• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:46:37 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Requesting Help with portraits.

Started by Korangar7776, July 10, 2011, 08:05:05 pm

Korangar7776

Hello all.
Just yesterday I decided to start editing sprites and stuff, so I am still a newbie here.
So far, I only managed to swap already existing sprites and portraits in both battle and roster, which was my main goal.
But now I decided I want to make my own portrait(no sprites yet) and I am clueless.

With the little I understood, I tried to simply edit an already existing saved wldface file I extracted from the ISO, and I was happy with it.
I used Sai Paint to edit my extracted wldface file which was 4 bits(or something, I am not sure what this means), but then when I opened it on GraphicGale its a 24 bits(needles too say, FFTEVGRP would not let me import said file :()
I also tried making a new image from GraphicGale  with 32 x48 x 4 bits things, but when I copy and paste my edited image, the colours are all messy.

If anyone could give me an advice on how to create my own portrait, I would be very grateful.

Korangar7776

Well I feel dumb.
Turns out you can draw/paint within GraphicGale too, so all I have to do is redraw my portrait again in there xD

Korangar7776

Now I found another problem.
I managed to make the portrait show in the battle formation and roster, but not in actual battles.
I used Shishi for that part, but when I import my edited bmp, the portrait is all black.
This gets fixed if I uncheck the "always use corresponding palete" but everytime I close Shishi, the option gets checked again.
Not only that, but if I let that option on, all the original sprites will look messy.
Any advice would be appreciated s;

GeneralStrife

Korangar7776

Yeah the portrait ends up as that because the spritesheet for shishi ask me to do an 8 bits(256 colours I think) bmp.
Is there a way.
Using a 4 bits spritesheet makes me get an error ;x