• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:29:04 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Havermayer, May 05, 2011, 07:29:23 pm

Kaijyuu

July 04, 2011, 10:25:46 pm #20 Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:27:04 pm by Kaijyuu
Bump for awesome music.

The show itself has some damn good background music... like this one:

As for fan made stuff... the voices sound off for the first ~2 minutes here due to slowing them down, but otherwise quite good:

And here's some remixes I like (though honestly I can't tell what they're remixes of by just listening to them):

Unfortunately there's some sturgeon's law going on here. The vast majority of fan made music I can find are crappy europop and techno.

Anyone else find anything good?
  • Modding version: PSX

Havermayer

July 05, 2011, 02:46:56 am #21 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:49:14 am by Havermayer
Well, the upcoming fan fighting game Fighting Is Magic will have an original soundtrack.  Done by "Derpy Hooves" and "RainbowCrash88". 

The same people behind that have some other fan songs, but I'm not sure if they will be used in the game.  Luna's Theme has "epic boss music" written all over it.

He also did "Twilight's Sonata"

Kaijyuu

Applejack's stage theme is well done, but something about it has been bugging me. Think I finally figured it out.

From this interview:

Quote6. Friendship is Magic sports quite a modern soundtrack in several ways. Rainbow Dash's signature instrument is the electric guitar. Synths and electronic beats accompany several side characters, such as the DJ pony and Photo Finish. Is this direction in the music part of the overall "modernization" of the show in updating the My Little Pony franchise as a whole, or do you simply employ instruments and musical styles that you feel are appropriate to the scene or characters on-screen at the time? Any commentary you'd like to share on the more modern music you've composed for FiM?

To some degree it is unplanned. I mean really, what else would one do for Photo Finish but German Progressive House?  I just go for what is right for the scene or character - and I try to keep it cohesive.  That said, Lauren always wanted to find a signature sound or instrument for every character and so that is always on my mind.

The electric guitar parts just don't fit, imo. I DO love the banjos, but once the heavy rock kicks in it sounds more fitting for rainbow dash than applejack.

The other songs aren't my cup 'o tea, but pretty good in their own right.

Kaijyuu

(ok last pony reaction video from me on these boards)

Kaijyuu

Dokurider

He made me hella mad.

Applebluff
Angry Pie/Pinkie Cry
Rockity
Flutterbitch
Traitor Dash

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

OlivriaNoel

Isn't the fighting game being made by the same people behind Melty Blood?

If so, it's gonna be awesome.
And so, Oliviria began her journey to hacking FFT well.

There may have been some rejoicing.

Kaijyuu

No, the fighting game's being made by regular ol' fans.

Well, except that they're jerks. Supposedly, anyway; I've talked to two people who had strong opinions about them, but haven't met them myself.

Kaijyuu

So apparently Luna became a sith lord.

High probability of being a legit screenshot, btw.

Havermayer

Yes, Luna seems to be returning.  Kind of a Halloween episode.

For the season premiere, I thought the first episode was really strong.  Second was a bit weak, especially the end.  But seeing pissed off Twilight was wroth it. 

Kaijyuu

It was just too short.  They should've made a movie instead. Then they could've fleshed out the scene with the letters and use something other than fix-everything magic for the others.

Still, gotta love Discord.

Kaijyuu

Most of you don't care, but I'm sort of panicing right now.

Gist of it is this: 1/3 of the main writers left the show. "It was kind of ugly." Season 3 only has half a season planned.

Writing on the wall says Hasbro's being retarded and treating this like it's the same garbage they spewed for generation 3.5. IE, just an advertisement, no one will really care if we just make enough episodes for syndication. Oh, and stuck more toys in there. Best case scenario is the series is continued and limps on for a few more seasons, maybe or maybe not doing justice to the original creator's vision. Worst is it ends somewhere around this time next year.

It should also be noted that everything Equestria Daily has actually put up and tagged as a rumor has ultimately turned out NOT to be a rumor. See: Sith Lord Luna I posted up the page.

Oh, and for any pony haters that might be rejoicing: if this goes down, FiM's fanbase is likely to turn it into a zombie franchise like Sonic's (heaps of fanmade content with crappy official content; everyone expects direct to DVD movies of FIM, but without the original writers...). You won't escape the pony memes for quite some time. Just now, you'll be dealing with rabid and disillusioned fans, as opposed to rabid and optimistic fans. That's not a step up.

Kaijyuu

I'm pretty sure there are already more disturbing things than that made.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

As a regular googler of the phrase "Rule 34" mixed with whatever is currently on my mind, I assure you there is.  A lot of it.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kaijyuu on November 09, 2011, 03:10:45 pm
I'm pretty sure there are already more disturbing things than that made.

Seriously.  Just watch it.

But yes, this is actually depressing news.  I gave this show the benefit of the brony and sat and watched it about a week ago.  The first... probably 8 episodes at least are kinda the typical bleh you'd expect from this genre, some funny bits but otherwise typical, but thankfully only the first 2 (maybe 3) are needed continuity-wise since its mostly episodic.  The last half of Season 1 and what I've seen of Season 2 so far (Episodes 1-4) are fairly strong and entertaining, honestly, and when I was done I actually wanted to watch more instead of just watching it to see what the hype was about.   So honestly, Hasbro being giant cunts and there being an ugly blowout in regards to the show depresses me, because it was a genuinely good show beyond the brony hype and fanon.

Hopefully the script for Season 2 being already written ensures it'll stay strong, even if I know to expect diminishing returns on Season 3 onward from the sounds of it.  Sucks, honestly.

Ryqoshay

Heh... Ponies...
I can't wait for Bleedman to get around to them, because his Grim Tales and Power Puff Girls comics are awesome! ^_^
Hurry down the chimney tonight.