• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

Jumza

Quote from: nitwit on July 08, 2016, 08:26:50 pm
Not much point in making something that isn't modular.  Way less effort in the long run...

Unless you just wanted something specific :P As Xifanie said, it's easy enough to just make what you want with all the documentation on the wiki. Emmy doesn't just make formula's for the heck of it, she either uses them for her own purposes or makes them for other people.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Blitzball Pro

Been a long time since I've posted anything, sorry I've got so much personal stuff going on, especially apologize to Xif, haven't had time to test your alt animations yet either. I suspect I'll get to have a bit more pc time soon though once people get back from vacation at work and when my inlaws move downstairs and we get more than our large room for ourselves and our kids. Anyways, I was wondering if there is a way to give special units a completely different job tree than generics? I think Rad can get me close to it, and most likely would have to cut each wheel at least in half, but basically want to change it so special/unique classes start on a different generic job, perhaps further down the wheel or even be able to choose where each individual one starts, ie if it the character is more of a mage than warrior type for example. Or if there is some kind of tool I am missing do exactly that without ASM?
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .

Pride

I was originally altering the formulas to read as a script so you could be able to add in the routines that you wanted to use for each individual formulas. Not as expansive as FDCs which go by individual ability but very flexible (and easier to implement/code).
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

nitwit

That sounds mighty interesting Pride.  This fdc guy didn't really tell people what he was trying to do or document anything, so all his work is long gone.  If it's planned out, it will be easier for several people to work on and for people to pick it up when one person quits.

I don't want to spam this topic though, so want to make another one?  What should it be called?

Emmy

I'm looking to merge Move on Water, Move on Lava, Move in Water, Move Underwater, Any Weather into one ability; and disable the rest of the slots.  Just changing the terrain data itself (via the Status/Terrain/Multiplier spreadsheet) wasn't enough, and I can't find where the game enables a character to stand on a lava square. :(

dotchan

Is it possible to make it so that Guests cannot change classes or gear?

Darkholme

Not that I know of.

But they take up a slot in any battles they're present in, anyways.

The way *I* would do it, is have them never actually join as guests at all, and just make them friendly NPCs in battle with the gear they're supposed to have.

nitwit

Quote from: Darkholme on September 03, 2016, 11:48:41 pm
Not that I know of.

But they take up a slot in any battles they're present in, anyways.

The way *I* would do it, is have them never actually join as guests at all, and just make them friendly NPCs in battle with the gear they're supposed to have.

How many character slots would that free up, at the expense of some slightly larger battle editing?  Aren't guests already present in the battles anyways?

Xifanie

Quote from: dotchan on September 03, 2016, 09:45:29 pm
Is it possible to make it so that Guests cannot change classes or gear?

You could probably force the game to read slot 17-20 as monster types (only when checking their ability/item menus though), but that would still be a bit of trouble to code.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Desocupado

How about changing reaction trigger rate to be independent from brave.
I see all critical XXX as having 100% trigger.
Some others too like distribute and damage split.

Darkholme

Quote from: nitwit on September 06, 2016, 01:05:59 amHow many character slots would that free up, at the expense of some slightly larger battle editing?

3 or 4 I think? Someone already made a hack that lets you use the guest slots for your own characters. Personally I never run out of slots anyways (unless I'm running around hatching eggs and most of my slots are full of unhatched eggs). It's a pain to keep everyone up to level, so I always just do 5 that are kept up to level + whatever special characters I'm lugging around for cutscenes.

Quote from: nitwit on September 06, 2016, 01:05:59 amAren't guests already present in the battles anyways?
Yes, but by default it loads their stats from your party roster, and then saves back to party roster, rather than recalculating them each fight.

