• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 11:00:28 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Xif's Fixes (ASM Hacks & Spreadsheets)

Started by Xifanie, September 12, 2008, 10:50:17 pm

Vanya

What requirement values correspond to what?
How do I apply the xls file?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

You have to set the requirements yourself. By default I made slot 00 Require Sword or K. Sword.
To apply the changes you have to select the blue bar and paste that data at the given location in BATTLE.BIN.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

R999

June 06, 2010, 11:33:56 pm #262 Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:12:43 pm by R999
Sorry had an emergency leave earlier.  Will be doing a thorough check of ARH starting tonight. Words cannot describe how wonderful this is. Much thanks for the hard efforts.

Though, do try to remember to add the Gender requirement soon :)

Abilities Under Test:
Abilities 1-2-3 required Katana,  
Abilities 4-5-6 required KnightSword,  
Abilities 7-8-9 required Axe.

Edit:
1) I double checked, patched correctly as per the Patching Procedure (3 hex locations), and then tested with 00 01 01 01 02 02 02 03 03 03 FF FF ...etc.  and this worked for the AI (ie, not using the forbidden ability slots).

Edit2:

2) Okay, apparently ARH did not work for me on the player's side. BlueTeam / Controllable. I can use all of the forbidden spells. Specifically, Abilities 1-2-3 required Katana,  Abilities 4-5-6 required KnightSword,  Abilities 7-8-9 required Axe.   This still works as expected when set Auto-Battle.  Tested both on BlueTeam Controllable ENTD Generated unit as well as on player's Ramza.

Edit3:

3) [s:3rc0rulp]Further testing... require KnightSword also works when with Sword equipped, apparently...[/s:3rc0rulp]
When Ramza is equipped with an Axe, he cannot use Abilities 1->6 and only 7-9. However, when he is equipped with a 1Hand Sword, he can use All Abilities (1 thru 9). This maybe related to why it wasn't working for the generated BlueTeam unit as per Point 2. When Ramza has no weapon equipped, he loses access to all 9 abilities.

Confirmed: 1 Hand Sword allows use of all 9 ARH edited abilities. Whether Dual Wield, Two Hands are equipped or not. When he is set to Auto-Battle, he will only use Abilities 4-5-6, which requires OneOf(KnightSword only) rather than 1H Sword. AI ignores Abilities 1-2-3, 7-8-9.

Edit4:

4) [s:3rc0rulp]Looks like the AI becomes retarded after several turns??? They aren't attacking anyone anymore. Doing nothing.[/s:3rc0rulp] This happened because of AI and Transparent apparently (turning Innate transparent off fixed this problem).

More tests tomorrow.

Xifanie

Might want to double check your "Require Sword/K. Sword" FFTPatcher flag? If that's not it then it's a major problem but I don't know why this would happen as my hack doesn't work that way anymore.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Zaen

Wow, this is remarkable. I'll do some testing on this for sure. I'm just wondering what the difference would be between Require at least 1 and Forbid. If you inverse them, wouldn't they be the same?
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

R999

June 07, 2010, 03:40:13 pm #265 Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:43:11 pm by R999
Edit: Seems like Zodiac's fix solved the issue(s) reported previously.

@Zodiac: I am not sure if this problem is exclusive to swords. I will be testing this more. RequireSword/Require M.B. off in all abilities under test.

Further Testing,

Requirements For Test

Abilities Under Test
Ability-1-2-3 Req Ninja Sword 01
Ability-4-5-6 Req Sword 02
Ability-7-8-9 Req Katana 04
Ability 10-11-12 req Axe 05
Ability 13-14 req Wand 06
Ability 15-16 req Staff 07

Note: Requirement is set to "Require All" this time, rather than "One of".

Xifanie

EXTRA THING TO EDIT FOR THE ABILITY REQUIREMENT HACK

SCUS_942.21
0x0004CE6C:

This will remove the Sword/K.Sword bug which allows using all forbidden abilities when either item type is equipped.

Zozma

okay so i dont see "barehanded" on here, would that be the first slot? or is it even possible?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Zaen

I tried that, but it doesn't seem to work, exactly. You could try forbidding everything but the first slot.

Everything I tried but Barehands has worked that I've tested. It makes me a happy camper!

Zozma

hmmm interesting, ill give that a shot... tho i wont have time to test that for a looong time

Xifanie

yeah, just forbid every weapon and it will be the same as barehanded.

Zozma

perfect... btw any plans on adding this directly to the patcher?

but wait, if i forbid everything thats weapons, and then leave other item types alone... shields, headgear, armor, accessories... will it still work?

Zaen

philsov

Wow.  

*begins toying with possibilities*
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

umm another thing... Is it possible to ASM so that If a unit gets hit with a multi element spell/skill that if they have equip or status to block one of them, they still take damage for any other element checked on the same skill.

say... Lightning Stab for example (which has Lightning and Holy checked as its elements) and they have rubber boots, they still get hit for holy damage?

Zaen

It worked in Pokemon stadium with my hacked Doduo, flying and ground type. :(

Xifanie

Quote from: "Zozma"umm another thing... Is it possible to ASM so that If a unit gets hit with a multi element spell/skill that if they have equip or status to block one of them, they still take damage for any other element checked on the same skill.

say... Lightning Stab for example (which has Lightning and Holy checked as its elements) and they have rubber boots, they still get hit for holy damage?
Doable, but definitely a lot of trouble. We'd need to make it re-run the elemental check routine for all elements and divide their damage by the number of present elements and add up the total...

Vanya

I'm feeling stupid because I still don't get how to implement the Weapon Ability Patch.

Also, how viable would be to rewrite Math Skill to function as a Double Cast skill instead?
The menu structure seems to already be there. Would it just be a matter of calling different routines after each menu and change the menu content?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

Quote from: "Zodiac"
Quote from: "Zozma"umm another thing... Is it possible to ASM so that If a unit gets hit with a multi element spell/skill that if they have equip or status to block one of them, they still take damage for any other element checked on the same skill.

Doable, but definitely a lot of trouble. We'd need to make it re-run the elemental check routine for all elements and divide their damage by the number of present elements and add up the total...

Nevermind on that, it sounds totally not worth the trouble...

making math-skill into doublecast, or even making it so that it gives you access to any learned magics a particular unit posesses that are checked for calculate would be sweet... like a true sorcerer

Xifanie

Ability Requirement Hack v1.1
http://zodiac.ffhacktics.com/ARH.7z

No real bug was found, so the hack is considered safe until further notice.
The patching instructions are inside the excel spreadsheet itself, so you will absolutely need excel (or the equivalent) to patch. Customizing the hack requires excel to start with anyway.

NEW:
- Require Gender
- Skillset synergy fixed
- Require equipped weapon element