• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:41:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Kyousukeee's sprites ^^

Started by Kyousukeee, January 29, 2010, 01:49:02 pm

Kyousukeee

@Smash
I really liked what you did with the hair , it looks more like Alucard than what I have done ^^ The only thing I didn't like is the face , tho it's more accurate with the Alucard image ( and looks very sexy overall ) it looks thin compared to FFT style , the faces are more round/square in the chin . Even Cloud , who has a vey triangular and thin face in FFVII has a more rounded face in FFT .
I'll use the hair bangs and the idea of the orange highlights to finish the sprite since it's much better than what I did , see what I can do to change the chin so it won't be too thin or too Aliste and give proper credits when it's done . . . Here we go again shading the hair ugh >_>

The real reason why I don't want it to look exactly like Alucard is in parts of what I commented above , the characters should fit in  FFT style as much as possible and not the other way around and I think it's strange to use characters from other games in FFT , it gives me the feeling that they don't blend with the rest of FFT characters , except Cloud who has a [sarcasm]very detailed story of how and why he is in FFT and play an essential role in the game [/sarcasm].

But I think making sprites from characters from other games are really good and challenging , many other people will use it to play or use as base for their own sprites . Not to mention that finishing a sprite gives a good boost to the creator ego ^^  I'm considering the possibility of making more sprites when I'm done with Alucard and it's probably sopmething related to Lineage 2.

Sorry , no previews this time =(

Kyousukeee

It's been a while since the last time I posted so here it is :

Finally almost done , just need to fix the shades , mostly in the hair . . . . It's much better than before I guess =)

New portrait for the next sprite I'm planning to make , it's coming out nicely but I still haven't found the right colours .

mav

This portrait's looking pretty good, all it needs are a few color modifications and it'll be ready. Great work.

As for the new portrait you're working on, you could get the skin tone from the Squids or maybe Byblos/Apanda (I'd go with the latter). I like the idea though--very interesting...

Kagebunji

Be careful with this sprite Kyo, his armor looks very detailed, don't try to implement all that cause it will look crapy. This will be the first elf sprite if I am not mistaken.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Kyousukeee

@mav
Ummm nice idea I'll look at their portraits , thanks =)

@Kage~
I know it's vey detailed and it would be impossible to make it that accurate .
I'm still not sure which armor I'll pick , first I want to finish the face and hair in the portrait and see how many colours I'll have left and then work on the armor . The sprite sheet is easy since you don't need that many colours to do the details but in the portrait you need more colours for everything =/
I'm still going to choose the armor I'll do but it'll be one of these:
I like the third armor more but I believe there won't be enough space for details . . . well not sure until I try but my bet is that the first one will be easier to do than the others since there's less detailing and the colours are solid and plain compared to the other two . I'll try to do his wing aswell . . . I know it's possible and it'll be a major pain >.>
Btw this isn't an elf ^^ it's the kamael race from Lineage 2 .
I'm also going to do the human , dark elf and elf . I'll upload the images later .

Kagebunji

I would go with the first one, looks quite simple yet very elegant, kinda an aristocrat. But it is just my opinion, do as you like.

jimmyjw88

I prefer the second and third. Basically, you can do whichever you like, in my opinion. Just, lessen the details. Good luck.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kyousukeee

Added shades to the hair and changed a few parts .

Also did a pose from the Dark elf sprite , it's not very detailed and the shoulders aren't very good tho .

Kagebunji

This big photo isn't showing for me.

mav

The armor on the Dark elf looks good to me--it's the hair that's throwing me off.

Kagebunji

Nevermind, I can see the pic. The hair is flat and too bright, do sumthin with it. Armor is nice, boots too. but what is wrong with his legs (above boots)? Looks flat too, add some sades or something, right now I don't even know what that is.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kyousukeee

Hmm yeah the hair isn't good at all . . . I'll rework the hair , already got an idea of what to do .
@Kage~
I'll change the design and colours in the upper part of the boots . The purple part is his things and the dark blue is the crotch , the armor doesn't have any pants at all lol .
I'll put some pants on him ;P

I'm making some progress with the Kamael portrait , changed the skin tones to those used in Uribo , looks much better now =) But I still think the colours are saturated , is it just me ?
Started to do the clothes and I'll add better shades later when I figure out what I can do to reduce the colours used . Tricky collar . . .

and Alucard is finally done , I'll update the first post later with the spritesheet done ^^

jimmyjw88

The hair and face is good. The collar is good start. Hmm...

Kyousukeee

Finished Alucard portrait and updated the first post with unit.bin image , portrait and sheet in .bmp and .spr . I imported the file with Shishi and it seems to be working perfectly .
Now I can focus on my new projects =)

mav

Congratulations on completing the sprite. Make sure to submit it, if you haven't already.

MiKeMiTchi

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Smash

Wait!

The port still needs some small shading fixes on the back of the hair. I might get an edit coming up to show it, no credit needed and all.

Looking forward to your sprites. Just keep that ego at bay, I can assure you it won't do any good.   :P

Kyousukeee

Well it's been a while since the last time I posted and I haven't made much progress but I'm pretty much done with the kamael portrait and now I'm working with the sheet , so far I did one pose but it's still in progress and I'll probably change it - making two different shoulder has been hell =p .
The portrait had too many colours and I couldn't make it the same with 16 colours =/ ( left is xx colours version and right is 16 colours + some changes )

Cheetah

Having the skin tone and the hair color the same is really taking away from this portrait. Since those are the most important things I would recommend taking colors away from other places to prioritize them. For instance the lightest shade you use for the hair could also be used for the white of the eye. Perhaps make is cloths less red so that they could share more tones with the skin or hair.
Current Projects: