Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen/RetroArch is recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
May I kill him?
Pride [Posts: 839]
  • View Profile
  • [April 04, 2011, 11:12:17 AM]
Pride's ASM Thread (MP Switch overflow damages HP)
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:12:17 AM »
This is a legacy thread, please visit my new thread for new and updated ASMs.

Might as well post some ASM stuff... These are all Battle.BIN unless specified. If you have a formula you want created let me know and I'll create it (assuming its in my ability). You can request other asms but no guarantees as I'm not as well versed in some sections of the battle.bin. I attached an xml to the bottom that can be added to FFT orgASM.

Job Defensive Boost

This hack assigns each job with a number (both a magical and physical) that will reduce damage done through X / 256, so if you wanted a 10% decrease in Physical attacks you would have to use 0x19 (25) rather then 0x0A (10). You check the ai flag Magic Defense Up or Defense Up to determine if the ability will use the jobs Physical or Magical number or you can check neither and the ability will ignore these modifiers (probably very useful for boss enemies). Pokeytax was kind enough to create a simple to use spreadsheet which is attached below for everyone to use. It is VERY important to note that this hack is probably incompatible with Xif's Fury hack, I will have to fix this at a later time. 

Individual Weapon Proc 1.0

This asm creates an individual proc for each weapon, so you can have a special staff that cast Esuna at 100% and you don't have the terror of your book that cast Flare at 100% or a Knife that inflicts Blind at 100% and a Sword that inflicts Undead at 50%. You obviously use Formula 2 to cast a Spell. To set the rate for each weapon you need to refer to this list. http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Items_List

You then add the item number to 0xF6aa0. So if you wanted to boost Thunder Rod's proc, you'd add 0x34 to 0xf6aa0 and you'd change the value at f6ad4. All values are in hex of course (so a 25% rate would be 0x19 in hex). If you do use this ASM don't forget that you do have to change the values to the weapons you want to stay at 19% rate to 13%.

What also is included is a way to create an Accessory that doubles the proc rate for all of the weapons which is signified as XX below. Refer to the list above to set the Accessory. d0 = Battle Boots, d8 = Genji Gloves, ef = Salty Rage, etc. If you do not want this feature, set XX to F0.

Endurance 1.0
Based off of SentinalBlade's old Endurance for Symbols of Rage. The PA part of the formula is affected by Current HP * PA / Max HP. This is after Two Hands but before other XA modifiers such as Attack Up, and Compat. So any formula that uses the Attack Up modifier will be affected (Formula 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 2d, and a few others).  A few notable that it does not affect are Jump and Throw. I plan on redoing this; what I'm not sure what I should make it only affect.

Punch Formula becomes (PA + XX)/2 * PA
Change of the normal punch from of (PA * (Br/100)) * PA to (PA + XX)/2 * PA like the Punch Art formula. Change XX to whatever you would like, in hex of course.

Formula 11 becomes (Jump * 2) * WP
Turns the normally NS formula into this. If you look under the section f6858, you can change 3b to 36 for PA, 37 for MA, 38 for Speed, or 3a for move. Change 40100200 to 00000000 if you want to remove the * 2 part of the formula.  And 0239 to fa38 if you would rather use the formula Y rather then WP. Mix and match if the formula isn't what you want and I've highlighted the sections below that you can change. So you could have the formula read as MA * WP if you wanted. None of these changes will affect the attack up, defense up, etc. part of the formula though. Status are inflicted at 100% like Formula 2d and it takes the ability element rather then the weapon.

Formula 11 becomes Damage = Y
"Y" corresponds with the Y value in the Patcher. For obvious reasons, this is incompatible with my other Formula 11 asm.   

Formula 20, 21, and 23 become MA+PA/2 * Y
Requested by Mando a long time ago. Replaces the MA * Y for all of the relevant Draw Out formulas to MA+PA/2 * Y.

Formula 13 becomes Heal HP (Attacker's Current HP) Hit F_(MA+X)%
Basically White Wind from previous Final Fantasy games, some games heal it differently but most of the time it heals based on the users current hp so I kept that. It accepts elemental boost, 100% status, and damages the undead. I thought a flat 100% chance to hit was broken, so I added the Hit % function with Faith.

Untruth "Bug" Correction
Faith causes the units to have "0" Faith and Innocent causes units to have "100" Faith when using Formula  1F or Untruth.

Formula 2D becomes (PA + Y)*XX/ZZ*WP
Requested by DrBreen. Y refers to the formula Y and XX/ZZ are adjustable hex values indicated below.

Formula 1F or "Untruth" becomes (WP + Y) * PA

Formula 42 or the "Work" formula gains Status, Elemental, Physical Evasion, and whatever else it was missing.

0 Gil earned from Level Bonus

Remove Female Only Equipment
In SCUS_942.21

Formula 28 (Steal Exp) becomes (100 - Target Faith) * (MA * Y)

Martial Arts boost by 25% instead of 50%

Wall becomes "Mist" or MP Regen
This is intended to be used with FFMaster's Wall asm to make the ai attack Wall'd units. The MP Regen recovers 1/4 of Max MP after each turn. I thought it was better then 1/8 like normal Regen.

