• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Sidequest Ideas (31/40)

Started by LastingDawn, July 11, 2009, 05:10:46 pm

LastingDawn

July 21, 2009, 01:03:54 pm #100 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Quote from: "beawulfx"One more tonight;

Quest: Gafgarion's Gaffe
Chapter 1-3?
Activition: Entering Gariland

The party walks to Gariland and the scene shows Ramza and Rad at the bar. Ramza is of course drinking his trademark milk, and Rad, clearly intoxicated, is arguing with another bar patron over whose Mercenary group is superior [or whatever, I couldn't think of anything good to have them talking about... any ideas from anyone appreciated]. After the discussion he walks over to Ramza and asks him where Gafgarion has gotten to. Ramza replies that he saw him chatting with three females before they all headed out of the bar smiling.

Rad laughs and exclaims that Gafgarion is in for a fun night. Ramza replies 'if that's your idea of fun...'. Rad asks if Ramza will ever loosen up [in a joking friendly way]. The pair then decide to call it a night and head outside [cutting to the location of the first battle in Vanilla at Gariland]. As they walk through the city a Frog bounds in from the corner and shouts for help. Rad and Ramza stop in their tracks and Rad laughs, claiming he must have had too much to drink because he swore that Frog just spoke. Ramza assures him that it's not the alcohol and then the Frog yells 'Rad! Ramza! Help me you buffoons! It's ME!'.

At this moment three seductive women appear from behind the Frog. #1 yells 'Where did he go?!' #2 shouts 'There he is!' and the third, realizing he has found his friends assures her mates that they will have more boys to play with than they thought.

The battle then ensues. The Seductive women should be able to cause a lot of statuses and be primarily magic based IMO. Rad and Ramza will have to fight alongside the Frogged Gafgarion in order to save him from the Sirens.

Enemy Units
3x Siren [Maybe the 'Lust' sprite and the two assassins for the females? Something that should be 'seductive']

After the battle the Sirens are injured and ask Rad/Ramza to spare them in exchange for a reward and of course, changing their ally back to his human form. Rad wants to finish them off but Gafgarion jumps in to stop him yelling about he would prefer not to spend his life crawling through the mud. Rad apologizes and Ramza accepts their proposal. They change Gafgarion back and they hand the party their reward [not sure what fits really, I need to get better acquainted with the equipment options!] before they rush off to terrorize the next gullible man they can seduce.

Rad chides Gafgarion on his affinity and weakness to beautiful women and how he always told Gafgarion it would get him in trouble. Ramza laughs along with Rad and Gafgarion is humbled/embarrassed and can't muster up much of a reply. The group decide to put the event behind them and let Gafgarion live this one down.

Sounds joyful enough, it's also a nice deviation,  not to say a lot of these are serious, but these fun little sidequests allows a mood of peace and playfulness, rather then plot heavy dealings.

Though Boomkick... that one you asked for... well it doesn't quite make any sense to me, it's as odd as finding God in God Canyon, it's relatively pointless, it would appear.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

boomkick

July 21, 2009, 06:22:48 pm #101 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Lol i was drunk when did that, sorry :).

mav

July 22, 2009, 02:17:13 pm #102 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Looking back at the tournament sidequest, I'm thinking the ninth battle (i.e. the one before Siegfried) should also be a solo battle. That way the player will be given a little more leeway before the final fight, so he can cure his team, regroup, etc. Do you guys have any suggestions for who should fill that bracket? And on top of that, there are still three spots open and a whole bunch of undecided rewards. They don't have to be special fights either, one round could be something simple: a Cantor, a Blue Mage, a Knight, and a Traveler, or something--no special names, no throwbacks, just a regular fight against regular characters who happen to be in the tournament. Or we could have another throwback, I don't really mind; let's just nip this thing in the butt, folks.

Kagebunji

July 22, 2009, 03:41:46 pm #103 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
9th battle: Tantalus( I thought with Ruby as healer), very strong. Reward: Tantalus can teach you about thievery, and Ramza with Rad learn some skill from "traveler" (couldn't think of better job, cause thief is no longer avaible)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

July 22, 2009, 04:40:25 pm #104 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
Excellent! Though, I'm gonna make them the sixth battle and move the COP guys to the fourth battle. If it's possible to give skills as a reward, then that'll do, but it might have to be an item or Treasure of some kind...or money, which is fine too.

Many thanks, Kage.

Kagebunji

July 22, 2009, 06:30:28 pm #105 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Here it goes(it's bit late(in my country) so there may be few mistakes)

This time we gonna get ya!

Chapter 3

Trigering event- Ramza with Rad an Gaff are staying in the inn while a paper plane arives through window. Rad read it and says that Tantalus want to chalenge them again in Araguay woods. Next morning in meeting place, Ramza and the rest can't see members of Tantalus, suddenly a black ball is thrown at them and their eyes are blinded (status blind). 6 members of Tantalus apears and sorrounds them, some dialoques and battle begin.

