• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

February 05, 2023, 01:51:12 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 7ffta7 on December 17, 2022, 01:02:01 pmI've been trying to find the AP costs in the FFTA2AE.jar ability editor but a lot of the fields are "Unknown" and none seem to be for AP. Is there a different tool I can look at?

Thank you!

Sorry for the late response for this, to edit the AP costs for abilities you'll need to either Hex edit them manually via using the Spreadsheet for reference in a Hex Editor of your choice, or use DeSgeretjin's FFTA2 Text Editor under the Command List Editor which is much easier to use if doing stuff manually isn't your thing, and you'll also will need to know which Hex number to edit which is usually 2 digits, i'll include a AP Hex edit list i have attached to this post if you need that as well.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

7ffta7

Thank you so so much!! I'll play around with it! Very much appreciated!
  • Discord username: 7ffta7

7ffta7

Sorry for the trouble...

I'm trying to make all abilities instantly mastered upon equipping? Alternatively, can you set the ap costs to a cost lower than 100?

Much appreciated!!
  • Discord username: 7ffta7

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: 7ffta7 on January 22, 2023, 03:06:31 amSorry for the trouble...

I'm trying to make all abilities instantly mastered upon equipping? Alternatively, can you set the ap costs to a cost lower than 100?

Much appreciated!!

Abilities cannot be mastered automatically via just equipping said weapon/equipment since making the AP to learn an Ability set to 0 makes it unable to be learned by whatever job it's supposed to be taught to.

You can master a set amount of Primary Job and Secondary Job abilities to units that you can Recruit through Hex Editing their recruit values to have said abilities mastered, as well change what equipment recruit-able units come with.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606