• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics V1.3

Started by Archael, May 01, 2008, 07:27:46 pm

Lydyn

May 07, 2008, 12:18:23 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh, I see what you're saying. Well, just change forumlas of the ruin skills then, to 2C and 2B instead of leaving them as MA-based skills. Especially since you're reworking Zalbag's skillset anyways (might as well, I suppose, as long as he doesn't make the fight vs. Dycedarg too easy).

Normally it's not a huge deal since Zalbag only joins you for one battle as it is, and he doesn't really use them that often as he usually opts for attack instead.

Anyways, the point being, change the forumlas! Instead of making it complicated and difficult on yourself, just make the forumlas the same as the break skills and lower the -Speed/PA/MA of the skills. ^^ Then you're free to make them 0 MP, 0 CT and raise the JP cost on them.

Archael

May 07, 2008, 04:28:21 pm #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
will do ^^

Kamikaze_Ice

May 08, 2008, 02:49:18 am #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
figured there might be some others who dont read the gamefaqs thread so i thought i'd post my idea here as well.

Knights, their swords, and Mr. overpowered Cid (and other swordskill users).
one idea that i've been using in my own tweaked version of 1.2 involves making Knights the only class that can use Knight Swords.

so, what i did, was change classes/skills so only knights are able to use knight swords (including cloud, and removed materia blade requirement so he can only use it with knight swords).

took a few normal swords from each chapter and made them knight swords (like Iron Sword in chapter 1) and also turned a few knight swords into normal swords, like excalibur (with what i thought was a decent nerf)

this way your knights will beable to use the high damage knight swords but the few swordskillers cant.

*actually now that i think about it, you'd probbaly have to swap knight swords and katanas around to prevent cid or arigas from going to knight class and using sword skills that way. (havent tested it much my way as i just leave them in default class)

note: * might apply since i believe the option for "Requires Sword" in the abilities tab coveres Swords and Knight Swords together (but possibly not katanas/ninja swords) and assuming you can alter their weapon formulas.

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 12:37:00 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I'm not sure this would really fit v1.3 ... as I never found having a Sword Skill special class using Knight Swords much of a problem ... it's the huge stat growth of Cid, his overpowered skillset, and the overpowered Choas Blade that makes up most of the problems here.

Not to mention changing katanas to Knight Swords just takes away katanas from Samurais, Knights would still be able to equip them and there's no way around making Argias/Cid a Knight and using Knight Swords that way ... basically all this does is force you to change their jobs to Knights and use a skillset they may never use (Battle Skill).

I wouldn't call this a very elegeant solution though and I'm not comfortable seeing this in v1.3, really. If anything, just mess with Cid's growth, the Knight Swords, and the All Swordskill skillset.

I'm also not fond of making Cloud's skills only useable by swords. I think it should stay a requirement to use the Materia Blade, but if v1.2 hasn't already, it does need an upgrade. (I haven't read a lot of v1.2 changes as I've mentioned.)

Kamikaze_Ice

May 08, 2008, 04:31:38 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
like i said before, im not to good at explaining things. just trying to help keep knights a threat while staying closer to the original game. (knights with axes or ranged attacks just didnt feel right to me from an asthetic standpoint)
if you still cand understand my jibberish i can just upload my fftpatch and you can look at it yourself.

note: swords and knight swords can be used by swordskills, but not katanas. thats the whole point of everything below (but i'm sure most know this :P)

what i did was change all knight swords into katanas, and all katanas into knight swords.
changed Samaurai to equip "knight swords" but not katanas, agrias/cid/etc cant equip katanas OR knight swords.

defender, save the queen, excalibur and ragnarok  were changed to just plain "swords".
chaos blade was changed to katanas.
all original "katanas" were changed to "knight swords".

this way knights get their own really strong weapons that cant be used with swordskills no mater how much cid/agrias try, while letting knights to stay dangerous (coupled with innate defense up, and their armor with added status resistances)

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 04:44:32 pm #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
To make sure I got this right;

• Normal Swords stay unchanged (including Nagrarock and Materia Blade).
• Defender;
    Type: Sword
    Useable with Sword Skills: Yes
    Knight Equip: Yes
    Samurai Equip: No
    Special Knight Equip: Yes
    [/list]
    • Save the Queen;
      [/list]
      • Excalibur;
        [/list]
        • Ragnarock;
          [/list]
          • Chaos Blade;
            Type: Katana
            Useable with Sword Skills: No
            Special Knight Equip: No
            [/list]
            • All Samurai Swords;
              Type: Knight Sword
              Samurai Equip: Yes
              Special Knight Equip: No
              [/list]

Is that all look right?

Kamikaze_Ice

May 08, 2008, 04:57:37 pm #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
              for the example i was trying to use, yeah.
              i still need to go back and change a few swords into 'katanas' so knights get a their class weapon per chapter. like the iron sword from chapter 1.

my wotg playthough is just so frustratingly fun though :)

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 05:09:49 pm #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
              There's still at least one problem with this, "basically all this does is force you to change their [Cid's and Agrias'] jobs to Knights and use a skillset they may never use (Battle Skill) [with All Swordskill or Holy Sword as a secondary command]."

I can see what you're trying to do, but I'm not sure how you're going to cut out that loop hole. I'm still sticking to the idea of nerfing Cid's class and giving Sword Skills MP cost or something. It's far more simple and there's really not much of a loop hole.

