• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

June 01, 2024, 10:27:06 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Thinking about enlisting in the Canadian Military

Started by Pickle Girl Fanboy, May 24, 2010, 11:47:11 am

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Can any Canadians tell me what your education system is like?  What are the requirements to graduate your equivalent of high school?  Are there a lot of Baptists, Pentecostals, or other assorted Christian nut-jobs in Canada?  How much does an apartment cost in a mid-sized college town?  What's public transport like up there?  Can you really buy pot?  Are the women up there not like American women (in that they're not stupid, hairy, scary, redneck whores or cold-hearted, gold-digging, Yankee bitches)?  What are your copyright laws like?  Has anyone been fined millions of dollars yet for pirating music in Canada?  Anyone ever served in the military in Canada?  Is there anything I should NOT say to them?

philsov

Shouldn't you become a canadian citizen before enlisting in their military?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Quote from: "philsov"Shouldn't you become a canadian citizen before enlisting in their military?

Never thought of thought of that.  I just assumed it's like the American military, where you can enlist to speed up the naturalization process.

Xifanie

Help us help the Americans forces...?

http://www.forces.ca/html/index.aspx?m= ... 1&subTab=0

So yes, you have to be a Canadian citizen. Which means you have to reside during one year in Canada.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Dokurider

Quote from: "Pickle Girl Fanboy"
Quote from: "philsov"Shouldn't you become a canadian citizen before enlisting in their military?

Never thought of thought of that.  I just assumed it's like the American military, where you can enlist to speed up the naturalization process.

I laugh now, but that's exactly what I thought right up until now.

Meow_von_Lazerstein

Pretty sure you have to be a Citizen of any country to become a Soldier save maybe US and French Foreign Legion.

Dokurider

I too now wish to become Canadian. I just don't think America is going to bounce back from this recession/depression. I don't think it's going to be much better in Canada, but it will be a stepping stone for me to eventually escape to a real 1st world country.

Escape from America: The Dokurider/PBF Story.

Smitson

Wiz

I know this isn't necessarily relevant to the topic, but I've got a question for Zodiac since he's a resident of Canada. Is it fair to say Canadians as a whole or majority won't allow people outside of their country to take one of their domestic-based jobs (i.e. a job within Canada)?

The main reason why I'm asking this is because a couple years from now, I want to immigrate to Canada (I'm from the US and I'll hopefully be a junior in college by then) due to mostly what Doku mentioned last post.

Not only that, but I'm just disgusted where this country's heading politically as well. For instance, the base of the republican party is taking Sarah Palin as a serious political figure x0

But anyways, I want to further note that I got this input/info from my father who traveled internationally (in his previous job) and basically stated that Canadians take precedence in hiring their own people over foreigners like most other countries.

For those reasons I turn to you O'Wise Zodiac. Can you help me out??
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

You could always go on facebook and find a fat whore girlfriend in Canada and marry her for her citizenship.
Wait, what?  Canadian women aren't fat pieces of shit?
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Fast food makes me sick.  Really, physically sick.  Which is why I cook most of my own food.

Even my own home cooked grease fries and onion rings don't make me feel as horrible as a McDonald's hash brown.  Even their fucking salads are nasty.  Granted, I use olive oil or peanut oil or something with low saturated fat and trans fat, so that's gotta help.

What's the difference between the four types of fat?  Saturated, Trans, Polyunsaturated, and Monounsaturated.  What should I avoid, what's good for me, that sort of thing.

Xifanie

IIRC

Saturated: Increases bad cholesterol.
Trans: double-edged, increases bad cholesterol and lowers good cholesterol.
Unsaturated fats are good.

Samuraiblackbelt

saturated fats are "more water resistant" than unsaturated fats, so your body can't get rid of them as easily
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."