• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 05:22:01 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

¡ǝbpop oʇ ןןoɹ

Started by PX_Timefordeath, September 12, 2011, 03:24:12 pm

Kokojo

September 27, 2011, 10:21:59 pm #120 Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:23:29 pm by Kokojo
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz
> Savagely rip off and eat Eternal's ear Mike Tyson-style to restore health yet again as revenge for his shitty dice-rolling.

Your roll : 2

You fail at this. So much. Quit.

Quote from: Kalas
> Calmly explain to this demon that I would much prefer he do the ramming as I'm sturdier than the great wall of China!

Your roll : 1

You instead hint that you would like the demon to bow down and get it from behind. He cries and goes home.

Quote from: Kokojo
> Will take the game back as well as attack Kalas with a bumblebee.

Your roll : 2 (-1)

You take the game back now and you HEAL kalas with a squaretoad.(+1 to next Kalas roll)

Quote from: st4rw4k3r
> Realize Demons are asses! Screw demons, screw pants! and screw cows! Also take note that Anger is bad, I must not become angry!  Insert 4 quarters for a credit, and get a new life. (Raise)

Your roll : 5

You get a new life! You get wings, a helmet, a sword, and a kick-ass voice as well. (+1 to next roll)

Quote from: Dome
> I start to fertilize the ground with my undead flesh, in order to get an undead-man eating plant ASAP

Your roll : 6

You : You get a man-eating plant FLESH. Hell yeah! (+1 to cannibalistic actions)

Quote from: Tigerspike
> Give the demons paper cuts, and pour lemon juice in their wounds.

You don't do it, bro.

Quote from: Joseph Strife
> Take out my guns Ebony and Ivory and start shooting the demons off.

Your roll : 6 (+1)

You shoot the demons! You shoot them so much, they burn, and as they die, they twirl, so it creates a tornado of fire! Oh noes! BUT THEN IT TRANSFORM IN A LION AND TELLS YOU YOUR COURAGE IS NEEDED! Will you travel to narnia, or will you refuse. The last choice will destroy everything since time travel is pretty much impossible.

JOSEPH STRIFE MUST CHOOSE!

Quote from: VampragonLord
>As things clearly werent working out with that unfriendly female demon, begin seeking a friendlier female demon. Hell is lesbians as they say. or something like that. either way i need a bride to help me rule.

You stay with that demon, noob.

[/quote]
Quote from: Lijj
> All of the mini Lijj dispensers come to life and start chewing the demons up like ants on a desert carcass. The grenades blow up and break the vials which releases a noxious gas confusing and or zombifying all.

Your mini Lijj are too busy doing pixel work.

Players Table
Kokojo - Has wings, and a Women bomb that can -1 roll a target. -1 to next roll.
Eternal248-  Immune to magic.
VampdragonLord - Dead,
RavenofRagriz - Has a Force-a-player-to-do-a-suicidal-action hat.
Dome - Has a power ring. Gets +1ed by anyone that attacks him.-1 to non-agressive roll. +1 to cannibalistic actions.
St4rwalk3r - +1 to next roll. Has a -1 to roll curse box.
PX-
Lijj - -1 to next roll
Joseph Strife - Dead,
Kalas -
Twinees: Dead. -1 to next roll.
Tigerspike -

If I get confused with the player tables, tell me.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kalas

st4rw4k3r

> Realize, that you have no clue where you are. Look around.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

> Onward to Narnia! ( answering the Lion )
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Lijj

> The big LIJJ dispenser barfs up a big black cloud that when passes over Joseph Strife pixelates him which gives the mini LIJJ dispensers the ability to work with his entire form. They decide to make him into a weak little octogenarian with no more guns.
  • Modding version: PSX

VampragonLord

>interfere with Lijj's spell, using her powers of undeath to instead turn him into a cthulhu octopus
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Tigerspike

> Try to find an item of power!
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Eternal

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Lijj

September 29, 2011, 02:39:17 pm #129 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:04:59 pm by Lijj
Good thing I have the gaggle of gobbling turkeys mounted with laser cannons lead by the fierce mammoth turkey renowned far and wide called Turcules on my side. They are coming our way off in the distance.
I wanted to ally with you Vampy but now when the time comes the horde of turkeys will come for you. ;0

Kaijyuu

> Pull a "not quite dead" ploy and come back as a villain after a long absence. Preferably with an awesome mask.

