• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:02:15 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

Barren

I guess my undead idea didn't work as well as i thought...ahh well
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dokurider

Yeah, you had quite a bit too much going on with your team there.

Malroth

Would have worked much better if Lancer was unit 1 and Archer was unit 2 and a speed point lower

DomieV

Been awhile since I posted a comment but here it is: I'm surprised my team won the first round considering the double geomancy I was pulling off. But yea, lack of revival did me in eventually. GG TrueLight. That was a good fight

TrueLight

Like Malroth said, Bard=MVP. Timely Raise 2s and Cure 3s. Good match DomieV.
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

(I just realized that I forgot say GGs to Dokurider on Youtube twice yesterday. Also, belated "good curb-stomping of me" to CT5Holy.)

Ugh. I should expected my elemental summon paranoia would screw me over at least in part. Still annoying though.

I'll see if I can issue some changes before I leave in 12 hours, though given that I'm already behind on not even starting a bunch things yet....

Quote from: Dokurider on October 20, 2012, 01:29:51 am
So Transparent doesn't negate Blind after all...

Well, at least we have confirmation that Blind works as it should with regards to Transparent. I think we still need confirmation that Blind negates Concentrate as it should, though.

Quote from: Dokurider on October 20, 2012, 01:29:51 am
Also can anyone confirm Bowgun is working as intended? Or was I just unlucky?

There seem like there might be some problems with procs in general, though we have confirmed that Scorpion Tail and Wiznaibus are working as they should now.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Concentrate still overrides Blind and it should stay that way.

The Damned

(Well, shit.)

While we can argue what Concentrate "should" do, it was supposed to be negated by Blind in 138. Otherwise I would have kvetched even more about it coming back.

Oh well. Might as well abuse that maliciously if it's the case.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Yep, abuse it until people agree it's overpowered. Because I don't think many share the same stance you do Damned.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

(I doubt people are ever going to agree on that, unfortunately.)

I will however intend to try though, even as much as I tend to prefer magick over physically attacking. Regardless, I was more noting that it wasn't changed given that I recall it being said that it would for the initial version of 138; I'm making a mental list to go with that list of suggestions I'll be doing over the weekend.

Speaking of which, thanks for fixing Projectile Guard. However, what exactly did you (intend) to "fix" there?

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on October 26, 2012, 08:13:02 pm
Thank you :D I do my best

Six matches on a Friday?  That is friggin' awesome.  You do indeed rock good sir.
My dreams can come true!

Otabo

Wow, I got destroyed hard. That ninja of yours is insane, Barren.

The Damned

(The hell? Why does Chrome actually work for me now? Guess that means I can maybe  watch Youtube again without it taking literally a dozen of minutes to process as it does in Firefox now.)

Regardless, due to the above Youtube issues still being a concern on my main browser, I was only able to take the time to witness my own ass-kicking. I can't say I'm surprised between how crappy that team is--having 3 Berserk units is just not going to work, at least when they're all close-range--and how tanky Dokurider's team is. It was pretty much a given from seeing how long the video was just as it was loading, especially since both maps were long ones. Not that I'm sure I could have even won on a short/close-range one.

So "Why is the Moon?" goes on indefinite hiatus again. Probably for a long while since I spent (read: wasted) a great of time making three other teams and updating another two that I don't think ever got used.

Regardless, as always, thanks Barren.