• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:20:17 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

formerdeathcorps

November 09, 2011, 05:27:33 am #60 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:48:30 am by formerdeathcorps
Seap blinked and yawned.  As his eyes gradually adjusted to the low torchlight, he glanced at the grease-stained mug underneath his nose.  It was empty.  Despite having drained the mug of its contents hours ago, the taste of ale still coated his tongue.  Worse, the hangover left the top of his skull throbbing in pain, which spread in pulses to his eyes.
The day had been too long for him; just finding this hamlet had taken hours.  Closing his eyes again just avoid the pain, Seap produced his fife and began to play a soldier's medley.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 09, 2011, 05:39:30 am #61 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:01:34 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Hearing the music begin to play from the table, Rhyhorn begins playing with his empty cup, sliding it back and forth between his feet very vaguely to the same beat as Seap's fife-playing.

NinjaWeazel

Xun Huan has been quietly taking in the... antics of his friends, with a vaguely amused smile.  He leans forward and bows faintly in his chair, his ale all but untouched.  "Xun Huan.  Pleased to make acquaintance."  He settles back again, hands folded on the table.  "We are move... food?  Little man very... not clear on cargo.  Hope food.  Food left too long after harvest go bad, terrible waste.  Many go hungry."

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 06:30:49 pm #63 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:39:00 pm by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne turns towards the Corinthonian man. "Wha'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

NinjaWeazel

"I do not know this... Willis person.  Sorry for dissapoint, little fire spirit."

st4rw4k3r

November 09, 2011, 09:08:42 pm #65 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:11:49 pm by st4rw4k3r
Elia sits holding her ale in her hands, idly looking at the ale debating. She listens to the others around her talk and engage in conversations. She loses the conversation when the music starts, and gets lost in her thoughts.

Ale... Not once has she partook a drop of this elixer. Said to be the creation of gods at times, and a curse of the mind to others. I'm not technically a priest anymore, one sip shouldn't hurt. But, the others around her have drank it, look how they are, or is that how they always are? Elia frowns.

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 09:17:30 pm #66 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:00:11 am by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne doesn't hear Xun Huan's reply as she has already moved on to the next target of interest. Someone is frowning... She floats down and hovers over the human woman's left shoulder. "Lick it... Lick it... Li~~ck i~~t..." She whispers, then after a pause, she giggles. "Or jus' drink it, bu' don' waste it 'cause tha'd be alcohol abuse. An' it's too tasty."

st4rw4k3r

November 09, 2011, 09:27:28 pm #67 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:53:26 pm by st4rw4k3r
Elia hears whispering to lick the ale. She brings the mug to her face, but before she can lap some up, a giggle is heard. Elia puts the mug down. "You almost got me to drink some...." Elia pauses for a moment before speaking again. "Pardon me. My name is Elia Cyronae, wandering Priest of Odin. Who might you be child?"

Ryqoshay

"I am not a kid!" Yvonne says, sticking out her tongue. "An' di'n' you hear my intradukshun 'fore Ms. Chug-a-lug over there grabbed me? I'm Yvonne Scintillae Incendam." She puts her hands on her hips and puffs her chest out proudly. "I am fire incarnate! An' I'm serious 'bout not wastin' yer ale." She holds up her own tiny mug. "If ya don' want it, I'm sure one a' these other fine folks'll drink it for ya."

st4rw4k3r

November 09, 2011, 10:37:25 pm #69 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:25:17 pm by st4rw4k3r
Elia looks over at the fairy. "Yvonne... I like you kid." Elia smiles. "But pardon me calling you 'child', It's generalization I use, I call everyone that." Elia glances down at her ale. "I do not see to this ale at the moment. Would you like to take it off my hands?"

Ryqoshay

"Can do!" Yvonne grabs one of Hogarth's discarded tankards and pours half of Elia's ale into it, careful not to spill a drop. She drains her own stein before dunking it in into the tankard to fill it and set it aside on the table. (1) Wrapping her arms around the tankard's wide handle, she manages to awkwardly lift it up and flies over to a dark-skinned, elderly man at the end of the bar. "Hey, old man!" she says as though familiar with him. "Compliment a' the lovely priestess o'er there." She explains setting down the tankard and jerking a thumb in the direction of said holy woman. The drunkard mumbles something unintelligible and nods. (2) The sprite giggles and returns to the table. "Samson sends 'is thanks." She says with a grin and picks up her mug again.

Actions
1: Flies over to bar.
2: Flies back to table.

st4rw4k3r

November 09, 2011, 11:23:22 pm #71 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:24:32 pm by st4rw4k3r
Elia glances at the guy and back at the half filled ale in front of her. "Well at least half is going to use." Elia looks at  the fairy. "So what can you do? I did happen to catch a bit of conversation about wizards and magic."

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 11:39:37 pm #72 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:40:49 pm by Ryqoshay
   "Half?!" the tiny woman exclaims before giving an exasperated sigh. "Fine..." (1) She grabs Eila's mug and flies over to dump the rest into Samson's already drained tankard. "That guy drinks more'n anyone I know..." (2) she murmurs half to herself as she makes her way back to the table. "Sorry 'bout that, but it's jus' too good ta waste, ya know. But to answer yer question, I c'n cast all sorts a' spells but I'm best with fire. An' I c'n fly." She accents her sentence by looping backwards. "But tha' should'a' been obvious, right?" She laughs lightly.

Actions
1: Flies over to bar, again.
2: Flies back to table, again.

st4rw4k3r

"Would never have guessed." Elia pauses for a moment, and looks at Valknut amulet around her neck. "I myself, cast magic. But I am not magically innate as you are. I get my powers from lord Odin." She then pulls her spear off her back and rests it on her lap. "I use this, to do my lords wishes, nothing more, nothing less." She looks back up at the fairy. "I'll do anything he says, even if it requires my life in doing such."