Twinees

>My corpse has rotted, is full of maggots and is plagued by the flu

Kokojo

Going away till the 2nd.

:3

Someone take over if you will.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Joseph Strife

Some please take it roll it now, maybe Et... you already didi it one time.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Lijj

Damn it! That's turkeydick Kokojo!

formerdeathcorps

October 01, 2011, 05:16:59 am #135 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 05:34:44 am by formerdeathcorps
ST4R, please follow the rules for this RP.

1 - Epic Fail: The exact opposite happens
2 - Fail: You fail to complete the action
3 - Troubling Success: You complete the action, however not without trouble or damage.
4 - Success: You complete the action. That's it.
5 - Perfect Success: You complete the action well enough that you receive a boost from the outcome
6 - Overshoot: You complete the action so utterly thoroughly that something unintended happens.

Of course, the other part of the reason why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" is because you also have to dodge things. Players may attack one another, and the Environment (as well as any denizens of which) may attack players of their own free will as well. If you are attacked, I will automatically roll for your character. Here is a breakdown of how the roll affects you:

1 - Fatal Wound: You die
2 - Serious Wound: If attacked again within the next two turns, if you roll a 3 or lower, you will die.
3 - Grazed Wound: Your next roll will suffer a -1 penelty
4 - Graze Clothing: You take no damage, Nothing happens
5 - Graze Score: Your next roll will gain a +1 boon
6 - Counter: The attack will - If a player - be forced to roll to dodge, or if part of the environment, be destroied/defeated.

Also, certain effects only last for one turn.  They are not permanent.  This means the turn should look something like:

Quote from: Kalas
> Wax philosophy with Koko.

Roll = 1

You fail. Just lay on the ground.

Quote from: ST4R
> Realize, that you have no clue where you are. Look around.

Roll = 3+(+1-1)=3

You are standing in a village, one problem though, everyone is wearing pants.  (Cannot target any player next turn)

Quote from: Dome
> Eats Twinees corpse

Roll = 4+(1)=5

You eat Twinees...and chew through the maggots and phlegm.  YOU DEMAND MOAR!!!  (+1 to any taboo action until the end of the next turn)

Quote from: Twin
>My corpse has rotted, is full of maggots and is plagued by the flu

Roll = 6+(-1)=5

You're a disease carrying, festering, lump of maggot infested waste of a corpse.  And yet, a spark of life seems to emerge from your chest as Dome's plant starts to devour your arms.  (+1 roll)

DOME must ROLL TO DODGE

Roll = 4(+1)(-1) = 4

Dome's immune system is already used to cannibalism, so he suffers no ill effects from eating infected meat.

Quote from: Joseph Strife
> Onward to Narnia! ( answering the Lion )

Roll = 4

The tornado sucks you up and drops you of in a cold room. You notice that there are rock statues everywhere. The statues look abnormally realistic. You hear a voice of a lady calling your name....and you answer her call, not noticing that your weapons are now missing.

Quote from: ||||
> The big LIJJ dispenser barfs up a big black cloud that when passes over Joseph Strife pixelates him which gives the mini LIJJ dispensers the ability to work with his entire form. They decide to make him into a weak little octogenarian with no more guns.

Roll = 6+(-1)=5

The black swarm enshrouds Joseph Strife as a LIJJ dice pops out of the dispenser into your hands.  (Extra dice roll on any given turn with a roll < 4, only the maximum result is taken)

Joesph Strife must ROLL TO DODGE!

Roll = 6

The swirling whirlwind acts like a massive fan and Lijj's black cloud is blown right back to the source.

LIJJ must ROLL TO DODGE!

Roll = 5

The black cloud returns to its source, but the dispenser now begins to glow.  (+1 to any effect next turn by the LIJJ dispenser)

Quote from: CC
>interfere with Lijj's spell, using her powers of undeath to instead turn him into a cthulhu octopus

Roll = 1

You fail and become the Cthulu Octopus instead.

