• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:48:32 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Bloodthirster's Sprites

Started by Bloodthirster0, February 18, 2010, 12:36:09 am

Cheetah

I have to say that you guys are going to run into a lot of problems with using the berserker/barret arms. They are basically just ninja arms with skin tones, and the just don't work that well in the long run in my opinion. These are some really good projects though Bloodthirster and that Baron Grims concept is cool.
Current Projects:

mav

Baron Grims looks pretty awesome, just fix the random gray shading on the boots. Maverick looks good too--happy to see my attempted fixes made it in. You might want to extend the width of his body by one pixel on the diagonal view. Great work, man.

Kagebunji

Baron Grims looks great, but I always imagined him in some darker colors (you know, all that "Black sheep" and all), but red suits him as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Bloodthirster0

@Cheetah: Thats something nice to know,however I dont want to make custom arms,its very time consuming,but now I can revamp Locke

@Mav: There are no random gray pixels,its supposed to be like that,how am I supposed to increase him diagonaly?

@Kagebunji: Really?My inspiration besides Graaf,were Nanten units,some of them are Red or Yellow and most of them are Red and Yellow on the patch Im currently.

Baron Grims 5 Poses
Need something useful to write here

Cheetah

Did you have to give up a shade of red for Baron Grims? The rear views just aren't looking right, too flat. Oh I see the third shade on the other angles, shouldn't it be used a little on the rear views too?
Current Projects:

mav

Yeah, something's gonna awry with the palette. Find out where you can combine two or three shades and work on fixing the red for the boots and cape.

Bloodthirster0

well,Im at the color limit,with 3 shades of red,I use the lighter two on the shoulder pads,the two darkest on the chest,darkest and the black for the cape(I dont want a brighty and shine cape,but a dark red one) and the 3 shades for the boots.

Here small list on where each color is applied
3 Reds,3 Browns,2 Skins,3 Yellows and 3 Whites,1 Black

3 Browns for the Hair
2 Skins and Lightest Brown for Darkest tone of skin for the Skin
2 Lightest Reds for Shoulder Pads
3 Whites for Knee Pads
1 to 2 Whites for Boots Detail,mostly the darkest one
2 to 3 Reds for Chest
3 Yellows for the Gloves
2 Darkest Browns for Arm Detail
3 Whites for the Scarf
Lightest White for the Eye
Mid Brown for the Eye
Black for the eyebrows
2 Darkest Red and Black for the cape

Cheetah

One of those yellows can be shared with a brown shade, I had assumed you were already doing that because they look so similar. You might already have enough red shades and just need to use more of them for the rear view of the cape, it is just too flat and dark right now.
Current Projects:

mav

Right: share the darkest yellow with the mid brown shade and you'll be fine to incorporate one more red. Then use that new red and the darkest red to remove the grays on the boots.

Bloodthirster0

Lets If I got it,kill the darkest yellow and create mid-dark shade of red to get rid of the flatness of the cape,I find it weird since it is the cape from Pieke,but I'll work on it

Mav,the gray shades are supposed to be there,it is the boots design,red and gray/white,here a walking frame that will make you understand it

mav

I gotcha, but to me it just looks messy. Either add more shadows to grays or add more shadows to the reds. Also, Pieke's cape has four shades (including the outline color), whereas yours has three.

Kagebunji

there is definitly at least one more grey needed, I see those boots and all, but on miniature it doesn't looks all that nice.

Bloodthirster0

sorry for taking so long to update,I've been busy

but here the reworked Grims

Cheetah

Yeah I am so totally digging this now. I thought of doing this for my red mage design with using Zalbagg's cape. It works really well here. Great improvements.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Yes, now it looks great. Continue.

mav

Fantastic sprite. Those boots look wicked. The cape doesn't look as flat anymore: great job.

jimmyjw88

One thing, the front diagonal view's boot, his left is looking weird with that square white/gray blob.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Bloodthirster0

Thanks everybody for the support I really appreciate it,now for the long "spritesheeting" process,it should be done by this week(friday to friday),I would love to see an awesome portrait by Mav or Jimmy,both of you are great doing this

@Jimmy: Where exactly?

Kagebunji

Jimmy, his left, our right ;) I quess that is why Blood didn't knew. It is right above the boot, that bloob.

mav

His left, our right; just above the left boot. What's happening is that the leg is a complete square due to some improper shading (likely a forgotten pixel).