• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:34:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91 BugFix [King Needed a Band-Aid.]

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, September 05, 2011, 07:57:43 pm

GeneralStrife

Quick Question, can you make it so easyvent can change the music?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: GeneralStrife on September 15, 2011, 05:39:21 pm
If someone did a nice little video with easyvent showing  how easy it works, that would be perfect.

I concur but it should wait till I've got this thing basically "done", which'll either be the v1.8 or v1.9 Release.

Quote from: GeneralStrife on September 16, 2011, 01:08:51 am
Quick Question, can you make it so easyvent can change the music?

The music loaded for the event to access is set through ATTACK.OUT, which can be edited with either the existing ATTACK.OUT GUI Editor or my ATTACK.OUT Alpha Spreadsheet Editor.  Events themselves contain a Music command that lets you switch between the two musics loaded for the event through various styles and tempos.

Cheetah

I still want the new instruction to insert where the cursor is instead of right before EndEvent(). Usually I'm editing existing events and moving around a lot in my code, having to drag the instruction around all the time is going to get very confusing. I want this even more than green comments lol.

Another idea. Some kind of logic that says whether or not you are off in your "{}()" etc.
Current Projects:

Celdia

Quote from: Tyler on September 15, 2011, 10:41:03 pm
That was a really well done event, Celdia. How did you manage that upward look the monk made towards Cyan? That animation was well made.

I wish I could take credit for that bit but I was actually just using the pre-existing event sprites from the original event I was modifying. That monk has always moved like that there - he just used to be looking at Cloud and not Cyan.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Tyler

Quote from: Celdia on September 16, 2011, 02:20:01 pm
I wish I could take credit for that bit but I was actually just using the pre-existing event sprites from the original event I was modifying. That monk has always moved like that there - he just used to be looking at Cloud and not Cyan.

Ah, I didn't recognize the event, really. Aside from Aerith, anyway. I'm pretty sure I never got Cloud a legitimate way back when I played that far into the game. The event was well done regardless. It's a shame those animations are so much more harder to deal with than regular animations. They make events so much flashier.
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

RavenOfRazgriz

After a huge hiatus I think I'll try correcting the errors in EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 1.7 and adding a few new features.  I had a list of things I wanted to add but lost it all, so now's the time you all get to give me ideas after having the program at your disposal for a few months without a constant stream of updates.

So far I'm looking at:

-(){} tracing to ensure all your parens are opened / closed correctly.
-Numerous 1.7 Bugfixes (popups, Save/Load naming logic, possibly SpriteMove Generator).

Stuff I Can't Do:

-Save/Load Directly to ISO.
-Preview Event.
-Green Comments.
-Cursor Stays in Place when Inserting Event Command.  (Pretty sure I can't, anyway.)

If there's other features you think might be useful for EVSP, updates to be made to the Help files, etc., post them all now.  I'll probably let this sit a few days to a week before beginning work so some ideas can accumulate.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

lirmont

Here you go if you want it: RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting (for // comments).

Demo is in /RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting/bin/Release/RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting.exe

3lric

I would like to see more of the unknown command to be known altho i know the main issue was that you had asked for a full list and i don't know if anyone provided you with one but i do know that {42}() is needed to stop an earthquake. Thanx to Xifanie for that info.

Otherwise the only thing i can think of at this moment is that you have the 19-camera setup as

Camera(+XXXXX,+YYYYY,+ZZZZZ,+ANGLE,+MAPRT,+CAMRT,+ZOOM%,+TIMER)

but it should actually be

Camera(+XXXXX,+ZZZZZ,+YYYYY,+ANGLE,+MAPRT,+CAMRT,+ZOOM%,+TIMER)

atleast in my experience anyway. 

Hope this helps and keep up the great work! I wouldn't be able to do any of my events without this wonderful tool  :mrgreen:

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Kuraudo Sutoraifu on November 03, 2011, 03:44:16 pm
Mmmmm, preview event sounds delicious!

I know.  Sadly it's firmly placed on my list of "Stuff I Can't Do" because I'm not basically making an exact replica of FFT to make it.

Quote from: lirmont on November 03, 2011, 06:39:41 pm
Here you go if you want it: RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting (for // comments).

Demo is in /RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting/bin/Release/RichTextBox Syntax Highlighting.exe

Definitely going to take a look at this, lirmont.  Thanks much.  I found tons of tutorials on how to do this before but none of them seemed to work.  Hopefully this does, since I'd like to add the feature if possible.

Quote from: Elric42 on November 03, 2011, 06:47:26 pm
I would like to see more of the unknown command to be known altho i know the main issue was that you had asked for a full list and i don't know if anyone provided you with one but i do know that {42}() is needed to stop an earthquake. Thanx to Xifanie for that info.

Otherwise the only thing i can think of at this moment is that you have the 19-camera setup as

Camera(+XXXXX,+YYYYY,+ZZZZZ,+ANGLE,+MAPRT,+CAMRT,+ZOOM%,+TIMER)

Camera(+XXXXX,+ZZZZZ,+YYYYY,+ANGLE,+MAPRT,+CAMRT,+ZOOM%,+TIMER)

atleast in my experience anyway. 

Hope this helps and keep up the great work! I wouldn't be able to do any of my events without this wonderful tool  :mrgreen:

I'll note that down.  The Unknowns are Unknown because no one documented them anywhere I could find.  I've been updating commands as I learn what they do, though.

Are you sure that's true with Camera()?  Remember, I use XXXXX and YYYYY to determine pathfinding along the horizontal axis, with ZZZZZ controlling the vertical one in my notes so that they're more consistent with things like WalkTo.  You might be right, though, since SpriteMove() uses XXXXX ZZZZZ YYYYY as my memory serves.  If you can verify things a bit better for me before next update it'd be much appreciated.

Now if I could get the error messages to display how I want them too, but getting it to work right is so finicky...

3lric

QuoteAre you sure that's true with Camera()?  Remember, I use XXXXX and YYYYY to determine pathfinding along the horizontal axis, with ZZZZZ controlling the vertical one in my notes so that they're more consistent with things like WalkTo.  You might be right, though, since SpriteMove() uses XXXXX ZZZZZ YYYYY as my memory serves.  If you can verify things a bit better for me before next update it'd be much appreciated.

Yes, after much stress over the matter initially I am sure, because i use things like

Camera(+00750,-03000,+00400,+00450,+00128,+00000,+04096,+00256) Camera goes up
and
Camera(+00750,-00150,+00400,+00450,+00128,+00000,+04096,+00256) Camera comes back down

to have the camera go into the sky when switching between events (which is odd that Z needs to be negative to move up and using + makes it go under the board)

GeneralStrife

I sure wish you could make replacing formation sprites and portraits easier. Damn that is a pain in the ass.

3lric

Quote from: GeneralStrife on November 04, 2011, 03:48:19 pm
I sure wish you could make replacing formation sprites and portraits easier. Damn that is a pain in the ass.

I wish he could as well, but thats not really part of EasyVent :P

Also GS i see you asked about the music a while back on this page,  Music(x01,+VOL,+TIM) is the music command and it does indeed switch between the 2 in Attack.out,
but if i remember correctly no matter what settings you use it will always switch it to the second song with no way to bring it back to the first or use other songs
not setup in Attack.out.. If I'm wrong i would love to be corrected on this.

RavenOfRazgriz

Try Music(x00,+VOL,+TIM) to go back to the first song.  It's probably a 00/01 used to choose first song or second song and the command was poorly documented on the front page or something.  I made many help files quickly off the info at hand, so things like that probably slipped through the cracks on my help files.

That Camera() stuff is good to know, though, since I can fix up the Camera Maker and such easily for 1.8.

3lric

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on November 04, 2011, 07:59:34 pm
Try Music(x00,+VOL,+TIM) to go back to the first song.  It's probably a 00/01 used to choose first song or second song and the command was poorly documented on the front page or something.  I made many help files quickly off the info at hand, so things like that probably slipped through the cracks on my help files.

That Camera() stuff is good to know, though, since I can fix up the Camera Maker and such easily for 1.8.

