• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Razele's ASM Hacks

Started by Razele, January 01, 2009, 02:08:08 pm

philsov

February 27, 2009, 11:13:44 am #580 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
QuoteUseless in a battle, just like JP/Exp Up.

OK, then... growth:  Boosts the HPM/MPM/SpM/PAM/MAM of the class by 5.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

LastingDawn

February 27, 2009, 11:29:26 am #581 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ouch... while Bloodfeud is an interesting idea, the thought of it taking over the spell casting chance is a bit... much. Also yes, the AI really wouldn't have any use for it, so an item skill would be fitting (I'm looking at You Zeni-Sword.)
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Razele

February 27, 2009, 02:04:30 pm #582 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
* Added Professor Daravon's Tutorial:Random Events

This is the exact percentages of some random events in the game, based on the game code.
Some of them was found by Zodiac, others by me. Thanks to FFT BMG for rough value for the random event.

That's some nice idea you have, Philsov.
You should post more of your idea in this thread.

QuoteSerpentarius -- causes unit to have neutral compat in all equations.
I can see this support ability useful, against boss with fixed Zodiac,
or for Zodiac boss to avoid bad / worst compatibility sandbagging.
It sucks if your 'perfect' generic with 70 Brave and 40 Faith have bad / worst compatibility with a boss.

QuoteGrowth -- reduces the HPC/MPC/SpC/PAC/MAC of the class by two.
This support ability can increase the HP of enemies greatly, especially boss with ??? stats,
or increase the stats of your unit that is leveled as Magician from 1-99 to gain some Warrior growth, vice versa.

QuoteOK, then... growth: Boosts the HPM/MPM/SpM/PAM/MAM of the class by 5.
The growth idea is quite good, maybe it's better if we combine stat growth and multiplier into items.

For example,
Magic Ring : Decrease MPC,MAC by X and increase MPM,MAM by Y.

QuoteExecute -- will inflict dead status when the attack command is used and unit reaches critical
This is useful to prevent some dangerous Critical Reaction Ability :
HP Restore (Monk), Critical Quick (Bomb / Chemist), Meatbone Slash (Behemoth),
or the new critical ability that will be created later (probably).
And you don't have to worry your attack leave enemy alive with 1 HP that will trigger Self-Destruct / Elixir party.

QuoteEquip clothes
Equip robes
About this one, since every patch has different Equip X preference,
I'll leave the decision to them.

QuoteAnyways, I wanted to help name some of these.

"Buff-Copier" should be renamed to Osmosis or Divine or Infringe.

Magic Addict should be renamed to Recycle or Emergency-MP.

Height could be renamed to Ascension, maybe?
Yeah, they need a good name, since I'm not good at naming skill.

QuoteOne more thing. Is it possible to make it so that a unit has no choice but to move their maximum move, i.e. you have to move 3 spaces if you have move of 3 etc?
Yes for player, but no for AI.

QuoteOuch... while Bloodfeud is an interesting idea, the thought of it taking over the spell casting chance is a bit... much. Also yes, the AI really wouldn't have any use for it, so an item skill would be fitting (I'm looking at You Zeni-Sword.)
Well it only happenned if I can't use another trigger beside Blood Sword trigger.

And just a reminder, the decision in the existing movement / support ability rework is not final.
If anyone has a good idea, it can replace the existing support / movement ability that already reworked.
Or, if anyone has a good point why some support abilities like Two Swords, or Martial Arts must 'Stay as is',
feel free to post your opinion.

Cheetah

February 27, 2009, 02:36:49 pm #583 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is really cool to be showing all those game statistics. Is that in the tutorial section, and how did you make room for it?
Current Projects:

Dokurider

February 27, 2009, 03:02:33 pm #584 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dokurider
Question, now that some of the support skills have been transferred to accessories, will the classes still have their respective innates? Also, exactly why did you remove Atk/Def/MAtk/MDef UP?

Zozma

February 27, 2009, 05:54:53 pm #585 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
k this isnt a move thing, but would you be able to make it so enemies cant throw items checked with "rare"
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

SentinalBlade

February 27, 2009, 08:27:52 pm #586 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
They already can, cant they? level 99 ninjas throw chaos blades all the time in DD. those are marked rare... same with chirijardens

Zozma

February 27, 2009, 08:48:26 pm #587 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
i created new weapons with the "rare" checked and the ninjas were throwing them once they were on available levels

i dont want them to be able to throw those tho

LastingDawn

February 27, 2009, 09:30:07 pm #588 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
I don't think without a large ASM hack that it will be very easily done.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zozma

February 27, 2009, 09:36:35 pm #589 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
sigh... a "large" asm :/ that sucks. that means theres really no way to make true one of a kind weapons.

Kourama

February 27, 2009, 09:59:17 pm #590 Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 10:25:36 pm by Kourama
Quote from: "Zozma"sigh... a "large" asm :/ that sucks. that means theres really no way to make true one of a kind weapons.

Just make the weapon a class of item that can't be thrown. Like a bag, cloth, rod, staff, instrument or in the PSP version dark knight sword.

