• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:38:04 pm

Modding and Creating Patches

Started by Comicalistical, March 18, 2024, 06:03:11 pm

Comicalistical

March 18, 2024, 06:03:11 pm Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 08:48:18 am by Comicalistical
So, i've only recently gotten into emulation, modding, and patching, I play Tactics WoTL through the ppsspp emulator, and I already modded a copy of the game to be "Final Fantasy Tactics War of The Lion Tweak 2.5"

As of the moment I am trying to patch the same copy with "Final Fantasy War of The Lions Remixed", but that is besides the point.

I want to be able to create my own patch for the game so I can add a new character and job, but do not know where to begin, and was wondering if anyone has some tips for where and how to begin.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
CB

Jumza

Hey! Welcome to modding, I would recommend grabbing some of the basic tools (mostly the FFTPatcher Suite to start which you can find here https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Tools#FFTPatcher_Suite ) and just mess around with them to start! If you have any questions and want them answered more quickly, try joining the FFH discord and asking around there, or posting more here as well.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Comicalistical

Quote from: Jumza on March 20, 2024, 03:36:54 pmHey! Welcome to modding, I would recommend grabbing some of the basic tools (mostly the FFTPatcher Suite to start which you can find here https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Tools#FFTPatcher_Suite ) and just mess around with them to start! If you have any questions and want them answered more quickly, try joining the FFH discord and asking around there, or posting more here as well.

Alright, thank you, i'll mess around and see what I can figure out soon enough.

I hope you don't mind me asking but does FFTPatcher also work for PSP or only PSX?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
CB

Jumza

PSP editing is also supported!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.