• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:47:31 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Patcher 0.479 ASM Hack Collection

Started by formerdeathcorps, January 13, 2012, 05:49:17 pm

formerdeathcorps

I'm collecting and editing all of FFH's ASM hacks for the upcoming official release of FFT Patcher .479.  However, the task of tracking down all of my private hacks is already wearing me out; I really don't think I'll be in a fit state to track down everyone else's hacks.

Hence, I humbly request everyone who's ever written ASM hacks for FFH except myself, Razele, Xifanie, and nates1984 to please gather all your non-table ASM hacks posted in either on the forums (regardless of whether in a help topic or in a specialized personal hacks thread) or in a FTP.  Please post the gathered ASMs in .XML form in this thread.  It would be really nice if you could also check your hacks for errors (load delay, does not do as advertised, has unintentional effects on mechanics), if only to save me the work of scrutinizing every hack.

NOTE: You do not need to be proficient at ASM.  If you simply want to help search the Hacking and Help! section for hacks authored by someone that wasn't organized previously into a personal hacks thread, I'd certainly appreciate the help as well.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Choto

Here is a hack that lets the dragon formulas (5A-5D) hit all monsters. They will not hit humans. Thanks again for the help Pride!

formerdeathcorps

I have all the hacks made by myself, Razele, Xif, and nates1984.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Argy

Here is what I have found so far;

This is SB's work and had the BATTLE.BIN attached, so I hope that helps
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1285.20

Read the first post and it says that there is 18k of ASM in there
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1285.20

Thats what I have found for the moment, I will check again tomorrow as well
  • Modding version: PSX
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

RavenOfRazgriz

I only know of the ones Pride has posted in his thread, but I went through a few days ago with FFM when asking him to try and fix Pride's Individual Weapon Proc Hack to make a list of all of Pride's ASMs that would need shifting with the additional lines of code that'd need to be added before the weapon table.  That list seems useful here, so:

Job Defense Boost 1.0
Formula 28 (Steal Exp) becomes (100 - Target Faith) * (MA * Y)
Wall becomes "Mist" or MP Regen
Formula 5E becomes (PA + Y) / 2 * PA Hit_(1+X)
Elemental Weakness reduced to 3/2
Formula 4e becomes Hit_(MA + X) Dmg_(MA * Y)

For reference, the part where the Weapon Proc Hack would need to gain a few lines is at 0xf6A68, so if you find any of Pride's hacks that aren't in his thread, you want to see if they're before or after this offset to see if they'll need to be shifted or not.

formerdeathcorps

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7029.0

It seems like we also need for people who did "one-shot" ASMs too...this could take forever.

RavenOfRazgriz

I want to know what the first paragraph of that kid's OP is talking about by "patching helper."  I just went through the entire source code for my OrgASM Generator thinking he was talking about that but it outputs OPEN_OPEN_BIN and EVENT_REQUIRE_OUT like he said to use, so it's not that he's talking about.  No one's ever bothered to report an error, either, so...

Glain

He seems to be implying that he actually looked around in the FFTPatcher/FFTorgASM source code itself. When he says "helper", he may just be referring to one of the files FFTP uses to do its work.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

January 21, 2012, 12:32:48 pm #9 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:11:04 pm by Choto
Here are a couple more random ones that you may or may not have. I scoped about the first 20 pages of help. I actually came upon alot of helpful info in the process in the form of old posts. Here are the hacks:

[Weapon] formula fix - I believe this one let you use formula 01 without defaulting to the fist formula. Does this also work with formulas 02 and 03?

Fist formula uses naked PA - uses "original PA" instead of "Current Pa"

Formula 08 inflicts 100% status

No Bonus damage from having Spear equipped with Jump

No spillover JP

Recover 10% of MP each turn regardless of status - brand spankin new via Pride

Units start with 0 MP - Not sure if you kept this or not, the one you just did for rfh

I havent tested any of them, but I think most have been tested/used in the past

Edit: Added Glain's ASM hacks, I put Prides and FFMasters together but there are errors in them, so i'll figure them out and post them

Glain

I just added two things to my assorted ASM thread and uploaded a new XML with the basic gear level stuff in it as well as the new stuff. It doesn't have some of the obscure gear level ones in it though like the one that Choto posted. Not sure whether to include that or not, since it was basically a workaround for not being able to use the shop availability variable, and then I figured out how to use it.

