• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

The Ranger does not always join you.  The Beastmaster randomly comes in with 0-2 Chocobos and 0-2 Bombs.  If you get a 0 roll be happy.

I know about the other bugs, there hasn't been a release to fix those because I'm trying to clean up some unrelated bugs and get them all fixed in a single release.

The Damned

(Okay. I see.)

I guess I just got unlucky twice then when I attempted it again last night. Oh well....

There was something else "odd" I had noticed, but now I can't remember what it was. Hmm....

Oh! You probably already aware of these two things if you're aware of the other, but I noticed them before kicking the Lamia Harem's ass again:

1. Dante's Dash skill is blocked by Silence for some reason even though his other skills (at least in Trickster, though I don't have Air Trick) aren't.

2. Cloud's Finish Touch is susceptible to Double Magic while his other Limits don't seem to be. This one seems like more likely to be intentional though.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(I see.)

So, outside of the video that I literally just posted in the Battle Log thread showing two possible issues, I've noticed that Shove seems like it might be acting up as well.

I tried to show that non-riding unit Ranger into the water at Bariaus Valley and he just stayed in place. Not sure why, though now that I think about it, I can't ever remember seeing a unit get Knockbacked into water. So maybe it's hardcoded for that not to happen since some units have "Cannot Enter Water". Hmmm....

(For the other two glitches, I figure I'll say that the lesser one is Break Magic doing a lot more than the 50% of MP damage it's described as supposed to be doing. The other one has to be seen to be "believed".)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

It would help if you posted the timestamps for each error in your bug report so I can find them easier when I wake up tomorrow.  Saves me a good 20+ minutes and ensures I actually see all the same bugs you did.

The Damned

(Ah, apologies. I refrained from posting links since it felt like that would be whoring myself.

It help that I quite literally forgot how to link to specific times for a bit.)

Also, I figured it was rather obvious that the most important of the glitches was at the end of the video I just posted. Regardless, that one occurs around 17:25.

The Magic Break one is shown around 14:40.

As for the Shove one, I either didn't record it or it was in the very last recording I did, which was Thursday night, meaning it probably won't be up until next Thursday at the earliest. I'll perhaps have tested it fully by that point though, so....

alkarl

May 12, 2013, 12:22:32 pm #126 Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:54:16 pm by alkarl
I haven't actually dug too deep into the descriptions or noticed any big bugs other than the no damage shown for crossbows or damage shown twice, but I just threw together a few mistypes as I went through. Only up to Sweegy Woods so not too much... anywho.

At the event with Tesnya at Dorter, Agrias says this after intervening, "With some digging, I quickly learned that then 'Duke of Lionel' was here, and... Should be "the"

In the same scene she says "Never would I abandon a friend whose in need."  I think it's supposed to be who's. Could also be who is, if that flows better.

In Dorter and Barius Valley(possibly)  Tesnya got switched around to Tesyna.

Delita's conversation with Romar after Tesnya got axe'd, he says Tesnya shouldn't have been chasing down "rouge agents." Should be rogue.

Again nothing major, and I'm thoroughly enjoying the patch. Excellent work!

-Edit-

When using the Knight skill Invigorate, it doesn't follow it's target. I don't know if this is intended or not, but thought I'd ask anyway.

The Damned

(Invigorate isn't supposed to follow its target. Not every ability with a CT followed its target, even in vanilla.)

Here's two things I noticed in the past...eight hours playing the game:

1. The female Wizard at Bariaus Valley South, the one who is comes in riding a Chocobo, is flagged as male.

2. Counter Deathblow seems to be acting...odd with regards to monsters. (And maybe humans as well.) I got hit by Dragons' world-ending shit and, despite the fact they already have 300+ HP, the resulting Counter Deathblow only did 80. What.

I still need to check out some other things, but that's all I've noticed for now.

RavenOfRazgriz

I think I know why (Cntr) Deathblow is behaving oddly.  The X and Y labels in FFTPatcher are probably backwards because people can't document formula properly.  300 *.3 = 90.  I'll look into that later today.

