• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 01:28:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFMaster's small ASM hacks{Another Oil hack made}

Started by FFMaster, August 09, 2010, 06:18:26 am

FFMaster

For normal abilities, they worked properly. Not sure about Jump. I know Charge isn't affected at all.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Pride

If you are going to do some formula hacks, I think one of the biggest ones would be a simple PA*Y formula so the worker formula doesn't have to be used and such.
  • Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

pokeytax

That CT hack is great. Is there any way to get CT scaling with 10/SP? That would be the holy grail, IMO - 1 CT would be roughly 10% of an AT for the whole game, speed growth issues solved.

FFMaster

Right now, I have a PA*Y formula, but it doesn't inflict statii and doesn't have an element. No idea what is causing the problem, but if people still want it, I can put it up... it's better than the Worker 8 formula at least, it's evadable, and is affected by AUP and friends.

Pride

It's an improvement, so there's no need to complain. So please post it ^_^

FFMaster

January 07, 2011, 08:34:12 pm #125 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 12:18:05 am by FFMaster
Use at your own risk. I'm not putting it on the front page. It doesn't deserve it.

EDIT: Removed, use the one below.

FFMaster

January 08, 2011, 05:41:03 am #126 Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:43:45 am by FFMaster
Here is a much better version. This will always use weapon element, unless you use the Weapon Strike ASM.

Basically, it is formula 2D with PA*Y as the formula, and is accessed by using formula 11. So remember, 100% status.
0x122124

0xF148C
e8ffbd27
1000bfaf
6e21060c
2f61050c
1000bf8f
1800bd27
0800e003

0xF14BC
e8ffbd27
1000bfaf
4421060c
8117060c
d0260608

If people can think of a better formula to base it off (Physical damage, takes elements, takes statii) then please tell me.

Pride

FFMaster is the man, I know I'll use this and I'm sure many others will as well. Good PA formulas are hard to come by

formerdeathcorps

Pride, if you need that many lines, you might as well cannibalize the Steal EXP formula, which is poorly coded and probably will never be used in your Arena hack.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

FFMaster

January 09, 2011, 12:31:11 am #129 Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:46:55 am by FFMaster
Here is one a lot of people have wanted. For examples, Mercenaries.

0x124AE2
change 40 to 00

0x137F56
change 80 to 00

This makes the status itself blank, but allows the CT to be used elsewhere, or you can code your own status effect if you really wanted to.

EDIT: According to FDC, this should also allow the AI to attack units with Death Sentence. Can anyone test that out? Kind of busy right now.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: FFMaster on January 09, 2011, 12:31:11 amEDIT: According to FDC, this should also allow the AI to attack units with Death Sentence. Can anyone test that out? Kind of busy right now.

I'm also kind of busy right now, but if this turns out to be true, would it be possible to get a version of this that only includes the "AI attacks units with Wall status" portion for the people who would like to keep Wall as-is but still have a working Death Sentence that doesn't distort the fuck out of the AI?

Also, for custom formulas, are you interested in taking any requests in those?  I have a number that I think are of varying degrees of complexity that more than just myself would probably like to see if you're interested in taking a crack at them.

FFMaster

Depends. If you want to leave Wall as is, then don't edit the first part. That is the part to disable Wall status. As for custom formulae, if they are simple equation changes, then it should be fine. The problem is that they just take up a lot of space. If you have an equation that can be replaced(Steal Gil, lol), then it should take much less space.

EDIT: The Wall hack doesn't affect DS AI. Unit ignored the DS'ed unit completely.

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: FFMaster on January 09, 2011, 03:56:54 pm
EDIT: The Wall hack doesn't affect DS AI. Unit ignored the DS'ed unit completely.

Next test a unit with re-raise.  If I'm not mistaken, the AI knows to use re-raise to remove DS.  Does that still work after you apply this ASM hack?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

Alright then.  Thanks.

There are a number of formula I would definitely want / like to see, but if you don't mind the one I find most important is the one I spoke to you of on IRC - Fist Formula becomes Dmg_((PA+5[or ZZ if possible?])/2*PA).  This is rather integral to one of my Projects so it'd be amazing if you could do it.  I have a number of others I'd like, but they're of far less importance so they can wait unless you're interested in trying them as well.  If you do, just tell me and I'll let you know what they are and what formula you can feel free to nuke the shit out of for space.

If you want to try writing a formula into a new spot entirely, I think one that a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing (myself included despite not knowing if I'd use it in my current Project) is Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y)) DmgCas_(PA*(WP+Y)/X), so that the War of the Lions Dark Knight could be recreated.  Only problem is using the obvious Work formula as the base means no Status no Elemental and people will probably want that too, so... yeah.  Then again, I suppose using 2D as the base and adding a DmgCas section would remedy this.  I'd recommend writing this over the defunct 05 Dmg_[Weapon] Formula if you can so everyone can use it.

Vanya

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 10, 2011, 05:37:50 pm
If you want to try writing a formula into a new spot entirely, I think one that a lot of people wouldn't mind seeing (myself included despite not knowing if I'd use it in my current Project) is Dmg_(PA*(WP+Y)) DmgCas_(PA*(WP+Y)/X), so that the War of the Lions Dark Knight could be recreated.  Only problem is using the obvious Work formula as the base means no Status no Elemental and people will probably want that too, so... yeah.  Then again, I suppose using 2D as the base and adding a DmgCas section would remedy this.  I'd recommend writing this over the defunct 05 Dmg_[Weapon] Formula if you can so everyone can use it.

This would be great for some of the Riskbreaker skills also.
¯\(°_0)/¯

FFMaster

REMOVED: USE THE ONES ON FIRST POST

FFMaster

No, sorry. If you want a Non-Charge version as well, I could edit this version and put some Non-Charge checks.

The Damned

Pretty great hacks here as well.

If you have the time to clarify, I was wondering something with regards to your Minimum and Maximum Brave/Faith hacks, I'm curious. Does it just force people to have the minimum (or the maximum) Brave/Faith just when coming into the battle? Or does it make utterly impossible for Brave or Faith to be lowered or raised above the new floor or ceiling chosen?

For example, let's say I made the new Brave floor 11 with this. Would I be unable to thus Chicken any unit in the game with whatever -Brave abilities? Or it would it just force units that somehow got permanent Brave less than 11 outside of battle to have 11 Brave inside of battle?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

The latter. Temporary Brave is unaffected. If a unit should have less than 11 Brave after the battle, he instead gets pushed up to 11.