Problem solved.

Support Abilities

Eunuch - Bard - able to equip female only items

Alchemy - Chemist - able to use 2 items or increases potency of restorative meds by 25%

Extend - Calculator - increases range of spells by 1 height, 1 length panel

Brawler - Monk - reaction ability works 100% of the time

Dexterity - Thief - all actions ignore enemy reaction ability

Zozma

February 27, 2009, 10:13:31 pm #591 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
um no, problem not solved.

thats fine if you only changed like 1 weapon. (other than the fact that you would have to make a job you dont want to able to equip something wierd like cloths because you decide to make your new ninja blade, axe, and maces not throwable)

Razele

February 27, 2009, 10:30:28 pm #592 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteThat is really cool to be showing all those game statistics. Is that in the tutorial section, and how did you make room for it?
It's in the tutorial section. I'm using FFTacText to insert those statistics, and replace "1. Compatibility" with my text.

QuoteQuestion, now that some of the support skills have been transferred to accessories, will the classes still have their respective innates?
I can make some important support ability as 'innate-class'.
Something like Chemist has innate old 'Throw Item' or Monk has innate old 'Martial Arts',
without the need to allocate innate slot in fftpatcher, since 'Throw Item' will be reworked as another support ability.

QuoteAlso, exactly why did you remove Atk/Def/MAtk/MDef UP?
I don't remove Attack Up / Magic Attack Up / Defense Up / Magic Defense Up.
Anything with a blank means I still don't know what to do with it, like Equip X, Attack Up, Magic Defend Up, etc.
Probably, they will 'Stay as is'.

Quotek this isnt a move thing, but would you be able to make it so enemies cant throw items checked with "rare"
I can use "Enemy level" trigger to disable it, but the problem isn't with enemies that can throw rare items.
Catch reaction skill - Free +1 weapons without buying it from Shop.
It will get reworked when I reach Reaction Abilities.

Kourama

February 27, 2009, 10:30:42 pm #593 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
Well then I see what you mean when you try to make a new sword, dagger, spear, etc.

Razele

February 28, 2009, 12:15:43 am #594 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteCalculator - increases range of spells by 1 height, 1 length panel
Well, AOE is one way to balance spells.
Imagine Holy / Raise 2 with AoE effect.

QuoteAlchemy - Chemist - Able to use 2 items
With my current knowledge, not possible.

Quoteincreases potency of restorative meds by 25%
Sounds good.
You mean 150 X-Potion will heal for 1.25 * 150 = 187.5 ?

If yes, we need to raise the number, maybe around 50% or more.

increases potency of restorative meds by 50%
030 * 1.5 = 45
070 * 1.5 = 105
150 * 1.5 = 225

increases potency of restorative meds by 75%
030 * 1.75 = 52.5
070 * 1.75 = 122.5
150 * 1.75 = 262.5

QuoteEunuch - Bard - able to equip female only items
This is easily done, I can replace any Equip X with it.

QuoteDexterity - Thief - all actions ignore enemy reaction ability
We already have Silent Walk, a movement ability that ignore enemies' reaction ability when attacking from behind.

QuoteBrawler - Monk - reaction ability works 100% of the time
Sounds good, it can guarantee you to have 100% Counter or 100% Damage Split.

Bastard Poetry

February 28, 2009, 12:53:13 am #595 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
Razele, I was directed to you by Voldemort to request an ASM hack for the next update of 1.3, since it's largely my request.

I actually hardly ever visit this board, so I never noticed this amazing topic you've created and the incredible work you do.

So.. MASSIVE KUDOS! I absolutely had to throw some fan-boy praise at you, because I'm seriously impressed.

As you may know, Kanbabrif has been added to several random battles in 1.3, and he currently has Wall status. At first, it was amusing to see player responses to the impossible battle, but it quickly got old. Now, we'd like to make it so that players CAN damage him, but it is extremely important that he should still be impossible to defeat. The reasons for that:

A) No one should ever be able to defeat K-Wrath.

B) I've proposed a contest to see who can do the most damage to him.

The ASM hack we are requesting: Change wall status so that every possible attack you can throw at him only does 1 damage. That way, it'd take 999 attacks to kill him, where the real challenge is surviving his insta-crystalizing ability Banish, and that'd make for some epic video attempts for the contest. Voldemort has approved this change, so if you could help make it happen, I'd be very grateful.
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

tithin

February 28, 2009, 01:13:10 am #596 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Gained XP Up -> Calculate Land Mass -> Spells and Magic based abilities ignore height.
Gained JP UP -> Brave Armour -> Increases Brave by five whilst equipped.
Throw Item -> Medical Specialty -> Increases the effect healing items have by 25-75%
Monster Talk -> Faith Armour -> Increases Faith by five whilst equipped.
Martial Arts -> Martial Focus -> Increases chance to hit with Monk skills only.
Secret Hunt -> Agility -> Low chance of doing a second attack. One handed weapons only.
Vehemence -> Dark Filled Rage -> Increases chance to crit by 5-10%
HP Boost -> Death Guard -> Immune to Death Spells / Doom Fist
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

Desocupado

February 28, 2009, 06:23:53 am #597 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
What about an feature of FF 5.
Whenever you equip a skillset you gain the class'es orignal atribute multiplier?
I.e. you could get 130 MA multiplier if you equip time magic on your geomancer.
Or maybe the other way around, if you equip "equip sword", you get more PA multiplier.
  • Modding version: PSX

VincentCraven

February 28, 2009, 08:25:01 am #598 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I've got an idea for Kanbabrif.

