• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 01:38:29 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Haunting Ground - Fiona Belli

Started by Maa_Kun, December 23, 2011, 11:14:28 pm

Maa_Kun

December 23, 2011, 11:14:28 pm Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:11:18 am by Maa_Kun
So yeah... i'm new here, hey!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but eh... i tripped over lots of broken links. So lemme apologize beforehand, if anything.

Well! This is a little edit using the Generic Female Thief spritesheet from Ran Master 27 as a base. It's (Or it's supposed to be) Fiona Belli from Haunting Ground, and it's my first attempt at sprite editing, so i apologize if it's too crappy. >_>

Edited cause the image was too big, also ": x" makes for "mad"? Interesting...
-Vanille: Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now.
-Me: Hm, reminds me of FFH's motto... though it -does- sound kinda chees-
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

formerdeathcorps

For a first time work, this is acceptable, but incomplete.

1) It doesn't look like Fiona has a ponytail, but your sprite still has it.
2) Your portrait still has black hair.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

GeneralStrife

the hair is too saturated, look at other light blonde characters

Maa_Kun

December 24, 2011, 02:04:39 am #3 Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 02:29:09 am by Maa_Kun
@formerdeathcorps: Oh, she does have a ponytail, which is why i chose that sprite... as for the portrait, i haven't figured out how to edit it properly.
@General Strife: Really? I was kinda aiming for "white-blonde", but hm...
-Vanille: Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here, and now.
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

GeneralStrife

Lijj

The blue thing on her collar is only in the front view and a few other frames.
What the hair needs is more contrast between the shades. Them all being light makes it look flat. The orangish-peach color in the hair is not good. The main color needs to be the same as the gray you use in the hair but lighter maybe. And the one that's already gray needs to be darker shade of the same hue.
Also the highlight is darker than the hair right now. That makes it look weird.. make it just a lighter shade of the same hue as well.
I think also the skirt could be more like the color from the image posted.
  • Modding version: PSX

Maa_Kun

@Mr. Strife: D'oh, thanks a lot. Guess i didn't look EVERYwhere i should've, sorry. ._.
@Lijj: Thanks for the observation, i'll see what i can do!
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

3lric

:O I love Haunting Ground. Can't wait to see the finished product  :mrgreen:

Maa_Kun

Kinda like this?
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

3lric

I like it, but it just seems to light to look right in FFT to me.

GeneralStrife

Yeah, your hair is too bright, shades are too close together. portrait...is...well I can't tell atm but its kinda the same way

Maa_Kun

Hm, here's how it came out...
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

3lric

I've always been told that its betst to use pre-existing FFT colors for everything for it to look best

Wolfran

I suggest you to check on Alma with white hair, is not too bright but it would look better.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

I looked closer on it as you asked, but I didn't even know where to start. Firstly it is beyond 16 colors, so you will need to drop it. Another thing is the color choice, you surely didn't take them from FFT, and they clash way too much. The size of head is also wrong, it is too small, you should use more parts from existing portraits, and modify them A LITTLE BIT right now, untill you get more practice. The chest is very wrongly shaded, and looks as if something was about to come out of it(light source is at fault here), and shouldrs are smaller than chest itself and placed quite low, which is another proportions issue.

Overall I couldn't fix it, cause there was too much wrong, it would be easier to start over, and use way more copy/pasting and FFT colors right now. Do custom work once you get used to FFT style.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Maa_Kun

That's... really, that's a lot easier than trying to fix it without knowing what was wrong (or right) with it. >_> Least now i know what to do!

(Edit: Here's what i came up with. .-. For the blues i used the M-Chemist's sprite.)
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

3lric

Quote from: Maa_Kun on December 28, 2011, 05:14:15 pm
That's... really, that's a lot easier than trying to fix it without knowing what was wrong (or right) with it. >_> Least now i know what to do!

(Edit: Here's what i came up with. .-. For the blues i used the M-Chemist's sprite.)

Wow, i like that quite a bit, thats a bit improvement. Is that only using 16 colors tho?

Maa_Kun

Yup, it's 16 colors! I also tried limiting the spritesheet palette to 16 colors, now it looks like this:
*Death'd*

I like FFXIII.
*cowers*

Kagebunji

I did some work on the portrait, mainly clean-up. The ear should be visible, so I added it, and erased the bad chunk of hair by doing this. Another thing is the blue, you should drop the brightest one and make it into another shade of white(you have only two of those, and clothes looks flat cause of it). Remember to take colors from FFT. Once you update the palette, I will move further with this portrait.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GeneralStrife

First thing I noticed look at the side frame is the boot is colored like the skirt for whatever reason, it doesn't look right. Make sure to take colors from other sprites