Ryqoshay

"An' Odinn is tellin' ya ta help this Lejun guy?" Yvonne raises an eyebrow.

st4rw4k3r

November 10, 2011, 12:26:36 am #75 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:29:42 am by st4rw4k3r
a magical force called plot
"Well, to put it short, I need to get my name known to everyone, and I'll start anyway I can. For reasons that will take too long to explain." Elia smiles at the fairy. "What brings you here?"

Ryqoshay

November 10, 2011, 12:39:05 am #76 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:43:58 am by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne smiles strangely. "Do you wanna know how I came to be in Sephyr, in this tiny town in the middle of nowhere? Well, I'll tell ya. Back in the Plane of Fire, my parents were murdered by water Lirai, because, as everyone knows, the Lirai of each element hate the others. There is a constant battle between the four factions of Fire, Earth, Air and Water. I came to Sephyr to seek answers and find the whereabouts of those responsible for my parent's deaths. Mr. Lejun said he has information, but I must pay for it by guarding this caravan thing he's got going' here." She clenches her fists. "I will find those water Lirai, and when I do, I will burn their very souls." She smiles again. "But 'till then I'm gonna have fun hangin' out with all a' you guys! Bottoms up!" She says, holding out her mug. "Oh, sorry, nevermind..." She falls silent and starts emptying her cup.

Celdia

November 10, 2011, 12:59:55 am #77 Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:42:35 am by Celdia

Scene Closed

Update coming soon.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

st4rw4k3r

November 10, 2011, 01:03:39 am #78 Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:15:31 am by st4rw4k3r
"interesting... I did not know about that." Elia looks out to window. "Oh my! Its late!" Elia looks at the fairy, "Best be seeing you off, time be now to get rest, if one were to wake at such an hour as we have been given." Elia grabs her spear off her lap and stands up. She puts the spear on her back and turns to send her goodbyes to the fairy. Bowing to the fairy she says: "It has been nice meeting a fairy folk for the first time. I wish you a good rest Madam Incendam." With that Elia walks up the stairs of the inn to her room.

Celdia

November 10, 2011, 03:47:04 am #79 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:31:28 am by Celdia
           Before setting out from the Bovine Bell the next morning, Lejun quickly introduces the party to his assistant and sole teamster remaining with him for this leg of the journey, the taciturn Gref. Gref is another fairly nondescript gnome though unlike his employer he shows none of the exuberance or joie de vivre you've come to expect from gnomish folk.
          Lejun's caravan consists only of a pair of large, covered wagons pulled by a single ox each. While you can see into the wagons through the canvas flaps when they blow open, you still have no better idea of his cargo as everything inside is sealed up in boxes big enough to be coffins with only the words "Lejun C. Berus - Fine Goods" printed on the outside of each one. Lejun settles himself on the bench of the forward wagon, gesturing for Rhyhorn to take the lead ahead of him with his smaller cart of goods, and Gref does the same bringing the second wagon out onto the trade road behind them both. Over the course of the first day you find yourselves keeping a fairly leisurely walking pace as set by slow-moving oxen. With clement weather for the season and a level road under your feet, the hours creep by slow and uneventful.
         Your employer does call a halt long enough for a modest lunch he provides from a chest under the bench of his wagon; A small cask of cider and spicy meat pies that he must have gotten from the inn the night before from the look of them. Over the course of the meal he gives a warning about the section of road ahead. "Those of you that haven't traveled this way before should know there's no waypoint of any kind between here and the border. What's worse is the Highland Guard tends to not run their patrols this far out and the Verunian Border Patrol keeps their watch strictly on their side of the border. All of that adds up to this being a prime location for bandits and highwaymen. Keep your eyes peeled and ears sharp."
          Several hours further down the road, as the sun is nearing the horizon far to the West, it seems as if Lejun had been predicting the future. Something about the trees up ahead of you seems wrong and on closer inspection you see a small band of orcs and a single hobgoblin trying to hide among the plant-life bordering the road to either side. However, it appears as if they are waiting for you pass them before they act and they seem to be unaware that you have noticed them.

Battle Pane Start

Perception Checks Successful!

Bonus! - Due to the overall level of Perception present in the party, you are all fully aware of the enemies hiding in the brush ahead and you get 2 Bonus Actions to use before they can take any Actions at all. Use them wisely!

Objective: Repel or destroy the gang of bandits.
Bonus Objective: Keep the wagons, oxen and gnomes from taking any significant damage.
Weather: Dusk, clear.
Terrain: Grassland, some trees.

Terrain Notes: Only the center trunk of the tree tiles impede movement. You can move freely through/under the branches. The small shrubs scattered about function the same, stopping movement so plan your movement to go around them. The rocks you see on the map are small enough to walk/run over without slowing you down any.

NPC Notes: Orcs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 are actually up IN the branches of the trees. All other enemies are on the ground. Lejun and Gref will not fight unless threatened at Melee range by an enemy and then only to defend themselves long enough for one of you to help them. It is not recommended to let that happen.

Reminder! Your Movement score isn't a limit to how far you can move but rather a measure of how fast you cover ground. There is no limit to how far you can move between your actions but if you try to move too far and then act, your actions are likely to come at the very end of the Turn.

Posting for this Turn ends in about 72 hours (Sunday, Nov. 13th, 4am EST). As stated in the OP, if you don't have your actions in by then you'll forfeit your Actions for this Turn.

Allies Condition

Seap
~Stats~
HP: 14/14
Defense: 13
Movement: 4 (Burdened; Natural 6)
Endurance: 2
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Defense: 7
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: 7