• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 02:49:58 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

mav

Sure thing boss. Before I get started though, I should point out that the greaves on his arms and the boots share a lot of colors with the hair. This isn't a bad thing, it just limits the palette a little bit. Basically, without changing the hair, I can change the shirt and pant colors. So with that in mind, what color shirt and pants would work? ...but based on the portrait, he needs a white/beige shirt. So pant colors, give em to me.

If you want some ideas of what I did with the male Archers, check these out:

Jon

When you look at the male Archer's back pose, that indent in his hair looks like he has been chopped in the head with an axe. I like the 1st and 7th palette you got there. The 8th one is also really cool. Now its up to Kage to decide...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

Damn it is a hard choice, he is supposed to be a hunter, so some green is need alright. I thought of something like "moro", the uniform army is wearing, it is a mix between greens. I think 8th fits most of all, a mix of green and black. Yeah I know arm, legs and hair share some colors, but I left armor and pants intact, so probably only those two things will get changed.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Yeah, the 8th is good, but the shirt could maybe look more like the 1st one, but thats Kage's call. I like the black in the 1st, hell I like black as a clothing color, I'm no goth or emo, but I find black is pretty much all I wear lol. >_>

Zozma

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"omfsa those jap portraits are awesome....if they had a sprite to go along.................*creams*

ritz and frimelda have the best portraits here... its such a waste that ritz hasnt been worked on
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Kagebunji

So, any progress, Mav? You seem quiet lately

mav

Yeah, I'm busy with school and work these days. I'll get to this tomorrow or Saturday for sure. So a green shirt's definitely what you want? That can be done. I'll see if I can work with the portrait palette as well. Sorry for the lack of updates, man.

Lijj

Oh no you're busy too mav.. I was hoping you could do that Knight's last palette.. but only do it if it's fun/casual and/or not in the way of other duties.
  • Modding version: PSX

mav

I have the weekends off from everything, so if you can wait till then, then I can get it done. I'm not that busy, with the palettes finally completed for FFT: Arena.

Kagebunji

No prob, I still must wait till LD get back and give him a suitable name, heh. Yeah, green armor is a must, since it gives it a look of Hunter of sorts. And I saw those palettes in FFT Arena, they are awesome, I even thought of replacing normal FFT palettes with those :P

Kagebunji

Ok, Mav did amazing palette for him, now I wait for LD to come back. On a side note, the sprite gained two whites, wich were used for eyes.

Jon

Kagebunji

Nope, once LD gets back, I will submit whole sheet. For now we hafta wait till LD returns.

Jon

mav

Cause LD gets the final word on the sprite? I dunno. I'm also not sure how the sprite gained two whites. Hah, I guess that worked out then.

Jon

Ah Mav, speaking of palettes, could you please do some colors for Link? I forgot about him...only if you are not busy though ;)

Kagebunji

I won't submit it without the name, and since this sprite is for Merc. I need to wait for L to come back and name it. The sprite gained two whites because you made the pants white, Mav, hehe.

Kagebunji

Well Eternal helped me with the name, so he is ready for use. I fixed the issues on port, Mav, I know why it got messed up, it used colors from sprite, not portrait, it was easy fix.

here is the link
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=405&start=240

Jon

Bartz hair! Once I am done with Zack (100%, I now do only 1 thing at a time) I will use this hair (change its color) and make Bartz. Credit will be given to you of course Kage for the hair.

Kagebunji

Feel free to use it. Though I recommend you make proper changes to it, so it will look shorter.