• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 12:42:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

BeoulveBlack

March 18, 2009, 06:51:19 pm #700 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
Quote from: "VincentCraven"If you made Teleport a selectable option like that, I would... actually nevermind.

you'd what... actually never mind. if i use this teleport hack, the character with it is gonna have to have some bad-ass act commandz...

VincentCraven

March 18, 2009, 07:45:27 pm #701 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
So you wouldn't use Teleport?  I don't get what you mean by "the character with it."  Unless you are doing a hack where everyone has fixed RSMs, you can remove Teleport if you think it's no good.

In most situations, yes I probably would not use Teleport as my movement ability.  Then again, in most situations, I would also probably not use Walk on Water either, so it is now a "sometimes" ability.  On some maps it makes for a good retreat ability, I tell you.  And instead of being awesomely overpowered, it is just mediocre.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Archael

March 18, 2009, 08:43:16 pm #702 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Maximus Ultimus ASM Requests of the Century:

1) Find AI routines
2) Enable AI to be aware of the player's Reaction Abilities
3) Enable AI to be aware that Waiting via the Wait command saves CT

Kaijyuu

March 19, 2009, 01:14:59 am #703 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Dunno if this is the place to ask this... but...

Has anyone been able to expand the roster to 20 yet? That is, have character numbers 17-20 act the exact same as 1-16 for all intents and purposes.

(Having guests not show up on the formation screen to alleviate any possible bugs isn't hard to do. Tedious to implement maybe. And you can't customize your guests like in the original game. But I think the additional character slots would be of greater benefit)
  • Modding version: PSX

SentinalBlade

March 19, 2009, 01:51:00 am #704 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Its in this thread actually, but the main page was never updated :(

Kaijyuu

March 19, 2009, 01:57:03 am #705 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Hrm, I skimmed through it and found something that lets you recruit 17-20 from the soldier office (this implies it doesn't work for invited enemies and story added characters?). Also something that lets you use guests in random battles (but with the immortal flag...).

Zozma

March 19, 2009, 03:40:25 pm #706 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i thought that he never got that working properly...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Razele

March 20, 2009, 02:30:42 am #707 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
* Added chance to get rare items
* Updated list of equipment abilities
* New equipment ability :
N-Kai Armlet - Decreases Dead counter from 3 to 1 by changing the killed unit's CT to 199

Compiled list of equipment abilities :

Quote1) is it possible to make it so that Silent Walk adds transparent if you haven't acted yet?
Yes, it's possible, but I think the ability to bypass reaction ability is already powerful.

Quote2) and with your hacks, is it possible to say, if i wanted your rework of move +3 to go on move + 2 instead, could i copy/paste the numbers for the rework of Move + 3 onto move +2 (adding zeros for any possible leftover code of move + 2)?
Yes, it's possible to some extent.

Quote3) with your rework of throw item, do chemists still throw items or are they now restricted to only 1 panel items uses?
There's a few resurrection abilities in FFT :
1. Revive - 0 CTR, 1 range
2. Raise - 4 CTR, 4 range
3. Raise 2 - 10 CTR, 4 range
4. Phoenix Down - 0 CTR, 4 range with Throw Item

Phoenix Down / Potions + Throw Item can easily heal / resurrect any of your allies without charging time and from safe range.
Maybe this is just me, but I think those abilities are imbalanced, players / enemies can't do anything to prevent Chemists from throwing items to resurrect / heal their allies, except you kill them.
Revive - You can surround the corpse or limit the Monk's path.
Raise / Raise 2 - You can prevent Priests from reviving their friends by Silence / destroying their MP / kill them before the spell resolves.

Chemists will get innate Alchemy instead.
Throw Item ability will be merged with Bags.

Alchemy
Increases potency of restorative medicines by 50%
Potion    from  30  to 45
Hi-Potion from  70  to 105
X-Potion  from 150  to 225

Quote4) last and most important...is it possible for you to change the rework of teleport (move anywhere 100% but no act) to be a support (like defend or equip change) that's accessed in the act menu instead? the way it is currently makes it very, well, it makes it so that your character can only move OR act
No, it's not possible.

QuoteIts in this thread actually, but the main page was never updated
Because that hack is still incomplete, I still haven't got time to complete that hack, still busy with Movement / Support / Item rework.

QuoteMaximus Ultimus ASM Requests of the Century:

1) Find AI routines
2) Enable AI to be aware of the player's Reaction Abilities
3) Enable AI to be aware that Waiting via the Wait command saves CT
AI's routine is very complex, I don't know if it's possible to fully understand how AI works.

Kaijyuu

March 20, 2009, 04:25:10 am #708 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Dunno if this would be a small request or not...

When a character that can change jobs is given the monster gender, both the dancer and bard are available for them (at least from my minimal tests [Just maxed out the prerequisite jobs via save game hacking]).
I'd like to be able to limit it to one or the other (in my case, just the dancer job).

LastingDawn

March 20, 2009, 10:30:53 am #709 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, Razele, here's another thought... is it possible to give Swords "Weapon Guard" and Knight Swords "Defense Up" of course if you did that, the power of Knight Swords would need slaughtered. But when I imagine a sword fight I imagine a lot of parrying of blows, in such I think it would be a perfect ability. Not to mention it would give a use for those odd classes that can equip swords to use it pretty efficiently. I think Defense Up would fit Knight Swords because... well... they are Knight Swords gigantic for the purpose of Defending, they even have a sword called the Defender.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

March 20, 2009, 12:50:32 pm #710 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
hey Razele, surely you know how the game normally on loads 16 UNIT.BIN sprites.

