• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 09:55:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Twinees

Update to hair ^^^

Still needs some improvements Jon, I'd personally like to see some different gloves on him (rather than cloud's).
You might want to remove that bottom bit of the shoulder pad you added, i know the effect you were trying to get, but it doesnt look right. If you have colours left, put another white colour in his eye, and maybe a brighter blue for his eye too.
(and lol his belt and straps look like a smiley face XD)
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Oops, I changed the 2 grayish colors to only 1, thats why the shoulder pad looks messed up. It did look really good before, because it shined very metal like. Impressive updated hair! Okay, for the gloves I could work on the one that is closer to us, but I thought it looked fine at 100% size. How do I fix the belt / strap smiley face? I see what you are talking about, it looks like some Mario character on his chest, the Bomb-omb comes to mind. I think I could make it look less smiley face by thickening the belt near the middle. I will fix the shoulder armor and give him the light blue eyes and darker white in the eye. That is 16 colors.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Cheetah

Haha he looks like he has a mohawk, though it was a good looking mohawk. Now it looks like a mohawk he gave himself without a mirror. Keep working on it though and you will get there. I like the palette.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Jon I checked out that Link Sprite frame by frame. It's a high quality sprite. Great job on that! (Shadow on eye turns from grey to dark peach on the casting frame; that's the only thing but that's really nothing) That ocarina is cool!
Although that HKCelia is full of errors- I know it's because the HKLede; which has the same errors.

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Lijj"Jon I checked out that Link Sprite frame by frame. It's a high quality sprite. Great job on that! (Shadow on eye turns from grey to dark peach on the casting frame; that's the only thing but that's really nothing) That ocarina is cool!
Although that HKCelia is full of errors- I know it's because the HKLede; which has the same errors.
You're talking about the singing frames right? i thought it was just me

Jon

Yep, I spent only about 5 minutes working on Celia's portrait, and 2 seconds on the color change, and then thats about it. All the work was already done, I thought that it was perfect because I assumed that GS posted it at 100%. If you change Lede later on GS, I will change Celia based on it ;)

GeneralStrife

Casting frame is messed up, i let her replace agrias in my games so i never saw the casting  until liji mentioned it :/

Jon

I can take a look at it and probably fix it. Just the casting frames? Did you test HK Lede in Shishi before releasing her? If not, always always do that dude. Its not a problem, but I guess now it needs to be corrected if its pretty messed up. Still, I wouldn't have made Celia if not for your Lede, so I thank you for that :mrgreen:

Jon

Bartz work in progress:

Kill_Bones

Hey Jon, whatever happened to that airship idea you had? Good luck with bartz, he needs redemption after dissidia :wink: and he is already looking very good.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Jon

Actually, I am not working too hard on Bartz, more on Zack and Castlevania characters (custom, not existing). I made a better title screen for my patch, which I am slowly starting to work on once again. My main character will be a guy with the Cloud head, brown hair, and not too sure about the body, still working on some ideas. Here is the title screen I made in Photoshop.
[attachment=0:1y4tw829]Castlevania Title.png[/attachment:1y4tw829]

Kill_Bones

It looks good!  Although, is there enough room to fit the menu options below the title? From the looks of it, it might need to be raised a bit.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Jon

Making the Castlevania patch is really hard. Should I post it under the New Patches once I have a few story chapters done?

@Kill_Bones: I always test stuff like this before I post, so no worries, its fine. I think getting a working airship in FFT will not work, would need some serious coding which I cannot do. So just forget it, the airship flew away...

Edit: I read the Event Conditionals posted by Cheetah, a massive 1st page post which is amazing! I think I might have to teach myself hex, because right now I have absolutely no idea what you're all talking about. It seems to me that you can not only change battle maps, event text, but also conditions for battles. I can't wait for Zodiac's Event Editor :D

Jon

Possible Blue Mage, just a simple hat swap:
[attachment=0:31ekmt91]blue mage idea.png[/attachment:31ekmt91]

Edit: I am working as well on Zack, I have a few more poses with shoulder pads, but this is going to get rough once I start the arms. I was also thinking of making a sprite for my current portrait, a male Assassin sprite. Would most likely be a Dark Knight with a cover over the mouth, just like the portrait. I don't think many people would like that though...

Jon

Because Voldemort asked, here are some screen shots of a game I was making. I ripped everything from FFTA. The Dragoon is a custom I made a while ago.

[attachment=7:33nmjtos]scrnshot1.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=6:33nmjtos]scrnshot2.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=5:33nmjtos]scrnshot3.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=4:33nmjtos]scrnshot4.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=3:33nmjtos]scrnshot5.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=2:33nmjtos]scrnshot6.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=1:33nmjtos]scrnshot7.png[/attachment:33nmjtos][attachment=0:33nmjtos]Final Fantasy Dragoon.rar[/attachment:33nmjtos]

This last attachment is the game. In order to run it, simply double click Final Fantasy Dragoon (the icon that looks like a computer monitor). I ask that you do not mess around with my code please, you could mess something up and then the game won't play. I could easily turn this into a chat room by adding the 2 line code of "Say" and another 2 line code of "WSay". Hell, this could replace Chat altogether, and its more fun because you can walk around.
Edit: I forgot one thing. If you do download this, you may have to set the macros for movement. Whilst the game is running, go to File > Options and Messages (or simply F1) and then go to Client > Macros... and set the following with New Macro: Alt+Rep+A and the command should be .northwest. Don't forget the ".", do this for the other directions . southwest, . northeast and .southeast, and set the keys to whatever makes you happy.

Lijj

Neat Jon. I like that Blue mage.. for how simple it is it's worth completing for sure.
I'll have tpo play around with your little program later when i have some time...

Jon

Thanks! I was wondering if the Blue Mage was too simple. I think I might come out with some other ideas first, and not to mention there is still Zack to be done. Are those Archers in your avatar drawn by you? As for the program, if you have problems just ask, I'll try to help, but I think its more or less straight forward.

Kagebunji

Those Archers on your avi are looking great, Lijj, you should complete them, we need new Archers for Mercenaries, hehe. Your Blue Mage idea is a great starting point, Jon, I have many ideas how to change it, hehe. I will try it during weekend
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Wow, already 6 downloads of my program! Not bad after just 1 day. If anyone gots a problem, lemme know! I should ask Zodiac if we could make this into a chat room where everyone can make a character to walk around as.