• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

Devon_v

Quote from: "Zaen"This might just be me, but the Egyptian Mage on the side view looks very awkward, like the head is too far forward. The breasts also look kinda unnatural.

I agree. They're on the to-do list. I just haven't had a lot of spriting time the last few days.

Asmo X

Knox, the red is a straight rip from another sprite and I've asked people about the small head and we can't see it. I might do something about the shoulder later though. Here is an alternate helmet design. Raven said the Orange fins looked confusing because they were the same as the hair colour. I didn't see the problem myself but I pushed ahead with this design anyway:

jimmyjw88

Ooo...I'm liking this. Very nice, as usual, Asmo. Previous one, looks great too, and I don't see any problems with it, actually.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

jimmyjw88

Looks great. One thing, shouldn't her right fin of the helmet higher than her left,as it is diagonal view?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Asmo X

Yes it should be. This is going to take a long time to fix. Fuck you Jimmy

Asmo X

Here's where I am at the moment with this

Things to do: Make sure the palette is appropriate, do something about the feet, Adjust the bottom of the robe for the back view, gloves for the back view, fin on top of the helmet for the back view (I've tried this every which way. It's impossible to make it look good). Still shitloads to do. If anyone wants to have a crack at any of those things, be my guest.

jimmyjw88

Yeah, this sprite is going to be long before its done. I'm looking forward to this. The rear view helmet actually looks good now.

Asmo X

thanks. I have a better version of that. Now it's the front that's giving me trouble

jimmyjw88

So, which helmet will you be continuing, if I may? Both orange fin and your latest alternate helmet looks great. Hmm...

Asmo X

Kagebunji

I like both versions too, but fin looks cooler IMO, more dragon-ish. And colors look perfect, I see no needs to change 'em...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Asmo X

Ok I need crits on this forward helmet before I go any further. Made some changes to the other angles as well

LastingDawn

I personally really like that face forwarding helmet. It looks very menacing, which fits from a dragon skull being worn on the head.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

jimmyjw88

June 17, 2010, 10:43:45 am #1414 Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:41:18 pm by jimmyjw88
That forward view helmet looks great. Hmm...Something about the fins of the helmet. It doesn't look quite right, compared to the front diagonal view. Hmm...

EDIT: Something like this? (Sorry, don't know how to crit in comment. Hope you don't mind.)
[attachment=0:19snln6s]Dragoon Skull Test.png[/attachment:19snln6s]

Kagebunji

I agree with LD here, though you might consider making the fin more visible. Why is this blue though? You should change it to red...(joke, you should lol now)

Asmo X

More or less final on these 4 views. Good job on that edit Jimmy. Might try that as a replacement for what I have

Edit: Dammit that fucking head looks flat. Guess I'm not done with it yet

jimmyjw88

Sorry about the head. I guess this head is going to take awhile.

Asmo X

Kagebunji

Helm looks great, about face though, this is hard not to make flat face, when you shade too much it looks either pillowy or simply bad. IMO leave the face as it is.