• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 10, 2024, 06:17:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Boredom

Started by PX_Timefordeath, June 23, 2010, 10:27:25 pm

PX_Timefordeath

Anyone got some good animê to recommend? I'm just about to finish Umineko and have no idea what to watch now.

Wiz

Try looking into the "Deathnote" series. It's got the theme of spy vs spy coped with psychological mindgames attached to  it, which makes it truly one of the most well-articulated animes of all time. Personally, I'd reccomend to watch the english dub, but that's just me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

PX_Timefordeath

Finished that a while ago. Definitely a good series(screw Near/Mello)

BloodyBlade

LastingDawn

I still say Revolutionary Girl Utena, PX. If you're into shows with deep meaning, I fully suggest that out. Remember though that the first 13 episodes are only to set a mood, it gets fantastic from thereon out.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Dokurider

Try Baccano! I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Darker than Black is pretty good, the second season came out recently.

You could also look up some Osamu Tezuka manga/anime.

Skip Sandwich

woot for another Utena fan! I'd also recomend the series Kanazuki no Miko, just make sure to  you watch all the way to the end, the finale is really spectacular.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Eat_an_Octorok

If you're looking for a boredom solution that will last you a long time, I'll suggest some series to you that'll last you quite a while, and are pretty awesome.

Hokuto no Ken A.K.A. Fist of the North Star A.K.A. HOLY SHIT HE EXPLODED!

FotNS was made back when shounen was about kicking ass and taking names, rather than seeing teenagers wangst about their homosexual tendencies towards their best bud who's gone evil while losing fights to start a training/tournament arc. If you ever watched Hellsing and wished "Man, if only a shounen could have a main character on Alucard's level of badassery." then FotNS will MAKE ALL OF YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

Legend of the Galatic Heroes

Take Death Note, put it in space, then take out Light's sudden stupidity halfway through the series and those shitty rip-offs of L, Near/Mellow, and you've got an epic space drama between two brilliant minds trying to one up each other in intergalactic space combat. Best 110 episodes you'll watch of anything.

Gintama

Remember when anime used to be funny? Like before it got obsessed with moe humor, awkward situations, harem comedy, and all the other boring tripe of today? Gintama is a kinda recent series that brings back the good old days of anime humor. First 30 episodes are alright, but afterwards the series really takes off. It's got over 200 episodes, so those first 30 are a drop in the bucket, and they still have their humor so you won't be disappointed.

Case Closed A.K.A. Detective Conan

With over a whopping 580 episodes, and STILL GOING, this series will probably last you till the end of time. This series has been running for 24 strong, and still doesn't disappoint.

Higurashi

If you watched Umineko, then you've probably already seen this, but just in case.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Ok, this series isn't really long like the others, but no one should pass this one up. This series is anime at it's finest, rivaling Cowboy Bebop in pure awesome factor. If you wanted a title besides Bebop to convince people anime isn't all about school girls getting tentacle raped (even though it is) then this is a perfect choice.

Inuyasha

Hahahah, no just kidding. This series sucks donkey dongs. Go kill yourself if you enjoy it.