If it seems like we're replying to bug reports less, don't worry, we're working to make the next bugfix release address a very large amount of errors all at once, and working on Chapter 2 at the same time, so we've had less time to be spamming new bugfix releases.  It's better off this way anyway, since people don't need to constantly download new patches and update their game. 

kyozo22

Hey, dunno if this has been reported, but the generic Wizard can't learn Death - it'll take the jp but not learn the spell.

Like I say, dont know if its been reported or not, but thought I'd say. Enjoying these randoms, they're great fun!
  • Modding version: WotL

The Damned

(Out of curiosity, which Death was learned, kyozo22? I doubt it will change much and, hell, it may be the reason why generic Wizard can't learn Death since there's accidentally two of them presently. That said, I'm just wondering if it's the one replacing Tornado currently or the "actual" Death. The AI might be have to learn both of them at present to actually use it, which could have rather...interesting applications.)

Anyway, conjecture aside, I noticed something else about an hour ago that I can't tell if is intentional from the update post about version 1.8:

Is the 25% HP damage that Phoenix Down was changed to do to those with Undead status supposed to go off Max HP or Current HP? I ask because I idly noticed it's currently going off the latter apparently.

Other than that, the other only thing I've noticed so far (that might be a bug) is that Jump seems to be capping at 7 Jump for some reason. I could have sworn it went higher in vanilla, ARENA and other patches, but maybe it doesn't. Hmm....

Eternal

It can functionally go higher, it just won't display in the menu as anything above 7.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

The Damned

May 15, 2013, 10:17:39 pm #132 Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 08:58:27 am by The Damned
(I see.)

Hunh. That's odd. Never noticed. Wonder if this will affect my plans for some monsters then....

Regardless, thanks Eternal.

Raven, I'll try and have the Shove stuff figured out by Friday. I have to head back to Bariaus Valley though. That shouldn't take too long, though, considering I at most have six battles left to record in the northwest; maybe seven, but Sweegy Woods East seems to only have one encounter unless I'm just getting extremely unlucky encountering the other one (again).

kyozo22

I could learn the 'original' one, I think.
  • Modding version: WotL

alkarl

Back again with a couple of things. I know this isn't the place but I just finished it and my overall feeling/experience... is freaking excellent. I loved it, great script, story, events, sprites, the ASM work is superb and...ahem.

Anyhow, just a couple of typos I'll throw in the spoiler here

Sephiroth @ Zigolis Swamp "I suppose I should thank those monsters for weaking you..."

Snake @ Goug First Visit "I'm also glad it worked. Congradulations, Link."  (Not sure if this one is correct or just a difference in native languages or...you get the idea. Preference, really.)

Agrias @ Thieves Den   "Let's heaad for Lionel and get some rest."

Cloud @ Lionel Castle  "I've defeated him more that once before... and yet..."

Also a couple more things, the Female Priest @ Mandalia Plains East encounter is flagged as male.

MA Save states in the description PA +1.

Sorry if any of those have been brought up already. I'll be doing more playthroughs/grinding/exploring/etc so I'll be around!

cowcow96

I didnt read all replies so sry if this bug was already reported. Whenn my charakters move with the ability move-get-jb the number of jb dont appears sometimes but I know that i get the Job Points so it is only a little text bug i think.

The Damned

May 24, 2013, 08:49:31 pm #136 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:11:44 pm by The Damned
(Move-Get Jp won't function if the character is Oiled or Confused and maybe still if Berserk[ed]. If it's not any of those things, then, yes, it's probably a bug; otherwise, no. Your information is too vague to tell though.)

Oh, good, alkarl also noticed the female Priest being male thing at Mandalia. (Ugh EDIT: NOT Sweegy. Such an idiot.) I only noticed a day before that post myself, but failed to report it. Then when I recorded that random encounter last night, I had the sound off, so I'll have to note it in video (like with that Wizard at Bariaus Valley); otherwise, it would be nigh impossible to tell.

