• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 30, 2024, 05:39:40 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

Skip Sandwich

February 19, 2009, 02:49:50 pm #500 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
Some tweeks to the already proposed Golem Movement ability

Crowd Control: unit can be used as stepping stone, unit is immune to knockback, unit can walk through tiles occupied by enemy units, enemy units treat the tiles adjacent to this unit as difficult terrain (ideally they would have to either begin or end thier movement in a square adjacent to this unit, they would not be able to just walk right past)

and a reaction ability idea

Abandon: instead of the current effect, which makes the Caution reaction pointless, have it cast Haste on the unit at br% when they are attacked, -OR- leave it as is, but add in a chance of the target losing 3 brave at br% whenever they are attacked. (so either you go with caution which only protects for attacks after the attack that triggers it, or you go with abandon, which is always active, but has the chance of lowering your brave whenever you are attacked)
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

LastingDawn

February 19, 2009, 02:51:15 pm #501 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm,  for Cornered, why not have it for a 10% attack increase for each enemy unit that is around you? Completely surrounded gives you 40% more atttack power which is nothing to laugh about. Also works great for bosses.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dokurider

February 19, 2009, 02:51:44 pm #502 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Difficult terrain? Hmm...

Zozma

February 19, 2009, 06:31:16 pm #503 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
okay, i donno who put together the orgASM program... but there must be bugs with some of it cause it screwed up a few things on my iso. im pretty sure they were battle.bin related as well since when i replaced that, it worked fine again. but i had that same type of crash during battle like the old swordstrike fix used to do.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

February 19, 2009, 07:39:43 pm #504 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I know it is odd of me to make a request, but I have other matters at hand currently.

- Ability to select guest units for random battles. They will join as immortals.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SentinalBlade

February 19, 2009, 07:42:34 pm #505 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Zozma, theres a reason its not released yet. its roughly 2 days old.

Melonhead probably typed up the numbers wrong. open up hte .xml files and make sure all the bytes are correct.

Zozma

February 19, 2009, 07:43:36 pm #506 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
that sounds crazy, but it would be nice.

also actually being able to set immortal status to specific jobs (perhaps instead of dark evil looking) would be nice... but thats probably asking too much

---
yeah sb i just wanted to make sure to mention it just in case tho.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Asmo X

February 19, 2009, 10:23:57 pm #507 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
QuoteCrowd Control: unit can be used as stepping stone, unit is immune to knockback, unit can walk through tiles occupied by enemy units, enemy units treat the tiles adjacent to this unit as difficult terrain (ideally they would have to either begin or end thier movement in a square adjacent to this unit, they would not be able to just walk right past)

This last bit is interesting. Make it something like, in an AOE of 3 around the unit, the terrain has a movement penalty like deep water. When I saw this I was thinking it could even be on its own as an ability but it would be more like a support skill wouldn't it? I like Golem Movement -> Crowd Control with this tacked on anyway though. It's pretty cool.

QuoteAbandon: instead of the current effect, which makes the Caution reaction pointless, have it cast Haste on the unit at br% when they are attacked, -OR- leave it as is, but add in a chance of the target losing 3 brave at br% whenever they are attacked.

Why not just put abandon in line with the other stat bonuses and just make it a flat 33% bonus or something?

QuoteHmm, for Cornered, why not have it for a 10% attack increase for each enemy unit that is around you? Completely surrounded gives you 40% more atttack power which is nothing to laugh about. Also works great for bosses.

I like this too. Sword users will get a 10% attack bonus every turn being that they have to be adjacent to any enemy to attack. I wonder if this version or even my version could be exploited by surrounding the user with crippled enemies. My feeling is that would be too difficult to setup to worry about, but I just thought I'd make a note of it.

Razele

February 20, 2009, 12:15:10 am #508 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteRequest : A hex change for the Undead human to not turn purple
or
A completly un-healable unit but that does not receive damage from potion/heals and such.
Well after I see the Dark / Evil Looking status, it has a terrible appearance.
Sprite is completely dark and there's no walking animation.
It's better to use Undead status, and make Undead take 0 damage from Potion / Hi-Potion / X-Potion / Phoenix Down / Raise / Raise 2 / Choco Cure / etc.
Regarding the color change, I don't know if it's possible or not.

