• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:20:57 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Collection of ASM/Hex

Started by formerdeathcorps, May 18, 2010, 11:30:45 am

Vanya

It doesn't seem to me like overflow should be an issue unless it's in a LOLhack that gives you +100 PA on 5 different items you can equip at once.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Vanya on February 05, 2011, 12:50:25 am
It doesn't seem to me like overflow should be an issue unless it's in a LOLhack that gives you +100 PA on 5 different items you can equip at once.

Overflow was the wrong word choice.

Should have been underflow, which is far easier to have occur if the player gets to the end game at a low level or is just using a job that has one very low XA stat, unless the game already knows enough to stop PA/MA reduction at 0 on the equip screen despite never using that function.

The Damned

I honestly can't think of why you would want to use PA/MA reduction on equipment to begin with, though. Maybe I'm not being imaginative enough about my equipment, though.

Aren't there natural restrictions in-game anyway? Like not being able to above 50 Sp?
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

formerdeathcorps

There's not enough space in SCUS to address both overflow, underflow, and keep the existing stat caps.  I changed it to block underflow (which may happen if you do a level 1 run and made equipment like +5 MA -5 PA), and I'm assuming a sane hacker wouldn't try to go overflow the game with +/- 100 PA.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Vanya

Quote from: The Damned on February 05, 2011, 01:43:36 am
I honestly can't think of why you would want to use PA/MA reduction on equipment to begin with, though. Maybe I'm not being imaginative enough about my equipment, though.

A lot of the Dwarven equipment in passed FF games had negative effects on magical stats and certain items had them on physical stats so there is precedent for it. -SP is a no-brainer as the early games almost always had agility penalties for heavy armor.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Pickle Girl Fanboy

February 07, 2011, 01:00:08 pm #45 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:01:12 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Does your "Items can now give negative PA/MA/SP/MV/JP" hack really reduce the number of item attributes?  And are you aware that 0x80 (bit 7) on Jump allows that unit to be used as a stepping stone, like Dragons and Worker 8?  I don't know if there are any other used bits, but you should check.

And I doubt this is feasible, but why not allow items to give negative PA/MA/SP/MV/JP in the range of +7/-8, and use the remaining bits for whatever you find useful/space saving or just leave them blank for someone to link them to some Movement/Jump hacks, or weapon formula hacks?  Speaking for myself, I will never use anything beyond +7/-8, and only them as a "Cursed" item that penalizes to balance Auto-Reraise or something.  And this is feedback, not a request - don't kill yourself to make it happen.

formerdeathcorps

February 07, 2011, 03:37:31 pm #46 Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:47:54 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Pickle Girl Fanboy on February 07, 2011, 01:00:08 pm
Does your "Items can now give negative PA/MA/SP/MV/JP" hack really reduce the number of item attributes?

No, it doesn't.  The only thing it forbids is bonuses above +127 on units, but since PA/MA/SP caps at 99 and 50, respectively, you couldn't do that in FFT anyways.

And are you aware that 0x80 (bit 7) on Jump allows that unit to be used as a stepping stone, like Dragons and Worker 8?  I don't know if there are any other used bits, but you should check.

Yes, I know that, but that's only on the byte in the job class section.  It has nothing to do with items.
EDIT: The issue is more likely a problem with signed loading.  You'll have tiamats with a base jump of -124.  I'll probably have to reroute that flag.

And I doubt this is feasible, but why not allow items to give negative PA/MA/SP/MV/JP in the range of +7/-8, and use the remaining bits for whatever you find useful/space saving or just leave them blank for someone to link them to some Movement/Jump hacks, or weapon formula hacks?  Speaking for myself, I will never use anything beyond +7/-8, and only them as a "Cursed" item that penalizes to balance Auto-Reraise or something.  And this is feedback, not a request - don't kill yourself to make it happen.

It is...but requires more recoding of SCUS.  I'll work on it after formulas if Pokeytax doesn't beat me to it.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Sephiroth1311

Hello formerdeathcorps, first of all thanks for all the wonderful hacks.

I tried to use your Oil fix (no float or darkness), and while it works flawlessly on emulators, it won't on real hardware, since every Fire spell will cause 999 HP of damage, regardless of the caster

I hope you'll try to fix it soon. :)

formerdeathcorps

October 25, 2011, 11:31:29 am #48 Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:15:14 pm by formerdeathcorps
Quote from: Sephiroth1311 on October 20, 2011, 02:48:09 am
Hello formerdeathcorps, first of all thanks for all the wonderful hacks.

I tried to use your Oil fix (no float or darkness), and while it works flawlessly on emulators, it won't on real hardware, since every Fire spell will cause 999 HP of damage, regardless of the caster

I hope you'll try to fix it soon. :)

I made that hack before I learned about load delay.  A fixed version is included in the attachment.

No, I'm not dead, but the next hack out from me will be the formula hack v0.5.

Sephiroth1311

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on October 25, 2011, 11:31:29 am
I made that hack before I learned about load delay.  A fixed version is included in the attachment.

No, I'm not dead, but the next hack out from me will be the formula hack v0.5.

Thanks! ;)

Generic19

Quote from: formerdeathcorps on January 16, 2011, 06:51:30 pm
Blade Grasp now blocks all sharp weapons (except axes and flails) + fists + poles.

To clarify,
sharp = katana, knife, sword, knight sword, ninja sword, spear
Poles = Staffs, oracle rod, wizards rod
????

formerdeathcorps

Poles = sticks (oracle weapon)
Sharp weapons = what you just said