Quote from: Tigerspike
> Try to find an item of power!

Roll = 2

You follow the instructions that an oracle gave you. After hours of traveling through a forest, you find that you are lost, hungry, and penniless (-1 to next roll)

Quote from: ET
>Summon a time machine.

Roll = 6

A closed time curve collapses upon Eternal as he vanishes into a point of light.  ETernal can now modify all of time and space!  Unfortunately, a growing black hole has taken his place, drawing everything around it inwards.

The world will be destroyed for all except ETernal in 3 TURNS!  PREPARE YOURSELVES!

Quote from: Kaijyuu
> Pull a "not quite dead" ploy and come back as a villain after a long absence. Preferably with an awesome mask.

Roll = 6

You come back as a villain. You find a freaking awesome mask! You put it on right away. All reality seems to become a cartoon, that or you're just insane, or both.  Your maniacal laughter sends shockwaves of craziness everywhere.

All living units in play (except Kaijyuu) must ROLL TO DODGE!

ETernal
Roll = 3

The spreading shockwave reaches even the alternate realm Eternal is in, shattering his magic immunity, but not his will.

Dome
Roll = 3(+1)(-1) = 3

Dome is the spam mod and ignores Kaijyuu's trolling attempt.  However, double activation of his power ring causes it to overheat and shatter.

ST4R
Roll = 5

ST4R is well-versed in insanity theory.  Kaijyuu's mediocre attempt only bolsters his knowledge of the subject.  (+1 to the next 2 irrational actions)

||||
Roll = 5

Lijj has seen crazier stuff in his dreams.  He yawns and dreams something awesome.  (Cannot be killed next turn)

Joseph Strife
Roll = 5

Aslan's roar overpowers the noise of Kaijyuu.  It also shatters one of the statues, revealing his two guns.  (Re-equipped)

Tigerspike
Roll = 5(-1) = 4

You delve deeper into the woods to escape the noise, but you still are hungry and broke.  You wash your face besides a cold brook.

ACTIVE EFFECTS: Black Hole (3 turns)
PLAYERS:
Eternal248 - Can modify time (force re-roll 1 other player's action once, where the minimum of both is the accepted value), not affected by Black Hole
Dome - -1 to non-aggressive roll. +1 to cannibalistic actions. +1 next Taboo Action (1 turn)
St4rwalk3r - Cannot target players (1 turn), +1 to the next 2 irrational actions, Has a -1 to roll curse box.
Lijj - Cannot be killed (1 turn), Extra Dice, +1 to LIJJ Dispenser action (1 turn)
Joseph Strife - None
Tigerspike - None
VampdragonLord (dead) - is a Cthulu Octopus.
Kalas (dead) -
Twinees (dead) - +1 Roll (lasts until not dead)
Kokojo (inactive)- Has wings, and a Women bomb that can -1 roll a target. -1 to next roll.
RavenofRagriz (inactive)- Has a Force-a-player-to-do-a-suicidal-action hat.
PX (inactive)-

EDIT: I know...technically, what I did isn't following the rules either, but I'd like to propose two more rules
A) +/-1 to next roll if condition A is true applies to any subsequent roll where the condition is satisfied, even if it's on a counterattack (rather than on a player's turn).  This means Dome's -1 to non-aggressive also means -1 to any defensive technique < 5 (where Dome wouldn't counterattack).
B) For flavor reasons, I can definitely think of more fun mechanics than just granting +1/-1 on rolls of 3/5.

EDIT2: Since Joseph posted after ST4R, I suggest he remake his post after my post.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

That's better now fdc. I am in Narnia, does this Black Role affects me as well!?  =/

> Ask the lady why my courage is needed here and what needs to be done ( I hope it takes long so i can avoid the black role being in Narnia )

VampragonLord

>Now that I am the long lost daughter of Davy Jones, I attempt to flee from the locker and return to the realm of the living, riding the Flying Dutchman.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

st4rw4k3r

> Realize there is nothing I can do to save this town. Run away.