• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:39:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

PX_Timefordeath

February 28, 2009, 12:43:39 pm #600 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by PX_Timefordeath
Manaburn: 10% of physical damage is done to the mp of the persone he attacks, but takes 25% more physical damage

Archael

February 28, 2009, 02:15:52 pm #601 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I think ATTACK UP, SHORT CHARGE, DEFENSE UP, etc can be stronger than Two Swords and Two Hands.

It's debatable, but ATTACK UP boosts things like Swordskills... Magic Attack up boosts things like Math Skill and SUMMON MAGIC... this is something Two Swords / Two Hands cannot do... Two Swords / Two Hands is very limited to the Attack Command and maybe sometimes Battle Skill

Razele

February 28, 2009, 09:43:52 pm #602 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteManaburn: 10% of physical damage is done to the mp of the persone he attacks, but takes 25% more physical damage
The only problems with this, AI won't know their attack will do MP damage,
and 25% defense penalty will make it easier to kill the AI with this setup.

Add something in Manaburn, like increasing damage based on MP loss or
kill the target if their MaxMP is at 1/3 from MaxHP, in other words, magician, and have zero MP.
Remove the 25% defense penalty, it's not really necessary and will make you really frail.

Defense Up / Magic Defense Up will leave unchanged, since there's no real damage reduction system in FFT.
Adding PA / MA reduction to armor doesn't solve the problem, since you can break / steal their armor and gains
huge advantage because some enemies don't bring Battle Skills / Mighty Sword.

Well, nates made a hack to reduce Attack Up / Magic Attack Up damage, but I won't use it,
since I will leave that decision for people's taste, whether they want to reduce it from 33% to 20% or 25%, it's their choice.

Razele

March 01, 2009, 12:35:47 pm #603 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
Personally, I would like to keep Attack Up at 33%, or rework it as another support ability, rather than nerfing it to 20% or 25%.
Nerfing it to 20%-25% with 10-15 PA and 10 WP will only add +20 .. +30 damage which is a joke.
Enemies also can cast Protect or equip Defense Up which will reduce your damage further.

With difficult situation like 1.3 I prefer Defense Up / Magic Defense Up / Damage Split on most of my character to prevent further damage,
rather than just increase my damage output by 20-40, unless it's assasination mission.
Attack UP is more suitable for enemies, since they most likely outnumbered you, by 2-3 units.

Attack Up only shine when your PA is really high combined with high WP,
meanwhile Two Swords / Two Hands is broken at all PA level, especially if combined with Concentrate.

Old Two Swords and Two Hands are really broken.
5 Thief with innate Concentrate and Two Swords can easily kill any human boss.

About Magic Attack Up, yes you can increase the damage easily with Strengthen X and Magic Attack Up.
Combined with high Faith and the capability to hit multiple target it can be deadly.
It's also because you can get X Rod with Strengthen X at early chapter. That's like giving +25% free magic damage.
The easiest solution would be to remove Magic Attack Up, but I would like to hear other member's opinion regarding this.

Cheetah

March 01, 2009, 01:56:52 pm #604 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Any chance of create a support skill that allows a Geomancer to choose what geo skill to use, instead of having it always terrain dependant.
Current Projects:

Desocupado

March 01, 2009, 09:55:13 pm #605 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
What about an elemental defense piercing support ability? (based on on geomancy from FFTA)
If target absorbs a given elemental -> now it nulls
If it nulls -> now it halves
If it halves -> now it takes normal damage
(probably should only work with regular elementals i.e. no holy/dark elementals for the sake of holy sword/demi against bosses balancing)

Another idea:
Blessed
Positive buffs lasts 50% (100%) longer. and or negative buffs lasts 50% less time.
  • Modding version: PSX

Razele

March 02, 2009, 07:28:01 am #606 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteAny chance of create a support skill that allows a Geomancer to choose what geo skill to use, instead of having it always terrain dependant.
If players are given chance to pick any of Geomancer's skill, they will always pick Lava Ball(Status: Dead), not Sand Storm(Status: Darkness)

QuoteGeomancy [SGEO]

S-Ability Name: Geomancy
S-Ability Effect: Reduces enemy resistance to elemental attacks.
Absb > Null > Resist > Normal > Weak

The concept looks good, but I don't see any advantage of using it.
If I see humans with Ice Shield (Absorb:Ice, Half:Fire, Weak:Lightning),
I won't hit them with Geomancy + Ice / Fire, I will hit them with Lightning, no Geomancy needed.

