• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Eternal

Good to hear. Give me feedback on the new translation for Chapter 1, guys. If a huge majority of people don't like it, I won't continue it into Chapters 2, 3, and 4. I do, however, have plans of releasing Newtype with Complete's PSP translation, however, so people will have a variety of choices of which translation they prefer.

New Known Issue: Algus will repeat a line twice in Mandalia, and his "reinforcements" line will appear blank.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

I'd like that very much actually. Go for it! =D
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Dokurider

Good, because I have Orbonne to Mandalia done already and will upload them tomorrow. I also recorded the scenes as well, just to show off the new translations. I might do more tonight if the mood strikes me.

Eternal

You're awesome, Doku. Has anyone told you that? =P

There are a few errors with some events, though, and I would like that to be noted, if possible.

Dokurider

I suppose I can use Youtube annotations to point them out as I go along. I can also give you the links for guest annotation and you can point out the ones I miss or just comment on them, whatever fits your fancy.

EDIT: Okay, it turns out I got all the way to Dorter, so that's cool. I also decided to upload the first scene at Orbonne to get the ball rolling, plus it's a small file, so it's a-okay. I'll upload the rest tomorrow as planned.

P.S. Check your inbox, Eternal.

Zenius

Lol, damn too bad I'm already at Goug I can't see the new things

@Eternal: Does Balthier instead of Cloud mean no more Climhazzard? :*(

Edit: One of the Enchanters at Bariaus Valley has Counter as a Support Ability

Edit2: IDK why but somehow I thought Specials could go on props too :S

Eternal

@Zenius: No more Climhazzard, but I might use the animation somewhere else. I love the Limit Break animations! Regarding the Enchanters, I think I did that a few other places. Whoops. Will fix now. Regarding Special units going on props, that's doable via FFTorgASM, but I never really considered doing it, although I like the idea.

@Doku: Great to see you doing this! Just so you know, Chapter 2's new translation isn't done yet. So don't feel you have to rush. =P

Kagebunji

Um, yeah, if we are talking about Cloud, his attacks changed a bit, or is all as it was?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Balthier has an all new skillset, totally different from Cloud's. However, to use Balthier's Quickenings, you need to equip the Highway Star, which is obtained during his sidequest. Just think of it has a new sprite with a new skillset.

Zenius

Hmm, yeah I really think you should let Specials go on Props cause it's so hard to let them catch up to your starting generics in terms of Abilities on other classes and whatnot.

Umm, are there any skills in this patch using the Climhazzard formula? That was like THE skill against ??? enemies.

Btw, your Zalmo @ Lesalia is brutal.
400+ Damage Holies (GRR WHITE ROBE SO BUFF)

Eternal

I don't think there are any that use the formula, no. That can easily be changed, but the Lucavi currently don't have enough HP to warrant even needing it.

Kagebunji

Quote from: "Eternal248"Balthier has an all new skillset, totally different from Cloud's.
Ekhem, I asked about Cloud, not Balthier, sir. I still play older version, and Cloud is there instead of Balthier.

Btw:
Quote from: "Eternal248"However, to use Balthier's Quickenings, you need to equip the Highway Star, which is obtained during his sidequest
Tell me something about this sidequest. Or PM me if you don't wanna talk about it here. :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

LastingDawn

Hmm? The Highway Star is one of Gabranth's weapons, why would Balthier be receiving it? Also in Revenant Wings, Balthier obtained his Quickening from defeating Shemhazai (easily can be shown as after defeating Shemhazai receiving "Proof of Worth" or something like that, which would function as the "Materia Blade" item, but work as an Accessory.) I'm just not very fond of giving one of Gabranth's weapon, since the two don't share two lines together, to Balthier.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

@Kage: If you're playing the older version, Cloud is almost exactly how he is in Vanilla and 1.3. Regarding his Sidequest, I'm just referring to the Mustadio sidequest in general.

@LD: Hmm, I was thinking of a decent weapon whose weapon type I could keep the same as the Materia Blade, that would probably still have a decent amount of Mist remaining within over the years since the Cataclysm. Also, having it be a sword is kind of a dual-strategy for Balthier. You either give him Guns to give him range and constant damage, or give him the Highway Star, sacrifice your normal attack range, but have access to his very powerful Quickenings.

Samuraiblackbelt

<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Dominic NY18

I figured out how to use emulator save files on the PSP, so now I can just use the same file while I'm on the go. That's one nagging issue solved.

Eternal

Good to hear, Dom. Just make sure everything else is up-to-date. ^_^