If you can reduce damage by a certain value, take the natural log of all damage given to Kanbabrif so that the max damage is like 7 or something.  That way, really strong attacks are still worth more than really weak attacks, but it's still really difficult to get his HP down.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Razele

February 28, 2009, 10:35:45 am #599 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Razele
QuoteRazele, I was directed to you by Voldemort to request an ASM hack for the next update of 1.3, since it's largely my request.

I actually hardly ever visit this board, so I never noticed this amazing topic you've created and the incredible work you do.

So.. MASSIVE KUDOS! I absolutely had to throw some fan-boy praise at you, because I'm seriously impressed.

As you may know, Kanbabrif has been added to several random battles in 1.3, and he currently has Wall status. At first, it was amusing to see player responses to the impossible battle, but it quickly got old. Now, we'd like to make it so that players CAN damage him, but it is extremely important that he should still be impossible to defeat. The reasons for that:

A) No one should ever be able to defeat K-Wrath.

B) I've proposed a contest to see who can do the most damage to him.

The ASM hack we are requesting: Change wall status so that every possible attack you can throw at him only does 1 damage. That way, it'd take 999 attacks to kill him, where the real challenge is surviving his insta-crystalizing ability Banish, and that'd make for some epic video attempts for the contest. Voldemort has approved this change, so if you could help make it happen, I'd be very grateful.

Ok, this hack should reduces all incoming HP damage (physical, magical, summon, counter, shock, mod 0 attacks, anything) to 1.
I would like to see someone doing commentary video with this "New Kanbabrif" and see how long will he lasts :P

Wall reduces all HP damage to 1
BATTLE.BIN
0x124AE2 change 0x40 to 0x42

0x124B88 change 00000000 to 154E0508

0xEC854
0A000210
1980023C
982D428C
5B004290
E52E0608
040062A4
E32E0608

QuoteGained XP Up -> Calculate Land Mass -> Spells and Magic based abilities ignore height.
Sounds good, but I usually don't have problems with spell's vertical tolerance.
Maybe it's better if this one will be merged with Accessory.

QuoteGained JP UP -> Brave Armour -> Increases Brave by five whilst equipped.

Monster Talk -> Faith Armour -> Increases Faith by five whilst equipped.
I'll merge this with Accessory / Armor.

QuoteVehemence -> Dark Filled Rage -> Increases chance to crit by 5-10%

Martial Arts -> Martial Focus -> Increases chance to hit with Monk skills only.

Secret Hunt -> Agility -> Low chance of doing a second attack. One handed weapons only.
Btw, Concentrate is better than Martial Focus in term of increasing hit rate.
Default critical chance is 4%, which is pretty low, and Attack Up is still better.
I'll merge them with accessory.

QuoteThrow Item -> Medical Specialty -> Increases the effect healing items have by 25-75%
Yeah, this one is needed, so I'll probably make it into new support ability.

QuoteHP Boost -> Death Guard -> Immune to Death Spells / Doom Fist
Hmmm, there's rarely any spell that Add:Dead and we already have Angel Ring for protection against Death spell.

QuoteWhat about an feature of FF 5.
Whenever you equip a skillset you gain the class'es orignal atribute multiplier?
I.e. you could get 130 MA multiplier if you equip time magic on your geomancer.
Or maybe the other way around, if you equip "equip sword", you get more PA multiplier.

I'm planning to merge the stat bonus with accessory to fix FFT's accessory system, something like :
Power Wrist  : Decreases PaC by X, Increases PaM by Y
Sprint Shoes : Decreases SpC by X, Increases SpM by Y

If you take closer look at accessory system, most of them are designed to be better than other :
Bracer >>>> Power Wrist.
Feather Mantle >>>> Small Mantle.
Germinas Boots >>>> Battle Boots.

Once you get Bracer there's no reason to use Power Wrist.
And most of the time equipping Mantle is better than any accessory,
unless you need status protection or small stat bonus.

To fix this system, each accessory type should contain some hidden bonus,
like increasing stealing rate, increasing critical chance, or hidden support ability like Undead in Cursed Ring.

One more thing, support ability should be powerful, but not too powerful like Two Swords / Two Hands.
It should give you 'big' advantage when you use it in battle.
Some good example of it would be Attack Up, Defense UP, Magic Attack Up, Magic Defense Up, Concentrate, Half MP and Short Charge.
'Weak' support ability like increasing chance to steal will be merged with accessory.