Anyway, far more disconcerting is a big problem I've noticed just in playing last night and screwing around at Mandalia Plains & Bariaus Valley. In fact, it's such a big problem that it's almost impossible for someone on the staff not to have noticed at this point, but I'll note it formally anyway: percentage-based abilities are currently utterly fucked-up when targeting monsters and, for some reason, Dante.

What I mean by this is that at present, if you target a percentage-based ability on a monster or monsters, you'll be lucky to be breaking double digit damage (as in 11 HP at best)...even when those monsters are already breaking 300 HP (and your face). So far I've noted this affects Soul Taker, Death & Gravity and it probably affects other things. The previously reported Phoenix Down and Counter Deathblow's issues, however, seem slightly different than these since the former almost definitely seems based on Current HP, not Max HP, even on humans and the latter still does decent damage on monsters, just not nearly as much it should.

I'm not sure why the hell it's affecting Dante (and only Dante of the Five), even if he is a half-demon. Whatever the reason, though, it means that Royalguard's Ultimate ability is currently trash because it heals only 11 HP...for 12 MP. So basically it's half a dozen times as expensive as Flipper on a style that has no offense and, now, has no healing. Joy.

Even more vexing is that when I was doing the aforementioned screwing around, it seemed like this effect "wore off" on a Critical Yellow Chocobo, so the Critical status might dispel it or it might have just been that Chocobo. Still, given that this is similar to that Floating Lamia I showed in v1.3 before Pride's fix, it probably wasn't just that Chocobo and it might be related to that previous elemental (or Holy Arrow) problem.

Given part of the reason I was screwing around last night was test to Shove, I finally finished testing that (as I should have last Friday). The "bug" I reported last time seems to not have been a bug, but merely a little known aspect of the game that's nigh impossible to notice since nothing in vanilla was guaranteed to cause Knockback: you cannot, apparently, be knocked back into water tiles, even if you can move in water, even if you are in water and even if you are Floating above the water.

It's weird, but that's what it seems to be. At present, I've decided this doesn't need a video.

The Damned

(Sigh. I loathe double-posting, but I forgot to post some things yesterday. Of course.)

Well, I also discovered more issues yesterday after finally getting Train and Beastmaster Supports, but I still forgot at least two things I had also meant to report above.

First, though, I'll say that for some reason, the MP-damage percentage-based moves of Circle and Break Magic work fine on monsters (and Dante), even though the latter has the previously reported problem of doing too much. I figured that deserved a slight amendment.

As for the other problems, well...I'll just enumerate those:

1. Jumping with a Knight's Sword seems to do double the damage of the normal attack, which means that Jumping with one of those would do more damage than a Spear despite the fact that Spears are supposed to be strongest with Jump. It might just be Snake and his crappy Brave skewing results though (and Spears still not being available for me yet), but...yeah, Knight's Swords are doing more damage than they should seem to. (*realizes he should test Asura too now*)

2. Chicken Run is doing -30 Brave despite the fact that its description says it should be doing only -20 Brave. Combine this with its hit rate, its range, it being instant and Chicken only recovering -1 Brave still and Hello, abusiveness.

3. Mass Hypnosis is only single-target and can target self despite the fact it's at least supposed to be AoE 1.

4. Munch may not be working at all. I need to double check this one and possibly just got really unlucky considering my horrible luck considering an actual percentage shows up, but not even a "missed!" seems to happen like it would/should otherwise.

I feel like I might be forgetting something else now, but that might just me having forgotten that magickal attacks don't trigger Train or whatever. Hurray.

RavenOfRazgriz

There will be a bugfix out soon-ish.

No one can replicate your %HP problem, The Damned, so I can only assume you applied to a dirty or faulty ISO to get that error.

The Damned

(Hunh. Weird. I'm 99% sure that I applied to a clean ISO since I've been using same source ISO, re-copied of course, for every patch since I've been here the past years.)

I'll tell you what, though. I'll try re-patching 1.941 on to a different copy and see if I can replicate it, especially now that a new version is out.

Regardless, I guess that's for the best, so I'd rather it have be particular to me than a universal problem. I at least got it on recording too.