If you were to skip the load & save (turn the flags off), and set their gear to Random, level to Party Level, and Job to whatever you want it to be, that's how I'd handle it. As an added bonus, your guests are now actually the same level as your PCs rather than underleveled and shitty (though their job/skill loadouts may still suck, depending on how you handle your skill JP/level JP/job requirements).

nitwit

Quote from: Darkholme on September 07, 2016, 12:51:04 am
3 or 4 I think? Someone already made a hack that lets you use the guest slots for your own characters. Personally I never run out of slots anyways (unless I'm running around hatching eggs and most of my slots are full of unhatched eggs). It's a pain to keep everyone up to level, so I always just do 5 that are kept up to level + whatever special characters I'm lugging around for cutscenes.
Yes, but by default it loads their stats from your party roster, and then saves back to party roster, rather than recalculating them each fight.

If you were to skip the load & save (turn the flags off), and set their gear to Random, level to Party Level, and Job to whatever you want it to be, that's how I'd handle it. As an added bonus, your guests are now actually the same level as your PCs rather than underleveled and shitty (though their job/skill loadouts may still suck, depending on how you handle your skill JP/level JP/job requirements).

IIRC that doesn't even require event editing.  That's just battle editing.  Turn off the join after battle flag, then use the guest slot hack. 

Darkholme

Quote from: nitwit on September 07, 2016, 12:37:21 pmTurn off the join after battle flag, then use the guest slot hack.
And specify the stats you want them to have; yes.

Isn't that what I said?

You do that, and nobody is doing any tampering with "Guest" equipment or skills.

Emmy

I've already done it that way in my mod (due to needing the special class slots for something else, and to keep the human characters from being too crappy).    No ASM required here.  Uncheck save/load formation for *every* instance the character appears in, and uncheck "join after event" if that appears too.  Make sure you edit every instance the character appears in to the Br/fa you want, gear, class, etc.  If you set them to party lv, and make them master a class they're in, they'll at least be able to do something at any player level.  As a bonus, check "Control" and the player can control the guests (Keep Algus from using all your Potions this way!) :P

@Desocupado - changing *all* reactions to 100%, or to use a different stat would be pretty easy.  All reactions use this routine in some form: http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Chance_to_React  Changing a few to 100% while keeping others not is a bit tricky.  Would be easier/take less space if you wanted, say all critical triggers to behave that way.

Darkholme

Quote from: Emmy on September 08, 2016, 11:31:23 pm(Keep Algus from using all your Potions this way!)
That rat bastard! I have on several occasions killed him because he was an active detriment to the party. Contributing nothing useful, and using up all my items.

ArcticPrism

How about something that changes gun damage from WP^2 NE to PA * WP NE?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

I'm pretty sure that's been done before.  Most of the weapon damage formulas have.

ArcticPrism

Quote from: nitwit on September 18, 2016, 05:48:05 am
I'm pretty sure that's been done before.  Most of the weapon damage formulas have.

I've been able to change it to PA * WP with Torg ASM but it loses the no evade flag which is what I really want to keep.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

nitwit

Here is the gun damage formula:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/03_Dmg_%28WP%5E2%29

Here is the generic weapon damage formula:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/01_Dmg_%28Weapon%29

Follow the generic weapon damage formula to:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Weapon_Damage_Calculation

Follow that to base XA damage calculation for each weapon (besides guns, apparently):
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Base_XA_Calculation

This seems to be the line to load an attackers PA into r16:
0185ad4: 90500036 lbu r16,0x0036(r2)          Load Attacker's PA

I'm guessing you could change these lines in 03 Dmg(WP^2) to load PA, but I'm not quite sure what register they should be loaded into:
00188bfc: 3c018019 lui r1,0x8019
00188c00: a42238d0 sh r2,0x38d0(r1)      YA = WP

dw6561

What about making statuses like Undead or Confusion have a CT (without replacing the CT of another status)? I realize this would be pretty complicated (considering that it would have to expand upon at least 3 routines relating to status CT setting, decrement, and whatever else I'm missing), but I also know that it would be helpful. Let me know if this is a good idea or if it changes too much to be worthwhile in the end.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.