• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:02:22 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT: Newtype (Playable Demo in One Week, Armor Posted)

Started by Eternal248, April 19, 2010, 12:18:19 am

Eternal

Update: new monster skills are about halfway done. I'm feeling a lot better, but now I'm getting stuff ready for my job next month. So yeah, still working on stuff, it's just kind of slow going right now.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Samuraiblackbelt

my game is frozen here, the sprites are still moving moving but Dycedarg won't turn into a zodiac monster. I made it this far in the battle before and it never happened, don't know why it's doing it now.

[attachment=0:1czlf69v]69.JPG[/attachment:1czlf69v]

EDIT: just restarted from a savestate I took a little before this, still not working. Dycedarg says his lines and then he falls over, and the part where the Zodiac stones comes out SHOULD be happening.

on a related not I couldn't get the scene where you first see cloud to trigger earlier, could this have the same cause?
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Samuraiblackbelt

ok, so now I reloaded the same savestate twice and the Dycedarg issue is working, I have no idea what's different, but it's working now. Haven't tried the Cloud sidequest yet.
EDIT: Cloud sidequest is STILL not working.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

Eternal

Well... the only things I touched with the Balthier sidequest was the dialogue. I didn't change the requirements or anything, so I really have no idea what's wrong.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Samuraiblackbelt

I probably didn't buy the flower....I could have sworn I did though, oh well.

J Viper

Any tips on fighting Elidibs, final eclipse is really gay and im stuck cause its range is really big

Eternal

Well, Jade Armlets halve Dark, which is what element Final Eclipse is. Also, Jujitsu Gi can block the Death side-effect from it. Keep your people separated as much as possible.

Also, I have to ask: why didn't you post anything about your playthrough until now? I'd have loved to have heard your opinions. ^_^

J Viper

I dont know had no problems till now, im not the talking type.

The patch however is very fun and challanging especially this deep dungeon, killing Algus again in Mlapan was enjoyable but i post more often now

Eternal

Sounds good! I look forward to hearing from you. =D

J Viper

Elidibs is down thanks to Eternal248s suggestion of jade armlets final eclipse wasent that bad then.

I used meliadouls mind ruin and his attacks did below 100.  Healed with murasame after every attack and he was forced to just do his melee attack that did 15 damage.

Kagebunji

I think I will cheat in all this "searching for one panel" in DD. I did it so many times that I just cannot bear it any longer. Teleport2 + Savestate abuse should do the trick, hehe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Eternal

Congrats, Viper! Now try and defeat Yiazmat. You may well be the first!

@Kage: Just look at a guide on GameFAQs. =o

The Damned

Seriously, there's a DD guide on GameFAQs specifically for finding the exits. There's only five possible places the exit can be, so I never saw why this was such a big deal when you have five people on your team.

Anyway, Eternal, how goes the monster mash?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

J Viper

Yiazamat from FF12 was a long pain for me 3 years ago but when i have the time and patience i'll fight him

Eternal

@The Damned: Not bad. I haven't gotten much farther, but a lot of other stuff has been distracting me lately. It'll be done soon enough. The fun part will be testing each ability. =P

@Viper: Hehe, well, Yiazmat in Newtype is about the same, in that he has a lot of stuff under his belt and he has a ton of HP to boot. Let me know how it goes when you've faced him. ^_^

Kagebunji

Quote from: "The Damned"Seriously, there's a DD guide on GameFAQs specifically for finding the exits. There's only five possible places the exit can be, so I never saw why this was such a big deal when you have five people on your team.

To be honest, this is the first time I see this. I never was lookin at those faqs since I hadn't had so many troubles with the game. Last time I was lookin there was to learn how to get Beowulf, Cloud etc.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zenius

I'm not playing much cause I've gotten a bit busy these few days but...
I'm still at TIGER, and the 5x Celebrant Squad is...Gay.
And Zeromus is one hell of a b*tch >_<
Viper, got any tips? :D

J Viper

Nah i only fought against the elder trent army.
The Celebrant squad is such a pain i didnt want to attempt anymore.
As for Zeromus he only uses dark based attacks so use gear that absorbs dark (i cant remember the name of the accesory)
and then just mind ruin him.  Cast reraise to counter the death sentence from the plagues.
Also arcane defense and shell is a good idea.
Good luck

formerdeathcorps

Quote from: "J Viper"Nah i only fought against the elder trent army.
The Celebrant squad is such a pain i didnt want to attempt anymore.
As for Zeromus he only uses dark based attacks so use gear that absorbs dark (i cant remember the name of the accesory)
and then just mind ruin him.  Cast reraise to counter the death sentence from the plagues.
Also arcane defense and shell is a good idea.
Good luck

Eternal, that's a balance problem.  If you did what 1.3 did and made darkness elemental the same elemental as all % HP damage, any gear that absorbs dark for the player automatically gives the player access to a massive number of spells that can be used for healing.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.