I think when i tried that before it just restarted the second track but your probably right, I'll have ta try it again next time i need to change music

Edit, here is another bug I found.

you have Rotate setup as
RotateUnit(xID,xNE,xDR,xCL,xRS,xTM)

RotateUnit(xID,xNE,xDR,xCL,xRS,TIM)

3lric

In UnitAnim

Are all standing animations tho they make them stand at a Angle and need to adjusted by the person editing the event, these would be the correcting standing poses versus 06, 07, 08 since those are for when they stand still in battle.

Just thought i would let you know  :mrgreen:

EDIT: I made a video of all the Character Unitanim (since some monsters are different) they are numbered rather then named but they should be pretty simple to figure out.
You can see it here:

RavenOfRazgriz

Can you toss me a text list of the stuff in that video, Elric?  Much easier to reference when editing.

Also, I just brute-forced TEST.EVT so I can be sure all the Events I labeled as *None* on the Wiki and in EasyVent were actually empty.  The only one that was occupied was x194, which is the Game Over Event.  I'll be adjusting EasyVent Editor Super Perfect's information to reflect this in the next update as well as adjusting the reorganization in Vanilla Plus to work around this.

Yes, this means I'm finally looking over things and beginning to work on EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.8. 

Though, Lirmont, the code you gave me doesn't quite work.  I'm getting quite a few errors before even compiling.  Is there some kind of library or something I need to download to make it work?  I use Visual Studio 2008 to code this, if that helps.

lirmont

Well, it's a VS2010 project that targets .NET 4.0, so you may need to just lift the code of the TextChanged event handler to use in your own code. I wasn't aware at the time that I'd compiled it with a bunch of unused default references. I don't believe I actually used anything other than: System, System.Core, System.Drawing (the Color class), and System.Windows.Forms. You can remove all the other references, if that's what the error messages are about, but it's probably just simpler to copy and paste the event code (RichTextBox1_TextChanged) out of the source I provided into the project source you have (then link your RichTextBox in the designer to the event) to get it running. Sorry about that.

RavenOfRazgriz

Welp.  I'm having issues doing that.  VB2008 won't open your Solution file as a standalone.  I had merely added it to my project before and it added the Resources and Designer parts (where I was getting those errors I mentioned), but I just realized it wasn't even adding the parts I needed to my Project and tried to open it as a standalone, at which point VB2008 decided to inform me it can't open Solutions from newer versions of VB. 

Could you paste the code I need when you get some time, please?

lirmont

This is the TextChanged handler (on a RichTextBox form control):

Private Sub RichTextBox1_TextChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RichTextBox1.TextChanged
       ' Reset color to black.
       Dim previousOffset = RichTextBox1.SelectionStart ' Get current offset for use with reseting text.
       RichTextBox1.SelectAll() ' Push all text into selection.
       RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Black ' Turn to black.
       RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = previousOffset ' Return selection offset to where it was.
       RichTextBox1.Select(previousOffset, 0) ' Select no characters.

' Do highlighting.
       Dim runningLength = 0
       Dim lineCount = 0 ' Account for newlines.
       For Each line In RichTextBox1.Lines
           If line.Contains("//") Then
               Dim offsetOfComment = RichTextBox1.Find(characterSet:="//", start:=runningLength)
               Dim currentOffset = RichTextBox1.SelectionStart
               RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = offsetOfComment
               RichTextBox1.Select(offsetOfComment, runningLength + line.Count - offsetOfComment + lineCount)
               RichTextBox1.SelectionColor = Color.Green
               RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = currentOffset
               RichTextBox1.Select(currentOffset, 0)
           End If
           lineCount = lineCount + 1
           runningLength = runningLength + line.Count
       Next
   End Sub

The other code is for putting text at a specific point in a specific RichTextBox control and returning the cursor to be right before it (replace "TextBox1.Text" with whatever text you want to place at the cursor).

Dim currentOffset = RichTextBox1.SelectionStart
       RichTextBox1.SelectedText = TextBox1.Text
       RichTextBox1.Focus()
       RichTextBox1.SelectionStart = currentOffset