• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:51:36 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

You should always keep a hard save on a Memory Card like any game.  If you have a Save State that's directly before an actual Save menu, Save the reload from the Memory Card.  Otherwise, as long as you have a Save State that's somewhere like the Formation Screen between battles that has a Loading... screen you *should* be okay but there's no promises.

Journey of the Five uses its own Save Files that differ from Vanilla though so there's no reason to not keep a proper Save.

Kokojo

My playtrought : (Shall I use a new topic?)

[youtube]obYj-j-YJgM[youtube]
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

3lric

Holy God Barren, what happened to your link?
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Quote from: Elric on April 12, 2013, 07:35:29 pm
Holy God Barren, what happened to your link?

somehow I screwed up. Its fixed now

3lric

Very nice, Watched, Liked and Commented.

formerdeathcorps

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Avalanche

After several trials and some Jp Grinding to get holy shot and climhazard i Finaly beat Ganandorf. I just gave everyone "distribute" and "sacrifize" and than the battle was quite easy. The damage mainly came from Mustadio and ocasionaly some "holy shots" by Link and some "steasy swords" by Agrias, who all kept alive with distribute. Climhazard never got used due to its very high charging time.

Jumza

April 14, 2013, 08:42:28 am #148 Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:10:18 pm by Jumza
Me VS the Hypnotoads!

One Mark down, one to go!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Pride

Quote from: Avalanche on April 14, 2013, 06:43:43 am
After several trials and some Jp Grinding to get holy shot and climhazard i Finaly beat Ganandorf. I just gave everyone "distribute" and "sacrifize" and than the battle was quite easy. The damage mainly came from Mustadio and ocasionaly some "holy shots" by Link and some "steasy swords" by Agrias, who all kept alive with distribute. Climhazard never got used due to its very high charging time.

I had a similar strategy where I lined up my units with Dante's Royal Guard then used Sacrifice (since its unaffected by Zombie) to keep all the health up while Link had Faith Up to boost un-dodgable Shocks, Agrias and Mustadio were worthless. :x
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

The Damned

(Sigh. Of course something would happen.)

So my "mass" update will have to wait to be uploaded until tomorrow (as will the rest of my ARENA videos) since my regular Internet still isn't fixed and I forgot just how horrible (read: slow) this particular Internet becomes when trying to download or upload anything after a certain amount of data.

Perhaps that's for the best though given how long formerdeathcorps's video is...even though I can't watch it yet due to the aforementioned problem.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Jumza

[youtube]IgCtMXsCXss[youtube]

The first time I did this fight, I had the same strategy but everything actually hit. This time around not a lot of stuff did, and it's kind of fun to watch me struggle.

Also bad sound quality >.< Damn you Toshiba Power Saving Options!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Barren

Just a random battle video for now. The next story line battle will come tomorrow

FFT: Jot5 Walkthrough Part 5

charles099

thanks for the help on the final boss he was hard
I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

Barren

charles099

I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

The Damned

April 25, 2013, 04:13:50 am #158 Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:14:51 pm by The Damned
(Oh right. I never finished watching Dokurider's "Battle Logs". I should do that now.)

So, I finally started posting videos. It took quite a bit longer than it should have, partly because I belatedly decided to try to account for all the OST music since I'm doing cut-scenes in normal speed and such; I got stuck on Cloud's theme for a while until I asked Elric, though I still don't know where "Fear After" is from....

I also had to make sure that my long descriptions--it took a while to decide on the format--were written out well before I posted since I had intended to make it public from the get-go, but I forgot I have things still defaulting to Unlisted. As long as that still notifies people when I switch to Public, then I'll probably leave it like that.

Additionally, adding annotations and having to trim the first description a bit so I didn't hit Youtube's word limit took a bit of time. But here, I've finally posted four:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.3: New Beginnings and New Faces - Story Battle 1 [26:46]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.3: Lengthy Introductions [18:13]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.3: Ramza: Native-American Studies Major - Story Battle 2 [16:43]

4. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.3: Alma: Forgot MBarrier/Aegis. ...Damn. - Story Battle 3 [16:35]

Only the first one really has annotations presently. Not that the second video has need of any really since nothing really happens there.

Please tell me if I over did on the annotations for one reason or another.

I'll be upgrading my "copy" of the game to v1.91 now (after I record one more old "glitch"), but the game will be v1.3 until after the Araguay East random battles are done.

Regardless, thanks again, Raven, Elric and all others who worked on this.

Precise EDIT: Editted the names to match the re-posted videos, which now all have annotations, and added the time duration.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Durbs

"Tough. Blame yourself or RavenofRazgriz."

I laughed too hard at that.