Formula 5E becomes (PA + Y) / 2 * PA Hit_(1+X)
Takes everything you would expect from a physical formula.

Elemental Weakness reduced to 3/2

Formula 4e becomes Hit_(MA + X) Dmg_(MA * Y)

Remove Spill Over JP

Constant Faith

Faith adds a constant value, so it mirrors Xif's Fury asm. Change the bold 23 into which ever number you would like to use as a constant (in hex of course). Defaulted is 0x23 (or 35 in dec).

EX. (Damage * (Attacker's Faith + 35) * (Defender's Faith + 35)) / 10000

MP Switch Overflow damages HP
Any excess damage from MP Switch no longer goes to waste. It will damage the target's HP if there is any excess.
EX: Attacker deals 150 damage, Defender has 50 MP. The Defender would lose 50 MP (all of it) then receive 100 Damage.

battle.bin
0x001261B8
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:22:39 PM by Pride »
    • Modding version: PSX
  • Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 04, 2011, 10:43:50 PM]
    Re: Pride's small ASM
    « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:50 PM »
    Added Formula 11 NS becomes (Jump * 2) * WP. Requested by Mando

Concepts and Balance Guru, Resident Violist
    Zaen [Posts: 403]
    • View Profile
    • [April 04, 2011, 10:51:57 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:51:57 PM »
    Very nice. I might use the Endurance and Jump ASMs.

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar
    FFAT,Producer, Animator, Spriter, Thread Thief
    Mando [Posts: 368]
    • View Profile
    • [April 04, 2011, 11:52:26 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »
    Thanks Pride!

Ya gogo 'Jump' !!!!

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2011, 07:30:49 AM]
    « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:30:49 AM »
    Updated .XML to include Punch Formula, Formula 11. Added a hack I made for Mando a while ago; Draw Out formulas becomes MA+PA/2 * Y over MA * Y.

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 06, 2011, 09:19:35 AM]
    « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:19:35 AM »
    Doubling posting cause I can.

Added Formula 13 becomes "White Wind" Heal HP (Attacker's Current HP) Hit F_(MA+X)%

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 10, 2011, 08:36:55 AM]
    Re: Pride's small ASM (Added Untruth "Bug" correction)
    « Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 08:36:55 AM »
    Added Formula 2D becomes (PA + Y)*XX/ZZ*WP. Requested by DrBreen.

Triple post? :[

DrBreen [Posts: 61]
    • View Profile
    • [April 10, 2011, 09:59:20 AM]
    « Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
    Woow!
    It's really this formula!
    Thank you very much! Thanks :)
    Words cannot describe how gladful i am!
    Thank you very much,this will be definitely helpful for my patch!
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:09:42 AM by DrBreen »
    DrBreen [Posts: 61]
    • View Profile
    • [April 10, 2011, 11:30:34 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 11:30:34 AM »
    Doubleposting to doublethank Pride!
    Thank you!
    This thing work,and its working good! =D
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 23, 2011, 02:17:48 AM]
    Re: Pride's small ASM (Added Untruth becomes (WP +Y) * PA)
    « Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »
    Added a few features to the Work formula such as Status like the Sword Skill Formula, and Elemental Absorb. Check it out ^_^

SentinalBlade [Posts: 1505]
    • View Profile
    • [April 27, 2011, 10:31:09 PM]
    Haha, holy shit! i didnt expect anyone to take any endurance in my old Endurance hack. Thanks for giving me the credit for its base, though. I appreciate it!

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 27, 2011, 11:45:05 PM]
    Heh, you're welcome ^_^ It wouldn't be right to steal use an idea without giving proper credit. I actually plan on updating it soon but still wondering what I should do with it exactly.

ALL THE THINGS Official Caretaker.
    RavenOfRazgriz [Posts: 3030]
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 02:01:16 AM]
    You're missing a few of the hacks you made for me.  I can dig them out of my PM box if you want to post them, since you posted the Fist Formula Hack.

Also, I had a few ideas regarding a 2D hack, if you want to try it.
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 02:18:20 AM]
    Yeah PM me them because I can't view my sent messages. And fire away with a suggested asm ^_^

SentinalBlade [Posts: 1505]
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 03:59:54 AM]
    You should make it work with the Fury hack, that zodiac made awhile back(dunno his new new SN yet, lol). Thats the only reason i never took it anywhere, because i wanted it to work in conjunction with it. After a long asm session with no fix in site, i decided to just call it done, lol

May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 04:37:56 AM]
    Looking at the offsets where Xif made it, I don't see why it wouldn't work together (it would mess up a current asm I'm working on but I wrote my own "fury" asm a while ago and never published it because of hers) but I can't be sure without testing it.

crazypants [Posts: 6]
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 08:07:28 AM]
    Could you convert Formula 11 to always deal 200 damage? When I was lurking I saw I a thing for a Blowfish like ability and I would like to have it. Thank you.
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 09:11:53 AM]
    Added Formula 11 = Y above. It doesn't have any modifiers (I'm assuming you didn't want any). If there's anything you want changed let me know.

crazypants [Posts: 6]
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 09:33:18 AM]
    It's exactly what I want. Thanks!
    May I kill him?
    • View Profile
    • [April 28, 2011, 09:35:33 AM]
    You're welcome! Enjoy ^_^

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8