• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:03:26 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

I got two questions....for now...

Started by Oblivion, March 21, 2009, 07:52:59 am

Kaijyuu

March 27, 2009, 06:46:52 pm #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Type1, Type2, Mon, ect are just how the game animates the sprite. Everything concerning game mechanics is determined by gender (male, female, monster) and job.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

March 27, 2009, 11:40:54 pm #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
yeah...

i used those 2 patches because i couldn't fit the sizes of custom sprites into the right places without it
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

March 28, 2009, 12:38:24 am #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Oh...so its better to use those 2 patches if wanna change the types of the sprites?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

jimmyjw88

March 28, 2009, 12:42:37 am #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Quote from: "Azrael"I _think_ type 1 / 2 is mostly negligible - it only matters to the game engine trying to animate the sprites, and noting that type 1 is mostly fighter-esque classes, whilst type 2 is mostly mage classes, and the like... my guess is it simply has to do with animating the sprites...

Eh, forgive me. I obviously really don't know what I'm talking about... ^^   just my guess, is all.

I found out where the conflict was... turns out slot 3A is used for 'Villain' job name, and in fact 3A IS the Villain.. silly me. I'll reply back later if changing this corrects the problem.   >.<

Can someone verify for me that sprite 3A on an expanded .ISO is blank? I was pretty sure I double-checked, but I want to be sure I'm not leaving a slug's trail of 'damaged' files in the process of trying to implement a few changes...

Ahaha....You found out where the conflict was... but i still can't find mine =.=
Now, all dragon knight need to change back to normal and i've to make a special character for dragon knight class...=.=
Sad....i wanted all the dragon knight to use the skills that i made so it'll be more challenging....but looks like my plan failed =.=
Sad sad...stupid bug...
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Azrael

March 28, 2009, 09:51:06 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
This is getting frustrating.. lol

Ok, so it's become apparent that the problem lies in which slot I set the sprite to.. I've tried three so far (again, mind you I'm on v1.3, and trying not to overwrite the uniques that came with it), and each gives me a skillset associated with that slot - 3A gave me Villain w/ Frogspell, 3B gave me Limit, and 12 (dead malak) gave me, of course, Hell Knight and Un-Truth.

...is there an actual blank slot that won't do this, or is there a way to prevent the original skillset from overriding mine..? I can't even use the ones being assigned to me - trying to select the skillset react as if I pressed the cancel button..

..and I haven't even bothered making it to formation to see if I can change jobs successfully, since the first trial..

...gah...

Also, is there an UNBROKEN link to the bug free text editor? I keep getting weird text changes (boxes showing up in place of hings such as every occurence of 'an', 'er', '!', '+', ', ', etc...)..

jimmyjw88

March 28, 2009, 10:17:12 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well, i'm not quite sure of the problem about slots and skillset cause i'm not sure what you're trying to do now.
As for text, after you patched with FFTPatcher, the text turns out like that?

Azrael

March 29, 2009, 01:30:02 am #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
Also, it was mentioned that if one changes a certain byte, a type 1 / type 2 / monster / zodiac change _could_ be made... I don't know very much at all about hex editing, or more specifically, where and how I would make this change...

....?

Also, an update on my problem concerning my edit of the generics in ENTD event 188 (the event that gives you your starting 6 generics)..

I'm still trying to make one of the generics into an NPC with a custom skillset, although I keep having issues with whatever slot I assign my sprite to.. Well, I can verify that it has something to do with the slots..

Tried playing with Malak's slot some more (12 - dead Malak)..

I've noticed as I said before the game seems to want to force the skillset of whatever slot I choose for my sprite... so I changed the default skillset for Malak to 04 <blank>, the one I've been using for my custom skillset, and noted that I can get it to appear right finally - the original problem here seemed to be that, in reaction to my skillset not showing up, I tried to force primary skillset to 04 <blank>, but the game would override that selection, force whatever skillset went with the slot for my sprite, and it came mastered. Setting it back to FF<Job's> seemed to fix this problem, though I imagine it'd still force the one for the slot - it just so happens to now be 04.

However... I still can't seem to actually USE any skills. GAH! Mad :x

Azrael

March 30, 2009, 05:18:33 am #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
SUCCESS! ...well, it'll be a bit before I see if Rudvich's sprite will glitch, but he's only in two scense anyways, so..

I set my generic in ENTD 188 to sprite - 23, job - 23 Bi-count, and skillset - 23 Magic (Teta's), customized, edited Rudvich in ENTD, and voila! My generic is.. well, now a fully-functional NPC of my design :D

Skillset works, I can change jobs without losing mine (haven't tested in battle yet), and it would _appear_ that my sprite would override...

