• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Chrono Compendium hacking projects go down

Started by FFMaster, May 11, 2009, 04:07:00 am

Poco Loco

May 18, 2009, 03:46:21 pm #140 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
yea the boss is right after all, its only in human nature (well 2 some anyway) to help those out in need, especially seeing as how all that passion and ambition was just tossed aside and completely devastated

and God-forbid the same shit can happen here u know
"I'm Dr. Rockzo The Rock & Roll Clown... I Do Cocaine" LMAO

Dokurider

May 18, 2009, 04:05:04 pm #141 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Well, what are we supposed to do about it?

Poco Loco

May 18, 2009, 04:24:47 pm #142 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
well the only thing we can do now is to keep doing what we are doing n not promote ourselves to the extreme

there are a lot of snitches out there

its best to stay under the radar and do what we are doing

the mistake of the other guys was that they kept on putting themselves on blast, they threw themselves out there hard-body

which is why everybody and their mom's knew what was going on, it even went as far as Square-Enix which is why they did what they did

LastingDawn

May 18, 2009, 06:35:16 pm #143 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
That is incorrect, they were very low brow for a rom hack, they tried to keep themselves hidden and had a small devoted team of testers. Square has only attacked Chrono Trigger, because they Actively protect that franchise, they have in the past. A final fantasy hack has never been attacked. I feel we are perfectly safe, and if they do come after us, I don't think we'll just roll over and die. I think we'd handle the situation with an amount of grace.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Xifanie

May 18, 2009, 08:01:09 pm #144 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Can anyone fucking name of FF projects worth mentioning? Beside 1.3 that is.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Poco Loco

May 18, 2009, 08:12:30 pm #145 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
yea I guess u have a point LastingDawn

well lets hope it never happens

well as for a decent FF project would be my friend Zeemis' Revelations hack for FF6 its still early but its going great :p

still 1.3 blows it away in the sense that its done and also off the fact that its a playstation game n he is hacking the snes version of the game

Poco Loco

May 18, 2009, 08:13:34 pm #146 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
oh yea the guys @ slickproductions.org as well :p

Xifanie

May 18, 2009, 08:28:40 pm #147 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
There are no real mods on slickproductions.org
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Poco Loco

May 18, 2009, 08:30:01 pm #148 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
well, yea u have a point there

still they are pretty good @ what they do I give them that :)

u guys are on top tho no question (not trying 2 kiss ass I'm just telling it like it is)

SentinalBlade

May 18, 2009, 09:52:41 pm #149 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Jorgen just recently completely dissassembled the FF V SNES ROM.

Pandora FF6 project recently unlocked event editing, and made a tool for it(much like the tool for CC i think).

Not alot of mods on either point, as zodiac said, but Jorgen did alot of the hacking/debugging himself. And the Pandora team is very small and still gets alot of hacking done.

DarthPaul

May 18, 2009, 10:10:12 pm #150 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
As has been previously mentioned I think we will be safe, because SE is a company built around beating a dead horse. As long as we stay from CT and possibly FF7 I don''t think they will ever see us as a threat. Though I wish to see the CC hacks back in full swing when all this blows over but only time will tell.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Oblivion

May 19, 2009, 12:07:24 am #151 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by ehrgeiz20
Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "Dokurider"On an unrelated note, now that Chrono Compendium is down, maybe we can ask some of the former members to help us out here?
...what?

Do you have any idea of what they're going through?

- Oh crap, SE shuts a project we've been working for 5 years... damn...
- We can't just stay here and do nothing about it.
- Right, let's go help the folks at FFH.

FFH and CC are two distinguished game hacking communities. In times like this, we shouldn't see this as an opportunity to gain more hackers! We have to support them.

To add more to that we do not want to go above the radar and be found as well.
"A little sport before dying, dear boy?"

DarthPaul

May 19, 2009, 12:42:04 am #152 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "ehrgeiz20"To add more to that we do not want to go above the radar and be found as well.

I don't think much would happen if we where "discovered" by SE. Sure they would give us a smack on the risk and say "don't do that", but honestly I don't think they care enough about FFT to threaten legal action against us.  

Who know maybe they already found us, but are too scared of Asmo to say anything.

All joking aside we are most likely in the clear indefinitely as far as FFT hacking goes. If you look at most of us, we all rightfully bought the game ( money in their pockets) and some of us have multiple hard copies. Cause let's face it, innovation wise it is the best game in the series.The only reason it is under the radar of popularity is because all the variables make it difficult for casual and "average" gamers to play. Which is also why I am proud of those here, for they show that they have the brain power to understand FFT, a game which some of the smartest people I know have difficulty with just based on Zodiac compatibility and B/F.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Archael

May 19, 2009, 01:14:06 am #153 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
if 1.3 didn't cause legal action against FFH, I'm sure the next project to top it popularity-wise could do the trick

I don't see why they would be protective of CT and not FFT... the fan bases for both games are valuable $ wise, is CT's fan base really that much bigger than FFT's?

gojoe

May 19, 2009, 01:34:25 am #154 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by gojoe
Quote from: "Voldemort"is CT's fan base really that much bigger than FFT's?

