• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 09:59:48 pm

total n00b is lost

Started by mekk_pilot, July 16, 2012, 04:11:20 pm

mekk_pilot

There's a lot of info on this site, but I can't seem to find a FAQ on how to actually get started hacking FFT.

I both the PSP and PSX version, is one easier to work with than the other?  I'd like to eventually do some pretty hardcore warping of the game.

For instance, I want to make it so battles and events flow one after the other (no world map) and Agrias is the main char.   Those are just a couple fo the things I'd like to do, if they are possible.

So, is there an utter beginner FAQ somewhere that I'm missing?

3lric

July 16, 2012, 04:48:01 pm #1 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:01:38 pm by Elric
Quote from: mekk_pilot on July 16, 2012, 04:11:20 pm
There's a lot of info on this site, but I can't seem to find a FAQ on how to actually get started hacking FFT.

I both the PSP and PSX version, is one easier to work with than the other?  I'd like to eventually do some pretty hardcore warping of the game.

For instance, I want to make it so battles and events flow one after the other (no world map) and Agrias is the main char.   Those are just a couple fo the things I'd like to do, if they are possible.

So, is there an utter beginner FAQ somewhere that I'm missing?

The PSX is "better" in terms of what you can do, we can only do a very small amount on the PSP version compared to what we can do in the PSX version.
What you are going to need to learn for what you want to do, is Attack.out and the Attack.out GUI. If you want to learn how to make events, I have a tutorial in the tutorials section.
(it's not finished, but the basics are)

Also you might check out CoP, since that is a mod that also doesn't have a worldmap and just has events one after another.

Here are some links that may help you out.

FFTPatcher .482                        Shishi for making Agrias the main char (in battle) FFTPatcher for editing ENTD's
Formation Sprite Tutorial             Celdia's tutorial for importing custom Formation sprites
Attack.out GUI                          For linking battles and setting up the formation settings and music/map
Attack.out Tutorial                     For downloading attack.out conditions sheet, and tutorial on how to use it.
EasyVent                                  For making Custom events
Event Editing 101                       My unfinished Event Editing Tutorial
Kokojo's Event Editing Tutorial      For Basic event setup

What you are trying to do isn't really an easy job, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, as well as join us on IRC.
I had the same sort of questions are you when i first joined, and I personally just raped the help section.
But once i joined IRC work started to go much faster since I didn't have to wait nearly as long for an answer.

• Modding version: PSX