Ramza an co. start with blind. Enemy party should be around level 40
1.Baku (high ATK, HP, very low defense, again he is slowest)
2.Zidane(medicore stats, except speed)
3.Blank(High attack and medicore speed, HP, rest is low)
4.Marcus(medicore stats, except defense)
5.Cinna(low stats, only maagic stats are great)
6.Ruby( low stats, except MP, magical power, and very high faith, if possible she should be a healer)

After defeat Baku say this isn't their last meet(last one will be at tournament) and their lose because they were tired, then leader of Tant. gives them big amount of gil and good clothes.

Kagebunji

July 22, 2009, 07:28:14 pm #106 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
If Tantalus in tournament was placed on 6th place, then here is my suggestion:
9th battle: Beatrix-very strong, 2x Alexandrian soldier(Miang SPR can bee good choice)-medicore. Reward: 20000gil and sword "excalipoor"if not possible then "wave creese".

mav

July 22, 2009, 07:52:52 pm #107 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
I dunno, I think it would be unfair for whoever is playing to have to fight another enemy group right before the end of the tournament. If it's just Beatrix, then it'll work. If I were playing through this tournament, I'd want a little break right before Siegfried, just to get my act together and cure up whoever needs to be cured.

Oh, and we'd have to give Wave Creese as the reward, since the Excalipoor is obtained through a different sidequest.

Kagebunji

July 23, 2009, 06:52:29 am #108 Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:09:56 pm by Kagebunji
I'm not wasting time, so here is another one. This is ver. 1.2, thanks to Silvas it look better now.

Dead everywhere

Chapter 3 end (but beginning of 4 would be better)

Event- Ramza and co. while arriving to Zagrhidas( I don't remember the name correctly) see few corpses, suddenly a half living woman come from the street, and tell them to be carefull, cause... women dies. Gaff says that he will look into this matter alone, and they should stay here, then he goes away. Rad and Ramza ignore his order, and start looking for living people. Before them appear Demon ( some unique class, like "death bringer" or something with dead in it, if possible he should be black-red). He says to Rad and Ramza he will take their lives too, and that they can't defeat him. Then first part of battle begins

Enemy units:
1.Shin- uber strong magic based stats, power based strong too. Immortal(in this part of batle), ??? HP

After defeating Ramza and Rad he should say some words like " ready to join the rest?" or something, sudenly Gafgarion appears and hurts Shin with some unique sword skill, and nullifing his immortality, Gaff also restores Ramza with Rad. The second part of battles begins.

Enemy units
1.Shin-stats are the same, only immortality is no longer ( should have something around 1500HP)

After beating Shin, they are aiding people that survived, head of village thanks Ramza and co. and gives them "demon slice" and "wave armor".

SilvasRuin

July 23, 2009, 10:10:00 am #109 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
If it is supposed to be hard enough at the first part for it to survive two units and get them into critical, how in the world could it be harder upon the entry of a third unit and not crush the player's team?  It HAS to actually be easier when you have Gaf's help, otherwise it runs into being unbeatable or it winds up being entirely beatable without Gaf's help.  Either way kind of breaks your plans.

And out of curiosity, why the name Shin?

Kagebunji

July 23, 2009, 11:00:32 am #110 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
It, MUST be harder! Well if you must, Gaff could get some better stats for this battle too, after the battle Ramza asks why Gaff was  so powered up, Gaff says he drinked "potion of might" (or something else). Now happy? It should be easy enough now.

Shin cause it's the name of Demon leader in Star Ocean 2, and first battles with him was impossible to win, that's why I wanted to be so hard ;).

SilvasRuin

July 23, 2009, 12:09:31 pm #111 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
It's not that I was arguing that it shouldn't be harder.  I'm saying it is impossible.  If you want it to play out as scripted, the first part of the battle can't be possible to win unless you load it up with precautionary deus ex machinas, which is bad story telling.  Rad and Ramza can't be strong enough to take him down, so it must be impossible.  Thing is, you can't make anything harder than impossible.  Now, the demon can be more powerful after Gaf arrives, but logically it would still have to be easier than the first part of the fight because the first part of the fight is impossible, and you can't make it harder than impossible.  If the first half is not winnable and the second half is, then the second half is easier.  That's just the way things work.  See what I mean?

Kagebunji

July 23, 2009, 12:29:45 pm #112 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Small change of plans: in first part his HP is ??? and you can't kill him, after Ramza and Rad are defeated, Gaff arrives using some unique sword skill on Shin and heals Ramza and Rad, from now on his HP is around 1500 and is beatable. I think it looks better isn't it??

SilvasRuin

July 23, 2009, 12:59:23 pm #113 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Yes.  Now I think you see what I meant.

mav

July 23, 2009, 03:02:27 pm #114 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by mav
If you're not interested in any updates to the tournament, you don't have to read this.
Alright, the 9th battle will be against a Warder, who is at least 15 levels higher than Ramza and co. His lack of speed and mobility, as well as his reliance on defense will give the player plenty of time to recuperate. The fact that he's so much more leveled up and has good support abilities, however, will still make him a formidable opponent. His reward will be a simple 10,000 gil. I'm thinking the player will leave the tournament with an additional 40,000 gil total.
This leaves the second and third battle open for suggestions. Teams and solos are welcome.

cold52

July 23, 2009, 03:29:32 pm #115 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cold52
ok well I have  another I think you may like...but who knows :P

any chapter

Trigering event- Ramuza Masters thief + stolen (I cant think a fair yet high amount of gil but a certain amount would be required)

event name: .:The Thief's Guild:.