When in the battle formation it loads 16 sprites, even though it has way enough space for 20...

Yet it loads all the 20 portraits, which I find a bit dumb

5x
5x
5x
1x (add 4 here for 20 sprites!!)

so I have problems with GPU stuff can you help?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Xifanie

March 20, 2009, 02:18:39 pm #711 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Forget it, I found it.

ATTACK.OUT
0x9BCC
1400222A
UNIT.BIN sprites loaded for the battle formation = 01-20

Man, that was though... I went through about 20 jal to get there.

With this I believe the hack is complete, so you can merge your part with mine and put it on your first page.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Zozma

March 20, 2009, 03:56:51 pm #712 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
hmmm if you are able to add a support ability does it mean your able to add a skillset ability? or does "defend" work because its a support type?

Kourama

March 21, 2009, 04:48:18 am #713 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
You changed bags to give innate "throw item"? Why not give it equip change too then. I'm sure they can carry extra stuff in there bags.
Would then be funny to make bags do damage based on how many different items you have in your inventory, if equip change was added.

On a more serious note, can there be an ASM hack that can have an ability that makes the enemy face the opposite direction?
Also if that can be done is there anyway to make units change the direction they are facing after a counter ability.

For example if your character gets attacked from the side, then they counter with ..."Counter" could they stay facing the character that just attacked them?

Kaijyuu

March 21, 2009, 10:21:28 am #714 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "Kourama"For example if your character gets attacked from the side, then they counter with ..."Counter" could they stay facing the character that just attacked them?
That'd only kill counter, as it's just a decent reaction ability already. Making every reaction do that would destroy the purpose of choosing your character's facing, as any smart opponent will then almost never have to attack you from the front regardless of what you set your direction.

Having to waste an action to change your opponent's facing would be better, but the usefulness would be debatable.

Dokurider

March 21, 2009, 05:21:29 pm #715 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Quote from: "Kaijyuu"Having to waste an action to change your opponent's facing would be better, but the usefulness would be debatable.

Voice Throw?

Razele

March 22, 2009, 03:58:33 am #716 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteHmm, Razele, here's another thought... is it possible to give Swords "Weapon Guard" and Knight Swords "Defense Up" of course if you did that, the power of Knight Swords would need slaughtered. But when I imagine a sword fight I imagine a lot of parrying of blows, in such I think it would be a perfect ability. Not to mention it would give a use for those odd classes that can equip swords to use it pretty efficiently. I think Defense Up would fit Knight Swords because... well... they are Knight Swords gigantic for the purpose of Defending, they even have a sword called the Defender.
Yeah, it can be easily done.

QuoteDunno if this would be a small request or not...

When a character that can change jobs is given the monster gender, both the dancer and bard are available for them (at least from my minimal tests [Just maxed out the prerequisite jobs via save game hacking]).
I'd like to be able to limit it to one or the other (in my case, just the dancer job).
You can just combine Male + Monster or Female + Monster gender in fftpatcher for this case.

QuoteForget it, I found it.

ATTACK.OUT
0x9BCC
1400222A
UNIT.BIN sprites loaded for the battle formation = 01-20

Man, that was though... I went through about 20 jal to get there.

With this I believe the hack is complete, so you can merge your part with mine and put it on your first page.
20 jal :shock: That's certainly annoying.
But some patch can take advantage of this hack to have 20 characters instead of just 16.

Quotehmmm if you are able to add a support ability does it mean your able to add a skillset ability? or does "defend" work because its a support type?
You want Defend menu contains skillset like Black Magic ? I haven't debugged Defend menu yet.

QuoteYou changed bags to give innate "throw item"? Why not give it equip change too then. I'm sure they can carry extra stuff in there bags.
Would then be funny to make bags do damage based on how many different items you have in your inventory, if equip change was added.
Well like you said, it's better if bags have Equip Change instead of Throw Item.
Throw Item will be merged with other item.

QuoteOn a more serious note, can there be an ASM hack that can have an ability that makes the enemy face the opposite direction?
Also if that can be done is there anyway to make units change the direction they are facing after a counter ability.

For example if your character gets attacked from the side, then they counter with ..."Counter" could they stay facing the character that just attacked
I don't know, I haven't tried it yet.

Kaijyuu

March 22, 2009, 12:51:20 pm #717 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Quote from: "Razele"You can just combine Male + Monster or Female + Monster gender in fftpatcher for this case.
I'd like to have all three, though. I plan to give the monster gender to a single special character. Everything else about the monster gender works fine, it's just that having both the bard and dancer available leads to redundant abilities and some combinations I don't want the player to have.

(maybe someone else can answer this part) In patcher? I don't see any options for gender changes there, though it's quite possible I overlooked something...

Zozma

March 22, 2009, 04:20:22 pm #718 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
not the "defend" command per se,

what im referring to is, since you can add "defend" command to an item

would you be able to do that for actual command sets since defend is in the list of skillsets. like for example what if i want the materia blade to have "holy sword".

btw, gender would be in the ENTD section

Kaijyuu

March 22, 2009, 05:13:44 pm #719 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
So... when I give the character during that event, I just check both the female and monster boxes?