Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Which plot should the main story revolve around?

Initial Contact With Lucavi
Conscript
Neophyte's Revised Plot

Community Mod  (Read 27000 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
ShadowSkyle [Posts: 86]
  • View Profile
  • [May 20, 2012, 02:30:52 AM]
Community Mod
« on: May 20, 2012, 02:30:52 AM »
Hello, everyone! After playing around with the various FFT editors (a lot!) I have decided upon making a community based mod (yes, I'm aware this has been attempted/done before. Let's see what results this time around!) I've now completed 3 mods. The first was up for download for a while, but was very buggy and ultimately I decided to stop the patch as it got out of hand. Second patch was much smaller, and worked like a charm, but wasn't worth uploading. Third was much bigger, but was a more focused patch for myself. I used it to achieve a game I wanted, as well as to learn as much as I could about the editors. Now I'm ready to move on.

There will be a series of polls and contests to follow this patch, so make sure you keep your eyes open for the latest threads about this patch! At the moment, this is starting from a completely vanilla FFT, and nearly everything done to the mod will be through community voting and contests!!

Completed:

Job Submissions
Difficulty Poll
Community Mod Jobs
Story Direction Poll
Initial Timeline Poll
Timeline Poll
Initial Main Character Poll
Original Plot Submissions
Initial Plot Poll
Revised Plot Submissions
Plot Poll
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:52:42 AM by ShadowSkyle »
Dome [Posts: 4890]
  • View Profile
  • [May 20, 2012, 05:50:18 PM]
Re: Community Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
Good luck. And I seriously mean it, you will need plenty

Here is my entry
Job: Necromancer
High tier job (Replaces calculator) can heal/buff/create undead and use Dark elemental spells

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"
  • View Profile
  • [May 22, 2012, 03:33:41 AM]
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 03:33:41 AM »
Well, this is depressing. Only one person is interested in this? Come on people! Now is the time to get your character submitted into the mod! As no one else is posting, I'll fill in one of my own potential classes:

Job Name: Cleric
Job Purpose: Melee/Magic/Support/Tank
Job Description: Religious unit who supports his allies in the midst of battle.
Gender Availability: Both
Skillset Name: Faith
Skillset Description: Calls upon the power of the gods to administer first aid and magical enhancements to allies.
Ability Types: Weak-Moderate Healing/Buff Spells
Additional Info: Wears armor despite being a casting-based unit. High MP/Moderate-Low MA (Shouldn't be needed for much other than Healing spells, and can always deck the unit out for MA if desired).
METEORologist-in-training
Reks [Posts: 682]
  • View Profile
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/MyifeeAzurai
  • [May 22, 2012, 03:37:40 AM]
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 03:37:40 AM »
Will make one tomorrow, then edit this post over with it. Too tired atm, but interesting concept.
The Puppet ---Master---
Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4037]
  • View Profile
  • Youtube Channel
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
  • [May 22, 2012, 03:39:39 AM]
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:39:39 AM »
With the thread of mods failing before they even start, you will definitely need to do some more work first, people need to SEE or PLAY something before they want to commit to it.
Community Mods are hard to run for not only this reason but also due to the fact that info will constantly be changing.

You just need to develop more on your own before people start becoming interested in it.

FYI, joining the #FFH Chat on IRC might help you out a bit as well.

• Modding version: PSX
  • <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [May 22, 2012, 07:31:41 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:31:41 AM »
    Elric, I hope you're wrong about that. Being that the outline of the game's changes are all based on community input, it wouldn't be possible to show any changes before the first collaboration. There will be constantly posted changes as this patch progresses, but it just isn't reasonable to make said changes without hearing what everyone wants, first.
    The Puppet ---Master---
    Elric (Overseer) [Posts: 4037]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Bones42
    • [May 23, 2012, 05:27:28 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 05:27:28 AM »
    Elric, I hope you're wrong about that. Being that the outline of the game's changes are all based on community input, it wouldn't be possible to show any changes before the first collaboration. There will be constantly posted changes as this patch progresses, but it just isn't reasonable to make said changes without hearing what everyone wants, first.