QuoteJump Attack (needs a better name) - If the unit equipped with this skill jumps during their move phase, they get a PA bonus that lasts until their 'Action' command is grayed out. The farther or higher they jump the larger the bonus. It shouldn't add a bonus if they move after using the Action menu to not make the bonus stack between turns.
FFT doesn't store the unit's original position after moving, and there's no change in variable if the unit use Jump animation or not.

QuoteHmm, for Cornered, why not have it for a 10% attack increase for each enemy unit that is around you? Completely surrounded gives you 40% more atttack power which is nothing to laugh about. Also works great for bosses.
Cornered means the unit must be surrounded by more than 1 person to make it functional.
You won't feel threatened if there's only one enemy near you.
How about this : Increase physical attack by 10% for each enemy units if there's more than 1 unit near you in 3 range. Capped at 40%.

Quote- Ability to select guest units for random battles. They will join as immortals.
Actually I also want to make summoning ability, to make Zodiac boss like Hashmalum able to summon more Ultima Demons in real battle.

This is the current plan of the rework hack :
1. Movement Ability
2. Support Ability
3. Status / Reaction

SentinalBlade

February 20, 2009, 01:11:37 am #509 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Excellent razele. a spell that will summon more units to the field?

be wary of the no more than 12 total units on a map thing... if theres more than that the ai just sits there...not moving...not attacking....

plus the 9 sprite limit. thats important to.

Itd be a good idea if you could make multiple version of this for me, or at least make it so i can put it in the formula editor.like define what sprite and job to use with XX and ZZ, like you did with the item hack :D

Id love to have this for the necromancer. limiting the number of summons to one a battle and it summons an AI controlled copy of the unit(male bard sprite with undead status)...the sprite at least, skills would be different. id love to see how you will make this work.

SydneySoul

February 20, 2009, 01:40:29 am #510 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SydneySoul
Bodyguard

A unit with the body guard movement equipped takes the damage of one of the ally units standing next to it. I don't know how workable that is. :x
Lil' gay soul manipulator lolpatcher.

Asmo X

February 20, 2009, 02:23:06 am #511 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "Razele"Increase physical attack by 10% for each enemy units if there's more than 1 unit near you in 3 range. Capped at 40%

I like it.

Also, if you use my Phalanx idea (evasion bonus when standing adjacent to an ally), is it possible to grant the evasion bonus to both units? Also, the AI will probably only derive benefit from this accidentally. But maybe the fact that you have to bunch your guys up to use this anyway balances it out a bit.

Razele

February 20, 2009, 10:44:26 am #512 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
* Changed Silent Walk ability, idea by Asmo

Old Silent Walk :
Increases physical damage when attacking from behind with physical attack, can move through enemies.
+15% bonus damage with Two Swords, +25% bonus damage without Two Swords.

New Silent Walk :
Ignore target's reaction ability when attacking from behind with physical attack, can move through enemies.

Quote- Ability to select guest units for random battles. They will join as immortals.
ATTACK.OUT
0x4110 change 0x10 to 0x14

Quotebe wary of the no more than 12 total units on a map thing... if theres more than that the ai just sits there...not moving...not attacking....

plus the 9 sprite limit. thats important to.

12 total units ? You mean for AI ?
With players, that means 12 + 5 = 17 total units in battle ?

9 sprite limit ? Is that for unique Sprite Set (01 Ramza, 76 Boco, 80 Generic Male, 81 Generic Female, 82 Monster)   ?
Since we usually bring 5 special characters, that means 4 unique Sprite Set for enemies ?
It doesn't matter since Ultima Demon uses 82 Monster sprite.

QuoteAlso, if you use my Phalanx idea (evasion bonus when standing adjacent to an ally), is it possible to grant the evasion bonus to both units? Also, the AI will probably only derive benefit from this accidentally. But maybe the fact that you have to bunch your guys up to use this anyway balances it out a bit.
Well, with 2 Phalanx, Mantle & Abandon, you can make a unit to get 100% evasion in Physical Attack and Magical Attack.