I might also add that if one were to use your Loop hole, Orlandu would -still- have 20 PA (like his original, great stat growthed Holy Swordsmen class) and Agrias would actually have +5 more PA than she would as a Holy Knight, making it actually probably.. worse than it was before and making the Sword Skills do much more damage for Agrias.

Kamikaze_Ice

May 08, 2008, 06:31:53 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
              swordskills dont work with katana class items. thats the whole point for changing them around.

try it yourself.

and i always though cid should be stronger than most, seeing as he was the rival of Balbanes whom attained Heavenly Knight class.

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 06:42:46 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
              That's -really- not the point I'm trying to get across here, heh. The point is that Orlandu and Argias, if changed to the Knight class, can use all the Knight Swords, which you changed all the katanas too ...

If the point was just to take away Chaos Sword from them and nerf the other Knight Swords ... I suppose, though I'd still feel more comfortable making it less complicated and jsut nerfing all Knight Swords and leaving it at that. If you want to give Knights special swords, just let them equip katanas and give swords to Samurais. *Shrug*

Personally, I don't like switching all the things around just to prevent Special Knights from using a single sword ... it's too much of a hassle and it's not really an elegant solution to me.

Kamikaze_Ice

May 08, 2008, 06:50:42 pm #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kamikaze_Ice
              mabey i missunderstood your last post, thinking you were saying they could still use their swordskills with the 'knight only' swords.

but by nerfing the weapons used by others, you also end up nerfing the knights damage as well, but this alternate solution provided a way to keep big damage weapons with knights without affecting the sword skills.

granted my application of this option is basic and lackluster, but in the hands of someone who knows the game much more than I could potentially turn it into something nice--especially with other tweaks to the game.

i just threw the idea out there and hoped someone could expand on it, as it's been working nice for me so far.

Lydyn

May 08, 2008, 06:54:59 pm #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
              The only sword in this solution you're not 'nerfing' is the Choas Blade, which is a bit too powerful in the first place, heh ... but, I suppose it's Angel's choice on what he wants to do.

Archael

May 09, 2008, 01:41:57 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
              Nah it will be everyone's choice in the end. The reason so few changes have actually gone in the patch is because I'm waiting to get opinion from as many people as possible before each one.

And through the internets this takes along time. FFT = big community, not to mentions the sites I don't even know about.

The Chaos Blade / holy Sword issue has been solved.

Let's talk about other things like Time Mages, Rafa & Malak, and rare item stats.

Oh and Blade Grasp.

:)

Lydyn

May 09, 2008, 01:54:37 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
              I kept Blade Grasp as it is in my patch since I removed Brave modifying all together. So it's good on some people and bad on others... really the only solution unless you want to remove it completely from the game. You can't edit it's forumla or anything.

And what about Time Mages? *Shrug*

Rafa and Malak? I've toyed with making all their skills un-randomtized and just giving them 1-2 hits per casting instead. The main problem with them was always their skills being random...

Rare item stats? I wouldn't have a clue. You know how long everyone here has been discussing item changes in the VK Patch? I'd say give Chaos Blade 28-30 WP and I'm not sure many of the other items are that broken... except the permanent reraise items.

Archael

May 24, 2008, 02:17:35 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
              Philsov wanted Rafa and Malak's skills to get more use by reducing Charge Time and lowering their Vertical from 3 to 1 so they would be more accurate. He also disabled Hit Allies.

I feel they are still too weak

What about making them zero charge time and bumping the vertical back to 3 or even 2? They never had MP costs to begin with, and a charge time for a RANDOM HIT spell is incredibly gimped.

My idea:
              Zero Charge Time
              Back to high (2 or 3) Vertical so it's innacurate, but fires instantly once you cast it.

VincentCraven

May 25, 2008, 12:14:07 am #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
              Wait, no one has mentioned mime yet? (Soz, all I did was type in mime and search to come upon this conclusion).

IIRC, there is no way to make him equip anything, so he still won't be that durable.  One thing I noticed: should Mime really need lv6 in every class?  I would think lv6 in Lancer, Geomancer, Mediator, and Summoner would suffice.
              I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Kourama

May 25, 2008, 08:29:29 am #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
              The good thing about having lvl 6 in each class is that if you have it unlocked for an enemy that have a lot more abilities at their disposal.

VincentCraven

May 25, 2008, 08:47:51 am #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
              Unfortunately Mime cannot equip any secondary, reaction, support, or movement abilities.  Mime is a weird character.

Kourama

May 25, 2008, 08:49:51 am #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kourama
              Yeah I noticed the equipment part after trying to change it in my personal patch. Only way to really buff them is to give them certain innate abilities.

Like Magic Defense / Defense Boost, maybe innate Blade Grasp or something else good, innate regen and a few status immunities?

VincentCraven

May 25, 2008, 10:16:07 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
              How about giving mime Innate: Counter.  Or Counter Flood?  Blade Grasp might be a bit too good.

I'd say Immune to Don't Act and Berserk.  Maybe Confusion too.

Also, Dash is still annoyingly unstable.  Perhaps just give it the Wave Fist formula (PA*PA/2).  That way it still is weak, but stable.  Is knockback linked to its formula?

And Poison Nail is terribly useless.  It needs a large boost in accuracy.