• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 28, 2024, 10:33:00 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Jon's Sprites

Started by Jon, December 09, 2009, 05:15:18 am

Ran Master

You mind if I try and take a shot at your shiva's portrait??

Kagebunji

I played FFV, tell me who didn't already.

Hmmm
Quote from: "Jon"Bartz does have big hair though, not like Wiegraf or Izlude, more like Cloud, doesn't he?
Quote from: "Jon"Bartz's special ability isn't gravity-defying hair like Cloud

I saw something similiar already...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

@Ran: Sure, go right ahead! :P
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Kagebunji

I don't, I just like to see when one person defies his own opinion. Yeshhhh that is soo much fun...

Jon

*Sigh*
Those were out of context, but yeah, I do go against my own spoken/written words sometimes, who doesn't? Plus, if I didn't, then you could never post quotes from me, which are all legendary...:P
(Joking)

Edit: Notice that also Bartz from Dissidia is wearing a carpet on his back, and his sword is totally red. How many people died to change the color to red?! Badass!

Ran Master

I used your image as a base to start off, and changed the pallet.
This is a WIP, I just can't get the shading on the neck right...
Feel free to step in and finish it anyone, I'm at a block with the neck pixels.

Jon

Very nice! Yup, neck needs a bit of work, but you did an excellent job with the hair and colors! Amazing :mrgreen:

Edit: Zack concept, he still needs another shoulder pad.
[attachment=1:3og2ncfs]Zack Fair1.png[/attachment:3og2ncfs]
[attachment=0:3og2ncfs]Zack Fair2.png[/attachment:3og2ncfs]

Jon

I changed the purples to a bit darker and the belt and straps. This looks better, gonna use this one. Still needs another shoulder pad, hehe. In a way it looks still like Cloud, but the colors make it look like a new thing entirely. I think this Zack is better than the one you can get on downloads.
[attachment=0:3rpa0tgs]new Zack.png[/attachment:3rpa0tgs]

Kagebunji

Colors are correct/wrong depending on wich class you want him to be, 1st class has black pants, 2nd class has purple. You aren't going to change hair? Cause this one isn't working one bit, in case you don't know heh. And his shoulder pad should be black, not silver, it always made me mad when I saw that silver shoulder pad on main.

mav

Pant color is bad. You need to use different shades of purple.

Ran Master, great job on that portrait. Look at the female Monk's neck to get an idea of how to fix it.

Zozma

just don't try to mimic zack's other sprite hair because it was done half ass
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Hold on, his pants are the exact same as Cloud's, with Count Draclau purples. What exactly am I doing wrong? I want him as First Class, so his pants should use the same shades of black as his hair? Then there will be like 3 spare colors. Or not, depending if I leave the straps purple over his shirt. You guys are confusing me. Plus the shoulder pad should be black as well, then he is practically all black. Wasn't Zack at all purple? As for the hair, I should probably ask for help, if anyone is willing to make just some hair (just 2nd and 4th frame, the other 3 no one cares about anyways...) I would really be thankful, hair and shading in general are not my strong points. Thanks for the tips, but they are confusing me. Plus Z adds the "don't mimic the other Zack's hair" (which I agree, I didn't even use that one for reference, lol), but what is wrong with Zack's hair here? Its the same as Cloud's, aren't they in FF Crisis Core the exact same, one has blond hair, the other black but same style? Please guys be more specific...

Kagebunji

More specific? Sure:
1st class soldier is all black, no purple was present on Zack when he was 1st class, only small amounts of brown.
Hair is not working, Zack and Cloud have different hairstyles. Zack has two hairstyles, one when he is young, and one when he is older(older one is present at main).

Jon

Alright, I didn't change the hair shape yet, just shading that was weird, and here is a black version, is this better?

Kagebunji

More accurate for 1st class. Kinda boring, but this can't be helped, but you could give some brown(if you have any) for those stripes on his chest and for boots, itt would make him even more accurate + less boring. And the hair ofcourse.

Jon

2 colors left, they will be brown :mrgreen:

Twinees

Happy Birthday Jon :)

If you want you can use this hair i just made (hair is the 'young' version Kage mentioned), (1st on left is dodgy original Zack Hair, 2nd is new Black hair but may be too dark, 3rd is new hair but palette from first)
You can do whatever you want with the palettes, try using your existing palette for the hair on the new one. (Note: do not use the brown palette from this, it is horrible. Trying using the pants palette (possibly) for your Zack.)

Are you using reference images? this one should really help.
Has same gloves on both hands (Black), has Black shoulder pads (but slight shine), Brown belt and straps, Blue eyes, Black Hair, Blacky/Bluey clothes.
These colours shouldnt take up too much of your palette (3 Skin colours, 4 Hair Colours, 1 Blue eye colour [Share with Hair colour or clothes colour], 3 Brown colours, 4 Blacky/Bluey Clothes Colours, 1 White eye colour [For the darker eye colour borrow another shade from hair or clothes] and 1 Transparent Black colour).

EDIT: On your existing Zack, the hands and pants are merging together, thats probably why its important you separate their palettes like how i suggested in this post.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Happy birthday as well.

That pic is a great reference indeed, though I believe this is 2nd class. And the hair you did looks amazing, Twinees!

Jon

Thank you very much Twinees! I have a pic like this but its pulled back and shows all the FF CC characters, and its a jpeg pixel mess. I will use your hair, because this looks great! I like the 2nd frame the best, the coloring on the 3rd frames hair looks a bit too silver. Actually, 2nd class or 1st doesn't really matter, I think 2nd is a better choice because I have more colors to work with. Thanks again, this hair is amazing :mrgreen:

Jon

I used Twinees hair exactly, but used my own colors. I didn't realize, but now I am only working with 14 colors (that includes the bg). Any idea what I should use the other 2 colors on? Twinees hair looks really perfect :D