Rfh

January 22, 2012, 11:52:50 am #12 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:12:33 pm by Rfh
<Patch name="Formula 0D can hit when status not applied">
   <Description>
      Formula 0D can hit when status not applied
   </Description>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="121F60">
     ad1f060c
   </Location>
 </Patch>

<Patch name="SP removed in formula 3B">
   <Description>SP removed in formula 3A</Description>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11FDA4">
   </Location>
 </Patch>

• Discord username: rfh

RandMuadDib

Quote from: Rfh on January 22, 2012, 11:52:50 am
  <Patch name="SP removed in formula 3A">
    <Description>SP removed in formula 3A</Description>
    <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11FDA4">
    </Location>
  </Patch>

according to the wiki, formula 3A doesn't use speed, though 3B has the option of boosting speed...
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Rfh

January 22, 2012, 03:47:38 pm #14 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 04:14:52 pm by Rfh
Quote from: RandMuadDib on January 22, 2012, 01:35:59 pm
according to the wiki, formula 3A doesn't use speed, though 3B has the option of boosting speed...

Sorry, it is formula 3B.

, [3e], and [44] can be elementally canceled]
<Patch name="Formulas [17], [3e], and [44] can be elementally canceled">
   <Description>
     Formulas [17], [3e], and [44] can be elementally canceled
   </Description>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11fe54">
     1980023C
     982D428C
     1980033C
     902D638C
     2C004494
     250062A0
     FE1B0608
     040064A4
   </Location>
   <Location file="BATTLE_BIN" offset="11f6ec">
     1980033C
     982D638C
     FFFF4224
     2A284000
     1980033C
     902D638C
     040062A4
     FE1B0608
     250064A0
   </Location>
 </Patch>

• Discord username: rfh

MysticKnightFF5

An incomplete list of pokeytac's ASMs, formatted correctly

RavenOfRazgriz

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6893.0

I'm just leaving this thread here.  Seems relevant to some extent, should probably be in the Hacking forum's sticky.

The bit that mainly makes me drop it here, other than the one ASM it contains, is:

Quote from: PokeytaxThe Elemental table is also nearby at 0x5E9D0: this might actually be handy, because as much as I love Elemental, 12 ability slots is too many. I don't see any issues consolidating these down - this is where Counter Flood looks too.

I know all ye ASMers are watching this thread, so someone may want to crack this bitch open.

formerdeathcorps

March 25, 2012, 08:10:57 pm #17 Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:34:51 am by formerdeathcorps
We're already on version .480, but here's the fruits of my labor.

Fixed:
FFTP 457 ASMs are now entirely fixed.  This means they should have no more logic errors, load delay errors, pipeline hazards, and should be written in a maximally general form.  That being said, many will still be obviated by my formula hack.

Things to add:
The rest of Pokeytax
The rest of SA
The rest of FFM
The rest of Pride
The stuff SB / LD / Xif put custom into their mods.  Yes, this will mean downloading copies of these old patches and manually examining BATTLE.BIN for differences.
My hacks that aren't getting incorporated into the Formula Hack (not many of those)

Things to do:
Generalizations of Pokeytax / FFM / Pride / SB hacks.

formerdeathcorps

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/CT_Hack

Here's another gem from the past.  It's probably not written right, but I think I can fix that.

Glain

Very nice! This should make the ASMs a lot more stable (and able to work in multiple emulators).

I'll have to insert these new XMLs into the code project. I didn't compile my latest version of FFTP (with the <Variable> tag changes for FFTorgASM), only uploaded the source to the Google code page. I should probably recompile all that stuff and release another version with this included?