Also, since usually humans don't have any elemental attribute, that will make Normal -> Weak, which will double the damage and broken.

QuoteAnother idea:
Blessed
Positive buffs lasts 50% (100%) longer. and or negative buffs lasts 50% less time.

This support ability is quite useful, since all status will be made temporary (no perma-Frog)
in status remake, although I believe Asmo already mentioned this idea.

Desocupado

March 02, 2009, 09:54:48 am #607 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
That's why I said, it only increases damage from resistant to neutral. More like this:

Geomancy [SGEO]

Absb -> Resist
Null -> Resist
Resist -> Normal

BTW, can a support ability work like maintenance, but for MA, PA, SPD, Br and Fa?

Razele

March 02, 2009, 11:34:58 am #608 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteBTW, can a support ability work like maintenance, but for MA, PA, SPD, Br and Fa?
You want a support ability that can block -MA / -PA / -Brave ?
Sounds good to prevent Mind Ruin crippling boss stats to 1.
I'll merge them with Maintenance.

QuoteThat's why I said, it only increases damage from resistant to neutral. More like this:

Geomancy [SGEO]

Absb -> Resist
Null -> Resist
Resist -> Normal
It's a good idea, but not too useful.
Like I said above, since Wizard and Summoner have many elemental spells, they can pick other elemental spells.
For example, if a unit use Rubber Boots, Wizard can use Fire/Ice spells and Summoner can use Shiva/Ifrit
to bypass enemies' elemental immunity rather than equip Geomancy support ability.

philsov

March 02, 2009, 12:06:59 pm #609 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteAbout Magic Attack Up, yes you can increase the damage easily with Strengthen X and Magic Attack Up.
Combined with high Faith and the capability to hit multiple target it can be deadly.
It's also because you can get X Rod with Strengthen X at early chapter. That's like giving +25% free magic damage.
The easiest solution would be to remove Magic Attack Up, but I would like to hear other member's opinion regarding this.

As it currently stands a mage using MAU over short charge by mid-late game is taking a massive opportunity cost to pull off their spells.  I admit that MAU + ele boosting is powerful early on, but that can be curbed through spell coeffecients and initial MA values (with higher MA growth to compensate) rather than the removal of MAU.  Plus, MAU works were elemental boosting does not, namely things like draw out and elemental.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Dokurider

March 02, 2009, 01:10:55 pm #610 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Don't forget MP costs kill you pretty bad early on.

Archael

March 02, 2009, 03:33:17 pm #611 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteSounds good to prevent Mind Ruin crippling boss stats to 1.
I'll merge them with Maintenance.

good call, I ALMOST forgot about that!

Maintenance should protect vs stat breaks as well

(or at least hack the immortal flag to protect vs stat breaks)

Kokojo

March 02, 2009, 03:56:19 pm #612 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
What about replace a status with that ''BOSS'' maintenance ?

Because if you can never reduce stats of anyone, you are in for trouble.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

goldblade0

March 02, 2009, 04:03:06 pm #613 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
A question.  Is it possible to make a skill that will reduce the max HP of a unit while in battle?
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

Desocupado

March 02, 2009, 08:44:59 pm #614 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
What about support skills that makes Positive magic don't affect enemies and negative magic don't affect allies.

Or maybe increasing effect area by if if it is already 1 or more? i.e. holy still targets a single square, while Fire 1 targets 13.

Maybe, enabling evasion while charging/performing would be good as well?

As a last idea, totally broken BTW, what about "mimic", so the unit would work like a mime? Could be used to make "mime" monsters/bosses and stuff like that.

Dokurider

March 02, 2009, 08:47:16 pm #615 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
No friendly fire as a support and enabling evasion while charging/performing? Not bad.

Asmo X

March 02, 2009, 10:28:30 pm #616 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Asmo X
Weapon mastery: Similar to the suggestion someone had for a weapon range bonus, but in this version, long range weapons like bows and dictionaries can target the close panels instead of getting a bonus to range.

Razele

March 02, 2009, 10:48:58 pm #617 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
Quote(or at least hack the immortal flag to protect vs stat breaks)
No. Most of chapter 4 fight is filled with immortal flagged generic.
If I merge that stat break immunity to immortal flag, it will make Knight useless.
I'll merge it with maintenance / as new support ability / accessory, one of them, not all of them.

QuoteAs it currently stands a mage using MAU over short charge by mid-late game is taking a massive opportunity cost to pull off their spells. I admit that MAU + ele boosting is powerful early on, but that can be curbed through spell coeffecients and initial MA values (with higher MA growth to compensate) rather than the removal of MAU. Plus, MAU works were elemental boosting does not, namely things like draw out and elemental.
Yeah, Magic Attack Up is useful for other non-elemental magician, like Priest, Oracle, etc.
Fire Rod which gives free +25% magical damage at chapter 1 is the real problem.
In my opinion, it's better to just remove Strengthen X from chapter 1 Fire Rod and move it to Chapter 2/3 accessory.
Remove Ether and Hi-Ether, gives Rod something useful, like the ability to refill X MP every Y clocktick or something like that.

QuoteWhat about support skills that makes Positive magic don't affect enemies and negative magic don't affect allies.
One thing that balance magic is that you can redirect its effect to another person.
If I control a mage, I won't target a unit that can move and redirect my spell to one of my allies though.
The concept is interesting, I will think about it.

QuoteA question. Is it possible to make a skill that will reduce the max HP of a unit while in battle?
It's possible, very easy to do.

QuoteOr maybe increasing effect area by if if it is already 1 or more? i.e. holy still targets a single square, while Fire 1 targets 13.
That still would make spells really powerful. Imagine Sleep spell with Haste 2 AoE. You can hit 3-4 unit in it.

QuoteAs a last idea, totally broken BTW, what about "mimic", so the unit would work like a mime? Could be used to make "mime" monsters/bosses and stuff like that.
Interesting idea, but I don't know if AI still think their friends that equip this support ability as 'Mime'.
That means, they won't place the Mime unit in optimal formation, it won't be funny if their 'Mime' units
mimic Fire 4 and hit their friends.

QuoteWeapon mastery: Similar to the suggestion someone had for a weapon range bonus, but in this version, long range weapons like bows and dictionaries can target the close panels instead of getting a bonus to range.
Close panel ? You mean reduce the minimum range from 2 to 0 for Bows ?
That will make Archer invulnerable to physical attack with Hamedo.

QuoteMaybe, enabling evasion while charging/performing would be good as well?
Interesting, this should make Wizard has more protection with Mantles.
I'll merge this with accessory / as support ability.

Performing doesn't need help. It hits all units on the battlefield.
Just keep your Bard / Dancer away from enemies' range (set AI to Run like a rabbit).

LastingDawn

March 03, 2009, 03:15:00 pm #618 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Alright, this is an idea (personally) for Mercenaries, which is a reaction that when Magic is cast at them they retort with a move that casts Berserk, is this possible? If so, is it possible to do without replacing Counter Magic.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

March 03, 2009, 03:53:10 pm #619 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
about this

QuoteQuote:
Or maybe increasing effect area by if if it is already 1 or more? i.e. holy still targets a single square, while Fire 1 targets 13.

That still would make spells really powerful. Imagine Sleep spell with Haste 2 AoE. You can hit 3-4 unit in it.

how about a skill that increases the AoE of anything with an AoE of 1 or more but raise the mp cost. it muts be a skill that has mp (i say aoe of 1 or more because many 0 aoe skills would look bugged because they arent designed to spread)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!