Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
FFT - The Battle For Ivalice  (Read 2212 times)
Pages: [1]
Is this real life? Or Final Fantasy?
RedWorld [Posts: 78]
  • View Profile
  • My Tumblr
  • [May 20, 2011, 03:48:08 AM]
FFT - The Battle For Ivalice
« on: May 20, 2011, 03:48:08 AM »

(Note: These are just all ideas. They are not set in stone at this time.)

Yes, some of the story came from Radiant Dawn~

At this time, I am stuck on the classes. I want to change the names of some of the classes. Also, my biggest argument is the Light Mage. I know some of the moves I want to do for one, but at the same time, there isn't real light magic. I was going to use Bolt, but I'm not so sure myself. What do you guys think? Give me suggestions for names and such! c:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:26:54 PM by RedWorld »

"Dear God, what's it like in your funny little brains? It must be boring." - Sherlock Holmes
Bad code, beware! The NOPs are coming to eat you!
formerdeathcorps [Posts: 1322]
  • View Profile
  • [May 20, 2011, 10:07:49 PM]
Re: FFT - The Battle For Ivalice
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »
The whole kingdom of Ivalice went in debt ever since and King Delita Hyral ruled and used the land for his own reasons. Although The Order of the Southern Sky was the "victor," its countries had received nothing. In fact, it soon came to be much worse off. What Ivalice has had would never be brought back again…

In order to "keep the peace and be put into proper order," King Delita had placed the authority into the Church of Glabados' hands and ever since, the whole kingdom was under its control. There was nothing anyone could do unless they wanted to be executed where they stood. Though one alchemist decided to stand and fight against the church AND the king, if she had to for the sake of all man. Though these events would once again change Ivalice forever...

Two problems here:
1) Most of Lionel's top leaders are dead after the events of FFT.  There likely would be a power struggle over leadership (especially since Simon characterized Funeral's adherents, those who wanted the Church to rule above the King, as a sect, implying they weren't a majority even among the leadership).  Considering Delita's manipulative abilities, I highly doubt he would allow someone like that to emerge as a High Priest or Shrine Knight Commander.
2) If Delita is still the same man as he was from FFT, it seems highly unlikely he'd relinquish his kingdom, even under the pressure of debt.  If anything, it seems more likely Delita (like Henry VIII) would expropriate Church funds (they should have a surplus since they didn't fight in the Lion War) and/or intimidate/bribe/kill the creditors demanding debt repayment.

Characters:

If you assume Ramza survived, then where is Alma?  Did the rest of his party survive too, or are you assuming just those two?  Otherwise, it looks OK, though it may offend 3 groups of people:
a) People who don't like self-inserts (especially one where the self-inserted character is the main character and has a significant relation to an existing character of the game)
b) People who object to crossovers from other games (the Beast Humans may also offend those who object to anything that could attract furries, but most FF fans don't object to Viera or Seeq, so that shouldn't be an issue)
c) People who are FF (and especially Ivalice Alliance timeline) canon purists

Hack Difficulty:

The MP mechanic is difficult to do, but I think there may exist a way.  Essentially what you want is a MP poison status (we have a spare status), inflicted upon transforming, that cannot be removed unless MP is 0 (which I can try to hack).  The "transform" spell is really the spell that gives yourself that status, which with the use of ARH, would then allow you to use the various monster attacks that can only be used while transformed.
The truly hard part here is changing your job, stats, and sprite in battle and having it revert.  I don't know a good way to do that without loading ghost unit data into the RAM, but restricts the number of units you can deploy and the number of units you can face in battle (due to limitations on sprites).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:40:42 PM by formerdeathcorps »
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.
Durbs [Posts: 617]
  • View Profile
  • [May 20, 2011, 10:31:15 PM]
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

Read before you get too involved with this, especially since you're new here. It tells stinging truths.

"Evanescence... what a sad word..." -Agrias Oaks

French Maid
Xifanie (Webmistress) [Posts: 4466]
  • View Profile
  • Final Fantasy Hacktics
  • http://steamcommunity.com/id/Xifanie
  • [May 21, 2011, 05:02:38 AM]
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 05:02:38 AM »

• Modding version: PSX
  • <R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
    <Raijinili> remember that? it was awful