Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Pages: [1]
May I kill him?
Pride [Posts: 839]
  • View Profile
  • [March 05, 2011, 04:34:53 AM]
Overview

With the end of the Fifty Years' War, the High Priest Funeral decides that there is cause of celebration. A tournament between the powerful warriors across Ivalice is announced and there are many that wish to join, whether it be for the grand gil prize that is offered to the champions or be it the need to test one's ability. Each region (Fovoham, Lionel, Gallione, Lesalia, Limberry, and Zeltennia) of the game host different tournaments that lead into the final one at Murond. Each "tournament" or series of battles will be roughly five to seven. There will also be various other side quest and other challenging battles spread out through the map, which will often contain great rewards. The Deep Dungeon will also appear as an optional set of very challenging battles late into the tournaments.

Recent Events
Okay since I had problems with my laptop and I have to restart this project completely, I'm just going to post the concept here and updated it while I continue my work on it. This was a project I started a while ago with the basic idea of having a tournament based Final Fantasy Tactics, where the central focus is just battling with so me cheesy fighting-game-type story. I put this on hold when I found another project with a similar goal was being worked on, which is now the archived Ivalice Arena. I began working on a revamp of the vanilla Final Fantasy Tactics and learning other aspects of modding, such as editing story line progression, Attack.OUT editing, and asm. After the collapse of IA, I began tinkering with picking up the tournament base. Roughly two months ago, I put down the vanilla project I was working on and fully began working on this again until the unfortunate event . So, I might as well announce this and keep an update thread. Hopefully people will enjoy what I'm working on (this thread might keep me working as well).

Again, this isn't as filled out as I would like BUT feel free to suggest new support, job, items, abilities, etc. as I have plenty of room. Or if you want to suggest one of the battles for one of the regions. I plan on updating this as often as I can, I'm really looking to have a demo out very soon but with a few impending hacks it could be longer then anticipated.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:30:20 PM by Pride »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 05, 2011, 04:35:34 AM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Champion
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 04:35:34 AM »
    Stealing the second post in case I need it, I'll probably keep a change log here.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:22:23 AM by Pride »
    Kagebunji [Posts: 4322]
    • View Profile
    • [March 05, 2011, 09:47:19 AM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Champion
    « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »
    Seems similiar to Ivalice Arena(tournaments etc.). Personaly I like it, if you need some sprites ask me, since I basicly work on one sprite ATM.
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 06, 2011, 10:06:08 PM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Champion (Update - Added Arcanist information)
    « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »
    @ Kagebunji

There are a few sprites I would want in the future but currently I just want to get the mechanics and game play down before I really start looking and asking around for sprites.

@RavenOfRazgriz

Great name =p

Update: Added the Arcanist information, beginning to do the Weapon information, and going to start working on the opening event and world map today.

Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [March 07, 2011, 03:53:34 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 03:53:34 AM »
    Good to see the whole IA thing is still on-going. I remember coming back like a week after R999 after me for help on it only to see that he got banned for reasons that I still have no idea why (like most anything else that happens around here).

If you need help with this, I'll be up for trying. I'm not sure how much help I would be, but it would be nice to have a break from my own patch.

Everyone's stealing my Dimensionalist.  Haha.

Hey, I stole it first. I'M ORIGINAL DAMN YOU!

"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 07, 2011, 05:06:47 AM]
    « Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 05:06:47 AM »
    Well I still don't have classes and weapon ideas finalized. Just general opinions and criticisms is one of the best things I can get right before more things begin to fall into place. : )

Updated - Added the Monk abilities and information.

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 08, 2011, 08:12:36 AM]
    Update. Did work on the opening event, figuring out what numbers I'll need for the scus editing and did the little road from Lesalia to Goland. I opened a channel to show events, jobs, and other mechanics I would like to share with everyone. I want to upload videos of my progress fairly regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLPjA9NTpL4

I hate my voice.

Twinees (Legendary Dragoon) [Posts: 821]
    • View Profile
    • [March 08, 2011, 09:25:17 AM]
    Re: Final Fantasy Tactics: Champion (Update - Added Opening Event Video)
    « Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 09:25:17 AM »
    Cool stuff pride.
    Your voice is fine :D
    Mediator
    Eternal [Posts: 3077]
    • View Profile
    • https://steamcommunity.com/id/eternal248/
    • [March 08, 2011, 09:50:15 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
    Nice video. I look forward to seeing how this progresses! Also, your voice doesn't suck at all. :P

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: eternal248#1817
  • "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 10, 2011, 12:12:07 AM]
    « Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 12:12:07 AM »
    Update - Second Event and first battle at Goland is implemented, the enemy team and dialog will be filled at a later time. Starting work on the second Lesalia Castle Event and I'll want to insert more information about the classes soon enough.

Kagebunji [Posts: 4322]
    • View Profile
    • [March 10, 2011, 02:46:35 PM]
    Whoa, damn. Nice. And your voice is not bad at all, heh.
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 17, 2011, 04:20:35 AM]
    Alright after being busy for a few days...

update - Finished the battle layouts for the first series of battles at Igros each one leads the next with the battle formation being in between each, the two talking events still need to be completed but they will be at a later date. The first series of battles will be compiled into a demo when I have the battle system more solidified.

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [March 28, 2011, 11:15:30 AM]
    I know I haven't posted recently but I've been hard at work creating asm's for this. I'm also preparing to write all of the new formulas need for the patch. I also need to update the OP with the new jobs and mechanics but I'll do that later today after I've gotten some sleep. The ones below are working to their full extent and I have no issues with them.

--New Support Abilities Completed--

Vehemence - Increase the damage dealt on Magical and Physical Attacks in exchange for an increase in damage received.
    Steadfast   - Reduce the damage received by Magical and Physical Attacks in exchange for a decrease in damage dealt.
    Unscarred  -  Increase damage dealt and reduce damage received on both Magical and Physical attacks only when at 100% health.
    Blessed    - Increase the amount healing abilities do (MP, HP, and revive formulas all heal more) and increase the amount healed when using a healing ability.
    Turbo MP - Increase the amount of MP used in order to deal more magical damage.
    New Fury Routine - (Attacker Brave +10) * (Target Brave + 10) * Damage / 10000
    Weapon XA Calculations

Currently Working On...
    Pierce   - Ignore the Target's defensive protection (Protect, Defense Up, Steadfast, etc.)
    Unaware - Ignore the Attacker's offensive enhancements (Vehemence, Magic Attack Up, Attack Up, etc.)
    Geomancy  - Ignore the target's defensive elemental properties (resist, null, absorb) and deal neutral or weak damage.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:40:01 AM by Pride »
    Unreliable as a Mime.
    The Damned [Posts: 2168]
    • View Profile
    • [March 28, 2011, 01:01:44 PM]
    Good to see that you buffed Blessed and decided to do with Turbo MP.

Not much else to say that I didn't already talk to you about. Get some sleep.

"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"
    Pages: [1]