• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 02, 2024, 04:16:41 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Jon

It took a very long time to get where I am now with Titan, but something overall doesn't quite seem right. I think the body is perfect, but the hair is wrong or something. Any tips / advice would be much appreciated :mrgreen: Here it is:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Asmo X

The head is way too small. His eyebrow meets his sideburns. I'm also not sure about the musculature to the left below his head. It sort of looks like his head is turning to his right but the angle of his neck says otherwise. You might want to use a reference for that

Jon

Ah, I see your point with the neck, the neck is wrong and so is some of the shading. Oh, man, how could I be so silly?! His eyes are below his ears, not to mention the side burns. Actually he looks like some weird monster you'd see in those old black and white films xD I based this off of Elidibs obviously and Hawkeye from Fire Emblem for the right arm. Okay, so I'll fix Titan and Shiva's hair and post soon. Thanks for the crit!

Jon

New Shiva with 2 mouth variations and I have now a (hopefully) permanent portrait for myself, its my current avatar:
Edit: Screw it, Lijj's portrait of the DK which I edited to look like me is better.

Kagebunji

Shit, saturation is blowin my eyes. It may be from existing portrait, but it is still way too saturated. Give her light-blue skin and Blue hair, it will make her look more normal
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Your eyes are really hurting from looking at Shiva? For real? I can stare at her all day and my eyes feel normal. I think the blue skin is fine tbh, but I should still change the hair? And which mouth is better, purple or blue?

Kagebunji

Obviously not for real, I wouldn't be able to sprite if my eyes would hurt from watching at such things. You think blue is fine, I say you it isn't, insert it into FFT and you will see how it will look. Change the hair into blue, preferably Rofel or other similiar to him.

Jon

Rofel's blues makes sense. The ones right now are directly taken from the Ice Dragon, so technically they would look the same as the dragon in game. I only used them because Shiva is a living piece of ice (so is the dragon) and I like them >_> but I will definitely try out Rofel and post it soon :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

It doesn't look nice on human skin (Ice dragon), proof is one page back. Give her icy skin color, an Rofel's blue.

Jon

[attachment=0:3k0f1k5i]Shiva (Rofel Blues).png[/attachment:3k0f1k5i][attachment=1:3k0f1k5i]Bartz.png[/attachment:3k0f1k5i]
I am rather pleased with Bartz. I wish I coulda made his boots green, but this is 16 colors. Crits on him please, even though its just 1 pose. Also, any ideas for Shiva's hair? Dark blue perhaps??

Kagebunji

Bleh, the hair doesn't fits Bartz, it is kinda big, Bartz's hair is more like Wiegraf, or Izlude. His right leg looks flat, you have only one red for the outline? Looks rather weird. The arm looks weird too, armguard is fine, but that white...cloth(?) seems sorta big and flat when compared to armguard. Chest seems good on normal size, so I won't point anything out about it.

As to Shiva, blues are great now. Though I still am certain you should use Rofel's blue for hair, and some light boue for skin(it can be even Juravis's white)

Jon

So I should change the hair to the current skin color and find even lighter blues for the skin? Okay, I'll try. Yeah, the right leg does look flat, which means its flat on Link too. Oh well, at 100% its not so bad. Yeah, also on the left arm, what was I thinking? How didn't I see that? On Link it looks okay, but here its just to fat. Looks like he has giant forearm muscles. You see those 2 white pixels on the left arm (all the way on the right side)? If those were black and then the shirt was extended I think that would be best. Bartz does have big hair though, not like Wiegraf or Izlude, more like Cloud, doesn't he? I could be wrong, but I thought he had typical "Chocobo hair". I just wish he had enough palette room for greens for the boots.

Zozma

the hair is fine if you consider the original sprite
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Lijj

lol at Kage's way of saying the colors are too bright; it is an intense color combo.. I agree but I'd like to see a less fuschia colored hair,  I think a soft violet color would be nice. Bartz hair looks very good I think. The white is probablt to bright or something looks odd on his upper left leg.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

Jon are you also planning on doing Biggs and wedge?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

I was more comparing him to Dissidia's Bartz, there his hair is smaller. Well you can keep it if you want, though I would change it. This hair was done to be a long one, look at my sprite and port:
download/file.php?id=6994
download/file.php?id=6881

Jon

Yeah, I see what you mean, but Zozma posted the original Bartz which I was using as a reference as well. The pic you posted does look more modern, but Bartz has almost a womans face. And those ear rings aren't convincing me either...

GeneralStrife

dissidia made him look pretty gay :/

Kagebunji

Bleh, his FFV design is too lame, seems kinda boring to me. White pants, blue shirt, armguard, done.

Jon

Hi guythhh, my name is Barthhh. I am like thhhhoooo happening. I am gonna casthhht Icethhhh on your ahhtthhh. (<- Gay lisp)

Edit: @Kage: Dude, don't make fun of the original Bartz! You see that one pose Z posted? That is just the Freelancer (Bare Job) clothes, Bartz's special ability isn't gravity-defying hair like Cloud, its that he is similar to Ramza and can literally be anything. There were like 16 or more different Bartz's in FF5, play the game if you haven't already!