• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Total Request ASM: All armor replaced by shoes

Started by pokeytax, January 02, 2011, 10:16:01 am

pokeytax

what is a "duplicate" help I don't understand

You'll be able to turn off all the supports and movements (eventually). The unit will still have the ability active, so any ALMA attribute or new support coding will work fine, but the original effect will be disabled.

Interestingly, some stuff can be rehomed to other miscellaneous stuff (the conditions in the Skillset tab of ALMA, notably statuses) so I will try to permit that as possible, subject to arcane byte restrictions:

Attaching Move-HP Up to Regen status instead of ability 1ED is easy.

Attaching Move-MP Up to Faith status works, but you have to disable Move-Exp Up and Move-JP Up (or attach them to trash like Death Sentence and Innocent, woo).
Attaching Move+1 and Jump+1 to Float status should work, but you'll have to scrap all the other Moves and Jumps.

A lot of Supports should work well, they are often checked on their own bytes.

I'll make it as clear as possible in the final product.
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

Thanks for being so diligent about this, pokeytax.

You too, RavenofRazgriz.

Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on March 10, 2011, 05:42:56 pmAnd how do the sprites for enemies that have Cannot Enter Water innate behave in water when you remove it?

I think they behave normally, but I forget if I ever got around to testing it like I intended to before I took that massive break. I can't think of any good reason why they would react differently, though.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

March 14, 2011, 03:52:10 am #142 Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:00:16 am by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: pokeytax on March 05, 2011, 06:48:02 pm
Does anybody actually want Speed growth? Judging by every patch having it set to 255, I should just hack a way to turn this off.

Yes, I do.  In fact, in my patch, speed growths were almost unchanged from Vanilla.  I balanced damage instead.  That being said, however, I'm sure most people would want that no SPD growth hack.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

pokeytax

WORLD.BIN
0x44b28
4B000234

0x44b38
DA010234

0x44b60
4E000234

0x44b70
D8010234

0x44b98

0x44ba8
D9010234

0x44bd0

0x44be0
DD010234

You have to use this with the code on the wiki (http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Inherent_Support_Abilities_Limitations). I will clean it up when I have time.

pokeytax

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on March 16, 2011, 12:38:04 am
I can use this same information to make different classes unable to equip certain Supports, yes?

Yeah, you only get four spots but you can use them for whatever you want - no Monks with Two Swords or whatever.

Zozma

Has anyone made an asm that makes it so if a skill has multiple elements, and when used on something that is immune to only one of them, that it doesnt completely miss, but instead takes the damage from the element that it is not immune to?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

RandMuadDib

You might want to ask FDC over in the BATTLE.BIN mapping thread, see how he's handling multiple elements in his formula hack.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

RavenOfRazgriz

^ No plans for multiple elements have been made yet because they require seeing how many free bytes to manipulate are left over.  I'm pretty sure he's interested in it, so if there's room there will likely be an optional feature that changes how the game handles multiple elements. I just don't know if there's room because we've been focusing on features that don't take free bytes and don't forcibly change vanilla mechanics (eg, like how the game handles elements), leaving anything that does as optional features for the end.  Right now though, the only stuff planned for are things like "fixed" versions of the FloatvWind and BlindvDark hacks along with few others if memory serves.

Zozma

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: Zozma on March 20, 2011, 09:35:38 pm
Has anyone made an asm that makes it so if a skill has multiple elements, and when used on something that is immune to only one of them, that it doesnt completely miss, but instead takes the damage from the element that it is not immune to?

I'm currently doing it so null one element = null all, because that's the one in FFT and is mathematically the simplest.  Your suggestion is less realistic (since a unit's null has no effect on a dual element spell), but it's still relatively simple to code.
If you want to go for realism, you'd probably have to do what I tried using in my tabletop RPG: assuming your ability evenly split the damage between 2+ elements, multi-elemental meant division of damage by the number of elements (so fire/water spell has 1/2 damage be water and 1/2 damage be fire), and then apply null/weak/halve/boost to each portion of the damage...the resulting calculations, although doable, was very nasty.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RandMuadDib

what you did in your tabletop makes the  most sense to me, if a designer allows multiple elements. like you said though, calculations are nasty, and must be more than difficult to code.

Zozma

oh, i see how that could be a pain in the butt. i agree its not worth it. i suppose it has been considered before.
btw does a multi element spell calculate damage properly anyway? if you have a unit weak to wind and fire, and get hit with a spell thats both elements

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RandMuadDib

yeah as i understand it, bonus damage is added if the target is weak to at least one of the elements of the ability.

The Damned

You're not the person who made the hack, but given that Razele isn't around, I might as well take Eternal's advice and ask you to see if you know: When it comes to the "broken and stolen equipment can be bought back at Fur Shops" hack he made, do you know if this applies to Guests?

Because I would very much like not to have to give some Guests Maintenance just to prevent exploits, though I will if I have to.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

pokeytax

If you check the last page of Razele's thread, that is not the only major issue with that hack - I don't think it's presently usable.

pokeytax

March 28, 2011, 07:21:38 pm #158 Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 07:31:28 pm by pokeytax
Anybody know anything about "squad capacity"? The number that is four while you're saddled with guests and then finally goes up to five. (EDIT: ah, the wiki says ATTACK.OUT)

Zozma

i have one..
there are blank AI flags in patcher right?
well... is there a way to make one of those blanks override priority so that ai sees it equally as important to use as say inflicting "death" status?

i ask because this could make ai want to use things more often such as zalbags destroy sword skills if its checked for them...