Event: ramuza just walking through town as a guy (the thief) walking by tryies to pickpocket him as he passes by...stopping him the thief intrigued that he was able to figure him out rasmuza replying simply with he has experiance with it. this thief issues a challenge to him.

mission:Steal more gold than him in 7 turns

reward for battle:the gold stolen of course + If you beat him he tells you of the thiefs guild which now when you go to this place you are able to get thiefs at the employment office...they cost alot of money

PX_Timefordeath

July 23, 2009, 04:50:05 pm #116 Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 05:04:08 pm by PX_Timefordeath
mav, better suggestion for 9th battle. Zodiac, Voldemort, and other people with their own custom sprites join in on the battle. It'll be mayhem.

And everyone ignored this, so...
Honour Never Dies

Chapter 1-4

You need to enter the designated areas at the designated times, one in each chapter. Each one is a marathon battle, battling against each of the Princess capturing group. The battles will be hard, and require set up before you start the next battle.

Chapter 1: Enter Thieves Fort after the Windmill Shack battle. Ramza will see a Materia on the floor. As he's about to pick it up, a barrier appears around it and repels his hand. Ramza shouts, and Rad and Gaffgarion show up. Suddenly Viggs appears as an archer, and battle ensues.

Match 1: Viggs: Archer, Party Level, Innate Protect.
Match 2: Wezaleff: Archer, Party Level, Innate Shell.
Match 3: Dish: Arbalist, Party Level, Always Berserk.
Match 4: Lezales and Fukes: Lezales is a knight with regenerator, defence up, move hp+, innate protect and shell. Fukes is a Scryer with Trancer secondary, and a gun. He has innate Protect, Shell, and magic defence up.

After the battle, the Materia floats into the air, then explodes, shattering it across Ivalice. However, Ramza finds one shard where it used to stand.

Chapter 2: Right after Lionel event, have the team head over to Lenalia Plateau. Must enter from north.  Upon walking into the area where Miluda was killed, Rad happens to notice something light coming from the ground. He walks over and manges to dig up a shard of the Materia. However, it starts to glow, and Viggs and Wezaleff appears out of nowhere.

Match 1: Viggs: Arbalist, Party Level +2, Innate Protect
Wezaleff: Arbalist, Party Level +2, Innate Shell
Match 2: Dish: Warder, starts off with 8 Fury, Party Level +3, Innate Protect, Innate Shell
Match 3: Fukes: Engineer, Party Level +3, Teleports on top of the guillotine after Dish is defeated, has 2 guns, and scrying.
Match 4: Lezales: Dark Knight, Party Level +5, ??? Stats, Innate Defence Up, Innate Magic Defence Up, Move HP+

After finishing off Lezales, the team grabs the Materia shard and gets out of the area.

Chapter 3: After the Yuguo Woods battle, head back to Orbonne Monastery. Upon Simon's death spot, a new shard of Materia is located by Gaffgarion. However, this shard suddenly flies up, glows, and then the party is relocated to Murond, map where you fight Zombag. Dish appears, and another battle starts.

Match 1: Dish: Hessain, Party Level +5, Always Berserk, Innate Defense Up and Shell.
Match 2: Miluda(!): White Knight, Party Level +10, ??? Stats, Move HP+, Innate Defense Up and Magic Defense UP.
             Fukes: Scryer, Party Level +5, ??? Stats, Has two guns forced equipped.
Match 3: Golgoros: Dark Knight, Party Level +10, ??? Stats, Move HP+, Always Protect and Defense Up.
Match 4: Lezales: Lune Knight, Party Level +10, ??? Stats, Always Protect and Shell, Innate Defense Up and Magic Defense Up
             Viggs: Warder, Party Level +7, Innate Defense Up
             Wezaleff: Warder, Party Level +7, Innate Magic Defense Up

More to come

SilvasRuin

July 23, 2009, 04:50:45 pm #117 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
cold52:
First, there are no thieves in Mercenaries.  Ramza has some thieving abilities, but that is it.  Second, there is no employment office.  There are only two characters you can equip and consistently use in-battle:  Ramza and Rad.  Third, utilizing special characters to be recruitable with Thief as their base job will burn up character slots, severely restricting how many unique characters there can be each chapter, depending on how many you recruit.  Fourth, since the game is balanced and battles are set up to rely on guests based on the assumption that you only have two characters you set up yourself, changing that and adding other units would not only break balance, it would break the game itself.  I expect it would cause glitches galore.  What you suggest just isn't doable, from what I can tell.

cold52

July 23, 2009, 05:30:24 pm #118 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by cold52
ow...I see...ow well :P

SilvasRuin

July 23, 2009, 05:36:21 pm #119 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
QuoteAnd everyone ignored this, so...
Personally I only feel the need to respond to someone else's suggestions if I think there is a problem with it or a clear improvement to be made.  It's ultimately up to LastingDawn, so picking out my personal favorites does nothing.