A google search showed more results for ct than fft and that search didn't exclude the advance versions.
I never learn from my mistakes.

FaustWolf

May 19, 2009, 03:13:33 am #155 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FaustWolf
QuoteAll joking aside we are most likely in the clear indefinitely as far as FFT hacking goes. If you look at most of us, we all rightfully bought the game ( money in their pockets) and some of us have multiple hard copies.
darthpaul, don't think for a second that that's enough to keep you in the clear. However, it's interesting to note that the "end users have their own copies" argument flies much more easily for PSX games than SNES games since it's very easy to pull your own copy from the CD if you have the right software, which Google can handily provide for free. No wires involved.

Quoteif 1.3 didn't cause legal action against FFH, I'm sure the next project to top it popularity-wise could do the trick
Wise advice Voldemort. Even before Prophet's Guile there was the Chrono Trigger Retranslation and Chrono Trigger Hard Type. Every new project completed within the Chrono community upped the ante to the next level, and Crimson Echoes pushed it too far. And while one could argue that SE might ignore mods released under the radar, they did call for Prophet's Guile and all other mods to be nixed from the Chrono Compendium's server ex post facto. Everything was still up at ROMhacking.net last I checked, so my guess is SE just doesn't know about that community yet.

Zodiac, huge thanks for the support. It really helps to know that there are other communities out there that just get it when it comes to videogame modding, and how these projects can grow into really enriching experiences. Once this is all over I'll certainly stick around here to study up on Final Fantasy Tactics file formats; the Chrono Compendium had just started to get its feet wet in Playstation modding, so it's always great to see how more experienced communities have done it.

DarthPaul

May 19, 2009, 08:02:16 am #156 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "FaustWolf"darthpaul, don't think for a second that that's enough to keep you in the clear. However, it's interesting to note that the "end users have their own copies" argument flies much more easily for PSX games than SNES games since it's very easy to pull your own copy from the CD if you have the right software, which Google can handily provide for free. No wires involved.

I don't think it will keep us in the clear when our time comes. What I do think is it "should" keep us clear, because the way I see it they are violating our rights as consumers by saying "you are not allowed to mess around with the product you legally purchased". I still have my copy of CT for SNES and a homemade adapter that connects it to my PC. <--The fact I have not tried any hacking on it before is that I have the PSX version too and was never dissatisfied. I find it disturbing however that they have the cahones to tell us we do not have the right that some countries (if not most) give their consumers, because we(in the SNES versions case my parents) have spent our hard earned money on these cartridges and disks and in theory that gives us the right not only to the gameplay but also the code that puts the game together. After all we bought the idea, not the copyright. So it only makes sense that any hacks produced by the talented hackers such as yourselves should be perfectly legal. The fact that it isn't proves that every day the laws created to "protect" us are holding us back and violating our rights to just about anything.

Though I might try looking at this from a different perspective. The George Carlin perspective. We have no rights, rights are an illusion produced by our minds. Where would our rights come from other than a god. If god says we have right why are they different in all countries.

What I'm getting at is either SE respects our right and we will respect theirs. If not then no one has right and we will do it anyway. As a productive mind I love SE they have made games I love above most other for innovation and good stories. A list of what they have brought to me is the FF series, Radiata Stories, Star Ocean, and KH just to name a few.

I loved Radiata Stories (example time) and if they don't make a sequel to it (a good one) then I am all for a hacking project on it in the future.

Poco Loco

May 19, 2009, 03:22:06 pm #157 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Poco Loco
yea Darthpaul is 100% right when it comes right down to it, if you got something that you paid for and its rightfully yours.....u can do whatever the hell u want with it

of course this is all non-profit so SE rlly needs to hop off  some nut-sacks lets be 4real here

philsov

May 19, 2009, 03:59:41 pm #158 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quoteyea Darthpaul is 100% right when it comes right down to it, if you got something that you paid for and its rightfully yours.....u can do whatever the hell u want with it

Not according to US law.  Read an instruction booklet sometime.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

beawulfx

May 19, 2009, 05:03:37 pm #159 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
No way phil. If I pay for a game I can cut it in half and use the sharpened edge to slice my bastard uncles throat with it. My defense = I paid for it. I can do whatever I want.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF