at level 8 please...and your classes/abilities

EpicSolidSnake

Quote from: Dome on March 03, 2011, 02:25:15 am
Wow, lotsa things
Thanks for finding them!
Anyway, let's see...
1) Delita is meant to be a cadet, because he is in the same status you are...no bug here
2) Text bug, it will be fixed ASAP
3) To symbolize he sucks. Don't worry, in chapter 2 and 3 he will have 3 jump, and in chapter 4, he will reach jump 4
4) That's because of the low level, I suppose...statuses last the same they do in 1.3
6) Fixed
7) Fixed
8) Mmm...Tell me their stat at level 8 please...

The stats is a bit weird.

Stats : Skeleton 1 : 137HP 9 attack 8 magic attack 6 speed.
Stats : Skeleton 2 : 136HP 8 attack 7 magic attack 6 speed.

What is weird is that the 2 Skeleton is at the same level(8).
Give me a sec to i get to those birds again...

Okay, this is a level 7 bird by the way.

95HP 7 attack 8 MA 8 Speed.

Theres an other at level 8.

105HP 8 Attack 7 MA 8 Speed.

EDIT : My Class and abilities ? well....i had  2 knights, 1 archet, 1 chemist and Ramza at his base job.

I must note that i was trying to invite that bird...but i never got close to it.
(One of my knight had train...should have used archet for range...)
I tried so hard i end up being killed after running out of Phoenix downs....and the undead keep reviving and killed my team.  :evil:

EDIT 2 : managed to get that bird...phew... For some reison, the battle was less harder that before, the bird keep doing 63 istend of 70.
And the skeleton aslo did about 88 istend of around 100.

It must be about the zodiac signs after all...
R.I.P : SolidSnakeDog

EpicSolidSnake

I just finished chapiter one. No much to say cept id scrap that monster only thing...because i want to have fun with the 3 generic that is now interesting eneuf to use :)

Say...is that just me or the weigraf/algus battle was a bit too easy ?

The Damned

Having just finished Barren's videos, I have to say that I noticed that a lot of the enemies lacked secondaries and Wizards seem rather OP for Chapter 1, even more than they arguably usually are in vanilla and 1.3 and such.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

About the enemies and difficult: This is 1.4, a patch that EVERYONE should be able to play (Even the worst n00b) and chapter 1 is like a huge "Tutorial"...this explains why most enemies doesn't have a secondary

Wizard's damage output is hard to balance because it's based on both the caster and the enemy's faith (Which can change quite a bit)
Any suggestion?

Barren

Quote from: Dome on March 03, 2011, 02:20:55 am
Thanks a lot for posting videos
Did you enjoy the patch so far? Any suggestion?

yes i did....this patch is very nice...expect in one of my vids, one of the thieves in thieves fort was wearing two helmets in the fight (red hood and leather helmet) you might want to fix that minor bug....other than that, that patch is cool :) thanks again Dome, i'll work on chapter 2 and let you know how that worked out
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

While I haven't played the patch (yet) and understand the difficulty of the balancing these things, I stand firmly resolute in my implication that they could be handled better.

With regards to being a patch that everyone can play, the arguable "hand-holding" would be a lot less conspicuous if you just fixed the different Ch. 1 units with a relatively harmless secondary skill than have those secondary slots ALL be completely empty. The emptiness is egregious and, simply put, looks bad. Lack supports or movements or even having pretty much the same two reactions (Weapon Guard and Caution) are less problematic than that.

With regards to faith-based magic, balancing this has always been a problem (and likely remain as such, even after FDC and RavenofRazgriz's comes out). Given that I'm not an expert on that subject by any means and I'm not even sure what differences or formulas you're using for the different elements, all I can say that is that the "bosses" of the chapter shouldn't be getting nuked by a single AoE spell. It seems like the Y values for the AoE spells could stand to be (a lot) a lesser at the very least.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dome

I understand...I will force -useless- secondary on enemies
Also, I'll lower Algus faith to 50...or I'll give him a different equipment...

Dome

B A T T L E L O G S

Welcome to the 1.4 Battle and Challenge discussion. Need help? Ask!
Here you can share your battles in video, text, or picture format.

Dome

Dome

I want to rework the random battles, and each battle in the same spot of the map should feature only some kind of monsters (Each place will have it's own fauna)
Also, I want to keep them...Coherent
For example, Gaffy says that "Araguay woods" is the Goblin forest :-)
Also, if during the story battle you find some kind of monster, they should appear in randoms as well

Mandalia plains: Chocobos - Goblins - Cats
Sweegy woods: Bombs - Goblins - Squids
Lenalia plateau: Squids - Chocobos - Cats
Fovoham plains: Pigs - Morbols - Chocobos
Zeklaus desert: Skeletons - Minotaurs - Birds
Bervennia volcano: Bombs - Floating eyes - Skeletons
Yuguo woods: Ghosts - Trees - Skeletons
Grog hill: Birds - Cats - Trees
Doguola pass: Dragons - Hydras - Minotaur
Araguay woods: Goblins - Trees - Skeletons
Zirekile falls: Squids - Floating eyes - Cats
Bed desert: Behemots - Bombs - Birds
Poeskas lake: Behemots - Ghosts - Hydras
Germinas peak: Birds - Floating Eyes - Cats
Bariaus hill: Pigs - Floating Eyes - Birds
Bariaus valley: Squids - Cats - Trees
Zigolis swamp: Morbols - Ghosts - Skeletons
Finath River: Chocobos - Squids - Trees
Dolbodar swamp: ??????

Dome

I've reworked birds stats and abilities...
They will scale better in the next release, don't worry :-)

Dome

Quote from: EpicSolidSnake on March 02, 2011, 08:20:50 pm
Dome, the items called *Stuff* could be changed to gems names...it would make more sense lol.

Unless that Stuff is form link...

Great, I'll grab mah stuff!!! xD
If someone makes a gem sprite, I'll gladily replace it

Barren

for lenalia: piscodemon, chocobo, red panther

for fovoham plains: juravis, floatiball, bull demon, piscodemon

for zeklaus desert: all bomb types

for zigolis swamp/yuguo woods/poeskas lake: all undead/behemoth types (poeskas lake only)

that's about all i can think of for now...ill come up with more later

Dome

Thanks for the suggestions, I added some of yours and someone I came up now

EpicSolidSnake

Something is odd about mustardio.

If your wondering, his skill set is still called *Snipe*

Other minor bug.

Lavian started with weapon guard, but never actually learned. (She can't even change to knight yet)
Same thing with Rad.

Barren

if you watch my barius hill story line battle.....you will see that my oracle is glitched out

skiploom188

Just a suggestion, it would be awesome if you can change your units' names in soldier office like in ASM'd. It would be just like giving your unit a callsign or a nickname. Or in case you're not satisfied with the generic name, then you can easily change it and you can still save 4000 gil.
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Eternal

That can be easily done with FFTorgASM, IIRC. I highly advise implementing it, since it really does make things easier, unless you want to buy all new units.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817