• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:40:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Maps by Bladegrasp

Started by Bladegrasp1997, July 15, 2023, 01:59:53 am

Bladegrasp1997

New Map
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jumza

This is awesome! Gives big Metal Gear Solid vibes, like it would be fun to sneak around in.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks, it would be awesome if the ai had a "detect the player" mode.

Bladegrasp1997

Arena map

CONMAN

That looks really cool! That map just begs for cool edits!

Bladegrasp1997

Thank you 👍, that's exactly what I was going for. I wanted to add a third level but I don't think the game can handle that many polygons.

ArmoredKori

Glad to see another face in the maps section! Definitely like the edits you've made so far and hope to see more.
Are you using GDX to make these or another program? If you haven't tried them in game I definitely suggest doing so to make sure they work as expected! If you need help pop into the discord and drop a message in the map editing channel.
My only thing I'd like to make you keep note of is if you plan on people using these I'd suggest making sure that each tile can be fully visible from at least one camera angle. From the ones you've posted I do see issues with line of sight for quite a few, but that isn't something that is unfixable!

Keep at it and I look forward to seeing more maps!  :cool:
I make FFT maps!
twitch.tv/armoredkori
  • Discord username: ArmoredKori

Bladegrasp1997

Thanks, I'm using Ganesha .75. I have not had the chance to test them ingame yet, haven't used the editor in a while and wanted to familiarize myself with the program again. I do plan on making more maps 👍.

RetroTypes

Quote from: Bladegrasp1997 on August 04, 2023, 06:45:13 amThanks, I'm using Ganesha .75. I have not had the chance to test them ingame yet, haven't used the editor in a while and wanted to familiarize myself with the program again. I do plan on making more maps 👍.

GDX is up to .91 now, might be a good idea to upgrade to the newest version! I posted a fix for the .NET 3.1 end of life, too, you can try that if you want to upgrade to a newer .NET version alongside it. Kori's been using the fix for that and hasn't had any problems, as far as I know.

https://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Tools#GaneshaDX
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Bladegrasp1997

I'll see if I can get it to work, thanks 👍

Bladegrasp1997

Dorter Edit

3lric

somehow missed these before. Great job. Custom maps are some of the coolest things to see, from an event standpoint especially XD