I hope I am as well, because I've wanted to be part of a community patch since i joined FFH

Job Name:              Breeder
    Job Purpose:           Support
    Job Description:       A nomad who is often seen traveling with groups of monsters, seem to be accepted by monsters as their alpha
    Gender Availability:   Both
    Skillset Name:          Monster Lore
    Skillset Description:  Uses a unfamiliar form of speech and hand signals to boost the ability of surrounding monsters
    Ability Types:          This character would ideally use mediator type moves to buff/heal monsters
    Additional Info:        Innate: Monster Skill
                                Innate: Monster Talk

• <@Angel> Teach a man to fish and he'll open up a fishery to compete against yours.
    Journey of the Five Youtube ChannelThe Lion War Current Status

Jot5 Leader :: Eventer :: OtherTLW Leader :: Eventer :: Other
    • View Profile
    • [May 23, 2012, 02:08:49 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
    This one was emailed to me. Figure I'll post it so everyone can see:

Job Name: Arcane Archer
    Job Purpose: Ranged/Magic/Harassment
    Job Description: An archer who enchants her arrows with magic to disable enemies.
    Skillset Name: Arcanum
    Skillset Description: Magically enchanted strikes used to harass enemies.
    Ability Types: Weapon ranged attacks that inflict status effects.
    Timbo [Posts: 537]
    • View Profile
    • [May 24, 2012, 09:41:08 PM]
    « Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 09:41:08 PM »
    Job Name: Spellblade
    Job Purpose: Skirmisher (Melee/Ranged/Magic/Damage)
    Job Description: Warrior dedicated to both spell and sword, slays opponents quickly and without regard for personal safety
    Skillset Name: Blade Magic(ks)
    Skillset Description: Channel magic(k) through blades to devastate foes quickly.
    Ability Types: High damage single target, Area 1, and Linear attack spells of varying ranges and self buffs.
    Additional Info: This unit wears clothes and robes and uses daggers, swords, and knight swords. She has self buffs that bestow things like shell, reflect, and haste, but nothing that increases physical durability like defend and protect. It has high Speed and MA, and above average MP, but low PA and HP. She should skirmish between ranged combat and melee combat by switching between single target ranged spells that deal moderate damage and close ranged spells that have Area or do lots of damage.

Her big attacks encourage her to get into melee to slay vulnerable targets or to eliminate big threats but her low hit points encourage tactical usage. She should have several different elemental types to choose from.
    Quman [Posts: 34]
    • View Profile
    • [May 29, 2012, 11:28:33 PM]
    « Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
    Well, I'm not exactly an active member of the community, but if you're not getting many other contributions, I may as well throw my own ideas into the mix. I'll just give you one for right now.

Job Name: Knight
    Job Purpose: Melee/Damage/Support/Tank
    Job Description: Sworn to fulfill their oath, no matter the cost.
    Skillset Name: Arts of War
    Skillset Description: Knight Job command. Protect allies or destroy enemies at the cost of one's own health.
    Ability Types: Aside from status breaks the Knight should also have abilities that make use of the Knight's large supply of HP, such as Wish or Darkside (like wish but with damage instead of healing) or things like White Wind and Minus Strike if possible.
    Additional Info: This could be a special class for Lavian and Alicia, or it could be split between them so one has the offensive abilities and the other has the defensive abilities.
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 01:18:36 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
    So while waiting for this thread to get more active (Have a few promises from others to post later this week), I've been toying around with another patch which is almost complete. The main concept I've been messing around with is the Necromancer. It is an interesting concept, and the ASM I'm using and the abilities themselves just need to be playtested and tweaked for appropriate power.

@Qumar I always did think the Knight needed an altered skillset, however, the breaks were already a really nasty secondary when taken in consideration with guns and dual wielding. Putting an altered skillset on Lavian and Alicia might be fun, though. Would certainly make them more viable.
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    Jumza [Posts: 1518]
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 02:27:21 AM]
    « Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:27:21 AM »
    Job Name: Pacifist
    Job Purpose: Support to the max!
    Job Description: One who does not fight in battle, but rather chooses to wield power to aid allies.
    Skillset Name: Peacemaking or Pacifism
    Skillset Description: Power used by those who do not fight, it cannot be used for harming others. (though it can help your allies harm others XD)
    Ability Types: Ability's much like the priests, wall, protect, shell, a variation of cure which does not harm the undead ( giving them good PA can allow the chackra formula to be used here) and other special healing abilities that are not holy based, the pacifist isn't always a believer in god, they just don't want to hurt people.
    Additional Info: In the job tab of the FFTP un-check all boxes that have anything to do with weapons (INCLUDING the box next to the blank, therefore making the attack command for this job useless), just give them really powerful supporting ability.

• Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    The demo was just released! Come check it out!
    Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 04:29:12 AM]
    « Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
    This version of the knight isn't intended to have equipment breaks, and the status breaks could easily be changed into something like Zalbaag's ruin abilities that don't take weapon range into account (or they could just require a sword to be equipped like all the other knight class abilities.)
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 11:39:59 AM]
    « Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 11:39:59 AM »
    @Jumza: The Chakra formula wouldn't work too well, due to the fact that putting his PA up high would allow you to throw martial arts on him and a Monk's backup abilities, making him really powerful with things such as Wave Fist, while also giving him a more powerful version of Chakra.

The other issus with the class is that we can't make his skills too powerful, or they'll become broken as a secondary. But I will play around with this concept and see what we can do about it!
    Event Kid, Mr. Peanut
    Jumza [Posts: 1518]
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 08:35:37 PM]
    « Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
    How'd i forget that? Good points, its too bad we cant make it so that this job is sorta like mimes so they cant equip any R/S/M or use it as a secondary skill >.<.

• Check out my project ~ FFT: A Stone's Ripple : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10857.0
    The demo was just released! Come check it out!
    Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
    Victor FrankeinSprite
    CONMAN [Posts: 307]
    • View Profile
    • [May 30, 2012, 09:05:34 PM]
    « Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »
    Not possible at the moment(or atleast not very good): Shapeshifter (possible summoner replacement)

Transforms into monsters for special attacks.  It's possible to make skills that cause a unit to disapear before the spell effect is played out.  For example:

Unit "Shifts" into salamander (or midgar swarm) effect.  or other believable summon effects.  I have never looked into editing the effect spells- But I imagine it might be possible to find one that would be suitable to insert a standard monster frame into and look okay...

Imagine the dragon transformations from Breath of Fire 2.  .....keep dreaming Hacktics!!!
    Mediator
    Eternal [Posts: 3072]
    • View Profile
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/eternal248/
    • [May 30, 2012, 11:19:45 PM]
    « Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 11:19:45 PM »
    Ridiculously odd and random idea.

Judge
    Equip: Swords, Shields, Robes, Heavy Armor

Skillset Name: Judgement

-Recommended: Fire (Add: Oil on all units, persevere)
    -Forbidden: Speaking (Add: Silence on all units, persevere)
    -Forbidden: Moving (Add: Immobilize on all units, persevere)
    -Forbidden: Healing (Add: Undead on all units, persevere)
    -Forbidden: HP < 100% (Heals all units, persevere)
    -Recommended: HP < 100% (Damages all units, persevere)
    -Recommended: Magic (Protect/Wall on all units, persevere)
    -Recommended: Melee Attacks (Shell/Reflect on all units, persevere)
    -Antilaw (Cancel: Performing[Persevering])
    -Red Card (Add: Immobilize/Disable)

Just a really crazy concept I had months back. Totally unbalanced, but meh.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: eternal248#1817
  • "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    • View Profile
    • [May 31, 2012, 12:28:22 AM]
    « Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »
    Judge concept is cool. Might be able to play with it a bit to make it viable. Shapeshifter, unfortunately, I don't think anyone's figured out how to do it (I think I read a concept about it once that never panned out).
    • View Profile
    • [June 05, 2012, 01:11:38 AM]
    « Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 01:11:38 AM »
    It seems pretty broken compared to normal classes, but as a replacement class for Cid's Holy Swordsman class it might be just right. I also have a class that would probably need to go to somebody like Orlandu or Beowulf, so I guess I should go ahead and post that one now.

Job Name: Treasure Hunter
    Job Purpose: Melee/Ranged/Damage/Harassment
    Job Description: Adventurer who battles the forces of darkness using a collection of legendary weapons.
    Ability Types: Charge, but with a lower CT than the core archer has. This class should also have Change Equipment innate.
    Additional Info: There should be a special weapon type only this class can use which would actually be a collection of various different types of weapons, each specialized for a different purpose. All of the weapons in its collection will have different attributes (auto-buffs and debuffs, resistances and weaknesses, and various other properties) that make them more useful in some situations than others, encouraging the player to make use of the Change Equipment skill.
    • View Profile
    • [June 05, 2012, 02:22:19 AM]
    « Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 02:22:19 AM »
    Interesting idea, Qumon, but I'm not sure that would be easily implemented. In FFTPatcher, the Charge abilities have their own format, different from other abilities. I don't think there's any free spaces to create a new set of Charge skills. Less of an issue with the weapons, but I'd still have to remove weapons to insert those ones.
    Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9