The only issue is that Ramza's ch 1 sprite and Rudvich's portrait are used in formation - no biggie, but I'd like to understand how to properly change the formation sprite. I watched S.Blade's video, and kind of get the gist, but I'm not sure I understand what sprite I should be changing / how to get my sprite to link to whatever I put into UNIT.BIN. Any tips on THAT would pretty much put a big shit-eating grin on my face and make me shut up and stop bugging people about my game xD

Thanks a LOT by the way to all of you - you've been a great help, and I kinda am in awe, having never actually thought any of my ideas - YEARS AGO, when playing this game for the first time - could actually be made into real changes, by my own hand (mostly..).

..pretty sweet stuff!

jimmyjw88

March 30, 2009, 05:57:07 am #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
So let me get what you're trying to do here.
You're trying to edit the 6 generics that you're going to get after the event, making them custom job, sprites, and skills but without changing the generic jobs, sprites and skills; so you are using NPC jobs to replace the 6 generics and custom made them with jobs, skills and sprites so that you will get your unique party without ruin the generics?

Azrael

March 30, 2009, 03:27:10 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
Eh... umm... yeas, precisely, though I didn't really bother with all 6... it was hard enough trying to get _ONE_ good set of slots to use, let alone 3 more... I edited their names, Br, Fa, etc, and made ONE of them an NPC. I'll tinker around later, after I have fun actually PLAYING the game for a change  ;)

jimmyjw88

March 31, 2009, 11:06:11 am #50 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
I have one question.
I've been observing a few skills' actions about slashing and punching and most of it are performed by right hand, i think.
I was wondering that are all actions like slashing and punching performed by right hand or some performed by left?
Also, is the performance of the actions for the skills whether left or right are differentiated by types, like maybe type 1 = right hand while type 2 = left?
Or are they differentiated by skills, like maybe this skill = right while that skill = left?

Azrael

March 31, 2009, 03:05:16 pm #51 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
Honestly, if I'm not mistaken, the animation has nothing at all to do with the actual equipment setup... just the angle at which you are viewing it.....

I could have sworn I remember noticing this awhile back, but never completely verified it.. but I'm pretty sure you can have the same character attack, using the right hand, rotate the screen and do it again, and if it's the proper  angle, it'll be done with the left hand.

Maybe I'm just seeing things... o_O

Kaijyuu

March 31, 2009, 05:44:52 pm #52 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I think Azrael's right. As I recall, only the sword/dagger slash has an animation for both hands. Everything else just uses right or left depending on whether the sprite's x-flipped or not, and that depends on the camera angle.

Skip Sandwich

March 31, 2009, 08:29:15 pm #53 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
the only skills I know of to make use of both hands seperately are the multiple hit skills (truth, un-truth, and hydra skill), when you set those to "weapon range", the first hit uses the right hand, and all subsequent hits use the left hand.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

jimmyjw88

April 01, 2009, 12:56:22 am #54 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Oh...so basically its based on the angle that viewed during the action?
Thats sad =(
Cause i planned to make a sprite with a glove on one hand. So if i make the glove on left hand and during the animation, it show on the right, it will look awkward and vice versa. =.=
Sad.....too bad then =(

Kaijyuu

April 01, 2009, 01:05:07 am #55 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Yeah it's kinda annoying. Even the original game's spriters didn't care too much about it, though. Ramza's cowlick switches sides when you turn the camera.

A glove would be too obvious though, unfortunately.

jimmyjw88

April 01, 2009, 01:29:02 am #56 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
So, now in order to not make it look awkward, either both hands with glove or without it.
Lol

Azrael

April 02, 2009, 04:39:19 am #57 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Azrael
Actually, I don't think it's that major a detail... if you want one glove, do one glove... I mean, check out mustadio's sprite, and watch the bandanna / pouch thing on his one leg.. which leg IS it on, hmm?  o_O

Just a thought.

jimmyjw88

April 02, 2009, 12:28:26 pm #58 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Hmm...I'll take a look at it ^^

jimmyjw88

April 02, 2009, 11:42:19 pm #59 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well Azrael, the bandana / pouch thing on one leg and glove on one hand is different case as the bandana / pouch on one leg is nonetheless walking animation and whether the bandana / pouch is on either of the legs, it still doesn't really matter as it will look fine on either legs.
In my case, glove, is different as it is for punching animation and so, if the glove is on one hand while punch with the other, it will look weird. Since you have a glove on your hand, sure punch with the glove, right? Why use barehand?
That's the problem here for one hand glove.