QuoteAbandon: instead of the current effect, which makes the Caution reaction pointless, have it cast Haste on the unit at br% when they are attacked, -OR- leave it as is, but add in a chance of the target losing 3 brave at br% whenever they are attacked. (so either you go with caution which only protects for attacks after the attack that triggers it, or you go with abandon, which is always active, but has the chance of lowering your brave whenever you are attacked)

Caution will probably get changed in the Reaction Ability rework.
Abandon also override other reaction ability, like Weapon Guard, and probably get changed too.

Players won't like their unit's Brave reduced, since there's no way to gain it back.
I assume people that create their own patch remove Brave / Faith alteration.

QuoteBodyguard

A unit with the body guard movement equipped takes the damage of one of the ally units standing next to it. I don't know how workable that is.
Nice idea for Reaction ability, but I don't know how to do that yet.

SentinalBlade

February 20, 2009, 12:08:29 pm #513 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote12 total units ? You mean for AI ?
With players, that means 12 + 5 = 17 total units in battle ?

9 sprite limit ? Is that for unique Sprite Set (01 Ramza, 76 Boco, 80 Generic Male, 81 Generic Female, 82 Monster) ?
Since we usually bring 5 special characters, that means 4 unique Sprite Set for enemies ?
It doesn't matter since Ultima Demon uses 82 Monster sprite.

I believe its 12 total, but some maps seem to be able ot hold more than 12 total. Sweegy woods for instance holds 5 player and 9 enemies(thats just the max ive tested)

I REALLY dont think its 12 enemy units + 5 players.

Also, the 9 sprite limit is pretty odd...

Even if you have generic female, it still counts each class as a different sprite.
So you could have
Female Monk
Female Geomancer
Female Knight
Ramza
Reis
Goboldyguk
Skeleton
Male Time Mage
Male Archer

And it would work fine. you can have multiple palletes to, so you can have skeleton and bone snatch, cause its teh same sprite, but not the same color.

That basically is saying, 5 player sprites, 4 enemy sprites.

philsov

February 20, 2009, 12:22:32 pm #514 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
the max on most map is 16 units, lest the 11 monks of grog hill be forgotten :-P

But only 12 on some maps is... odd.  First time I've heard about it.  Not to say you're wrong, its just curious that the cap is a per map basis and not a "16 wherever you go" deal.

QuoteSince we usually bring 5 special characters, that means 4 unique Sprite Set for enemies ?

Yup.  This is why you only get Gaf plus a squad of knights (or lancers in 1.3!) at Zirekile. 4 friendlies + agrias + ovelia + delita + gaff leaves room for just one generic enemy type.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

SentinalBlade

February 20, 2009, 12:24:02 pm #515 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Quote from: "philsov"But only 12 on some maps is... odd.  First time I've heard about it.  Not to say you're wrong, its just curious that the cap is a per map basis and not a "16 wherever you go" deal.

I learned this first hand actually. if you add more than the amount of enemies already there in the gariland battle at the start of the game, the AI just sits there...not moving or attacking.... took me and zozma forever to figure out why.

Asmo X

February 20, 2009, 12:45:55 pm #516 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Quote from: "Razele"Well, with 2 Phalanx, Mantle & Abandon, you can make a unit to get 100% evasion in Physical Attack and Magical Attack.

Yeah having another slot for evasion is probably not the best idea but Abandon should really be a 33% boost anyway. What if Phalanx added defense and/or magic defense? It would only stack with the supports then.

philsov

February 20, 2009, 12:54:18 pm #517 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Asmo X"Yeah having another slot for evasion is probably not the best idea but Abandon should really be a 33% boost anyway. What if Phalanx added defense and/or magic defense? It would only stack with the supports then.

Unless the supports no longer stack with protect/shell, phalanx + protect + def up is ~75% total damage reduction, depending on truncation.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dokurider

February 20, 2009, 03:51:44 pm #518 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Roll
Increases movement going downhill, and decreases movement going uphill.

Transmit
Teleport, but can only teleport to panels adjacent to other units.

Indecision
The way the unit faces is choosen randomly.

Cheetah

February 20, 2009, 05:14:24 pm #519 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Having guest characters selectable for battles is freaking amazing Razele. For this to actually work in the game though you would have to make lots of changes to the event scripts right? Because what would happen at Sweegy Woods if you put Delita as one of your party members in battle and he was already assigned to be there in the ENTD, two Delita's right? Still really cool though and opens up a lot of possibilities.
Current Projects: