• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

Update on Blue Mage. I have forward walking frames done, currently I'm workin on back ones.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

The hat's a little strange looking, but decent job so far. I've never liked the Summoner's cloak, but you've done a nice enough job with it. I dunno though, I still feel like this sprite is a little bland.

Cheetah

The gold hood is sweet looking, and I like how it adds variety. I wish that you could turn it into a mantel or something though. That would make the sprite more original. The actually body of the sprite looks out of place as well. The thief hat base works well, but it makes him just look like a summoner with a thief hat on. Maybe you could change the hat up some too based on previous attempts.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Yeah I like the hood's color contrasting too, maybe change the body inside the cloak, I've seen like 2 other Blue Mage attempts floating around, wtf happened to them?

Lijj

Yeah good choice of reddish on the collar, for the contrast.

Just thought I'd post one sprite frame I made that is kind of similar; same base:

Declined by the notorious R999 (proposed as Tiamat).. Yet I never dropped it, plan on making this for generic summoner someday
It's another one requiring heavy arm editing though :x
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

Very cool looking. Could you show a 100% view and I would like to see more frames.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Thank you, and here: the Cat man.
This is all I have.. I had to edit the palette; I was way over the color limit :oops:
Edit:

mav

That is pretty dang impressive, Lijj. I like the two tone cape a lot. The tiara thing is quite interesting too. Why the hell wasn't this sprite approved? I guess he had a very specific vision for what he wanted.

Kage, any updates on your sprite?

Jon

I like it as well a lot. Just one thing: how in the world is this supposed to pass for Tiamat? Dude, that looks like a human king or something, not a four headed dragon. Still, this looks really cool, yeah finish it if you can :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zozma

no it was the host body for tiamat right? lol but i like it too
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Sorta like the Bahamut king in FF4? My bad...

Twinees

Quote from: "mav"Why the hell wasn't this sprite approved? I guess he had a very specific vision for what he wanted.
His way or no way, well thats what i think of it.

Its got good potential for sure, might take a while to finish, however if the shape is the same as the male summoner it should make the task a lot less difficult.

Keep working on the Blue Mage Kage :)

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Jon"Just one thing: how in the world is this supposed to pass for Tiamat?:
This is a host, not the tiamat itself.

I have school to worry about now, but I will try to get it done somewhere during weekend. The port might be a problem though, I won't make it so fast. Could anyone try hand at portrait?

Lijj

Here's a little something.. eyebrow needs to be tweaked. Well I'll edit tomorrow based on crits.
That dot is supposed to be a little peice of the hair but needs to be adjusted... We'll see what happens extra pairs of eyes always help.

mav

Hot damn, that's pretty cool. The left part of the collar (our left) looks misshapen and doesn't look like it's aligning with the right side. The hat could use some shading around the feather thing. And yes, fix that eyebrow.

Lijj

Wow that collar needs some adjustments too.. lopsided maybe. Thanks for the quick assist Mav. Hey actually, if your up to it; let's collaborate. I f you fix it that'd be fine. If not I'll try to fix tomorrow

mav

A collaboration between us, eh? Sure, why the hell not? Take a look see:
[attachment=0:1yklc1gv]newbluemage.png[/attachment:1yklc1gv]

Twinees

nice collab guys, the hair inbetween his eye and ear needs to be improved, the shading looks very weird i think. Make the yellow on the collar the prevailing colour of the collar, i think this will lighten it up, and then u can use the second yellow colour to give the collar some shape, with the whole thing like this it will probably reduce the banding that is appearing atm. Are u using all the blue colours on the hat for the shoulders atm? it hops from dark to light quite suddenly and irregularly. and finally the base of the neck looks odd, mainly his right handside, possibly too dark. Go, go, go guys :) this will most definitely look good with both of you guys working on it.

Jon

Lol for real at Lijj's eyebrows. That looks hilarious. I'm so sorry, but it does. All I can say is say what Twinees said, plus the feather should be wider. I like how this portrait is forming. White Mage or Summoner it is under there as a base, right? Very good choice.

Kagebunji

Hey this looks very cool! I like it already. The sprite is coming nicely, I am working with arms now, that are kinda the pain. I doubt I will get it done this weekend, but there is no rush for it, heh. Thanks guys for help on portrait!