• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:41:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Fur Shop Before Chapter III? [SOLVED]

Started by Ashiel, April 27, 2014, 04:29:24 pm

Ashiel

April 27, 2014, 04:29:24 pm Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 03:15:27 pm by Ashiel
Hey there everyone. I'm pretty new to the boards but I've been reading up on pretty much everything I can, and the search function has been my best friend. However, there was something I was wondering about but couldn't find on the search.  :|

How difficult would it be to make the Fur Shop available before Chapter III? I noticed that there is art for Chapter I fur shops in the game but it's unused since you can't enter the shop before chapter III. Is there a way to change that with an ASM hack? If so, does such a hack already exist or would I need a new hack?  :?

Since Secret Hunt becomes available long, long before chapter III, I wanted players in my revision to be able to take advantage of it immediately upon learning the ability. Anyone got any leads, tips, or ASM hacks that can be used for this?

Thank you in advance for any and all help.  :)

EDIT: Here's the relevant bits from the thread.
Ideally, it would be done editing event instructions, setting the variable to 1 in one of the first events in the game using these instructions:
ZERO(x0090)
ADD(x0090,x0001)

You'll want to add
ZERO(x0090)
ADD(x0090,x0001)

At the last event before the worldmap is introduced, which would be the victory event of the gariland battle, right before
EventEnd()

Tools Required
For editing the events, see Raven's EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91. You will need CDMage from the main site to repack your events back into the ISO. It's not extremely complicated.

Additional Notes
From what I understand, you should be able to use this method to open the Fur Shop at any point that you desire. If you want to open it before Chapter III but after a certain point (say after you save Elmdor, or just before Chapter II, or whatever) you can place it in another event corresponding to those timeframes.

Xifanie

I doubt there's an ASM hack for it...

Ideally, it would be done editing event instructions, setting the variable to 1 in one of the first events in the game using these instructions:
ZERO(x0090)
ADD(x0090,x0001)

I doubt, however, that someone would want to take up learning event instructions just for that. So here's a gameshark code (note: because of how GS codes work, it might cause conflict with other flags):
3005791E 0001

If you know how to edit memory directly, just enable 0x01 at 0x8005791E.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Ashiel

April 27, 2014, 09:42:19 pm #2 Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:11:52 pm by Ashiel
Hey, thanks Xifanie. I really appreciate it.

Now to learn event instructions...  :wark:

EDIT: Also, thanks for the GS code. I shall treasure it always. ;)

Xifanie

You'll want to add
ZERO(x0090)
ADD(x0090,x0001)

At the last event before the worldmap is introduced, which would be the victory event of the gariland battle, right before
EventEnd()

I don't really have time to explain in detail right now, but this topic might be able to help you:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.0
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Ashiel

April 27, 2014, 10:39:06 pm #4 Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 03:14:11 am by Ashiel
Thanks again Xifanie! I do appreciate it. I had grabbed Raven's EasyVent Editor Super Perfect v1.91 and was in the process of learning how to use it and where to place it. I was going to place it in the cadet introduction event (just before the Gariland battle).  :oops:

Thanks for helping me, and for helping me find a place to put it. ^_^

Xifanie

Oh, there would be fine too. It's really just a matter of putting the variable editing instructions together, nothing else. In fact, technically anything before Igros is fine since it's the first location to have a fur shop (Wait, does it even have one? If not, Dorter).

Ashiel

Just going from memory, I think only the trade cities have fur shops. I could be wrong though.  :|
Now I just need to get it to compile with Raven's program (which is freaking awesome :D) and then throw the event file on to the ISO with CDMage and then I think I'll be done with that. With that out of the way I can then decide where I want to go with the poaching stuff, though I should probably wait to determine that until after I've decided what items I'm revising. >_>

So much to do, but coming along so smoothly, thanks to you guys here at FFHacktics. You make this so...doable!   :wark:

Ashiel

Hot damn, it worked! Just wanted to say thanks again Xifanie (and also Raven, since he made the Event Editor). I wasn't sure if I had done it right, so I started a new game in epsxe running at double speed and ran through Dorter, and at the end of the fight the Fur Shop was opened and ready for business.

So much greatness. <(^_^)7 :more:

Xifanie

My gosh, I have to say I'm impressed you got everything figured out so quickly... I only gave some pointers and you're already done. Most people stay away from event editing like the pest and you immediately managed to accomplish what you were set to do. You sure are a smart one. o.O

And for the record, I made the event compiler/decompiler, and Raven made EasyVent, which is meant to be a GUI on top of my tools.

Ashiel

QuoteMy gosh, I have to say I'm impressed you got everything figured out so quickly... I only gave some pointers and you're already done. Most people stay away from event editing like the pest and you immediately managed to accomplish what you were set to do. You sure are a smart one. o.O
Heh, thanks! I really appreciate it. ^_^
I really love games in general and I've been reading your forums for the past several days and putting my patch together in the evenings between preparing for my D&D games. In general I've tried to find my answers to things without buggin' anyone, but I couldn't find an answer to this one. (^~^)"

QuoteAnd for the record, I made the event compiler/decompiler, and Raven made EasyVent, which is meant to be a GUI on top of my tools.
Well my hat's off to you and Raven both! Your tools are freaking amazing!  :mrgreen:  :more:

Celdia

Quote from: Ashiel on April 28, 2014, 01:14:13 am
I've been reading your forums for the past several days and putting my patch together ...  In general I've tried to find my answers to things without buggin' anyone

With an approach like that, you will be forever welcome here. If only everyone that asked questions in here took this approach to new projects. I'm already hoping you're working on something you intend to release to the community for play when you're done with it now.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Ashiel

Quote from: Celdia on April 28, 2014, 01:45:51 am
With an approach like that, you will be forever welcome here. If only everyone that asked questions in here took this approach to new projects. I'm already hoping you're working on something you intend to release to the community for play when you're done with it now.
Thanks, I'm glad to hear it. And I'll definitely share it. Sharing is caring, right? I'm just getting it worked out.

I've been working on it for about five days in the evenings. Here's the changelog. Pretty much anything here is subject to change. For example, in version 7, monsters got overhauled in a huge way (still need to adjust the pig monsters and mind flayers), pretty much nullifying all the changes to them in previous versions.

== Version 0008 ==
Items
* Ether: Available from start.

== Version 0007 ==
JOB LEVEL CHANGES
* Thief Requires: Squire 2
* Samurai Requires: Knight 2/Monk 4/Thief 3/Lancer 2
* Ninja Requires: Knight 2/Monk 3/Thief 4/Geomancer 2
* Lancer Requires: Knight 2/Thief 2

RAMZA CHAPTER I&II: HPg = 10 (up from 11)

MONSTER UPDATES
* Monster Growths: In the process of adjusting growths to various monsters to both distinguish

them from one another, and to avoid certain abilities from being OP/UP.
* Monster Skills: Several monsters are being granted spells and other abilities which they can

use in addition to their usual abilities. Some are accessable only with Beastmaster support.
* BEHEMOTHS: Behemoth monsters have been made sturdier and their growths normalized. They now

resist all elements except Dark and Holy and have innate Defense Up, making them formidable

tanks, offsetting their fairly low movement speed.
* Chocobo: Added Raise 1 as Beastmaster ability.
* B-Choco: Added Dispel Magic as Beastmaster Ability.
* R-Choco: Added Moogle as Beastmaster ability.
* Goblins: Added Blind. Added Poison as Beastmaster ability.
* B-Gobin: Added Cure. Added Raise as Beastmaster ability.
* G-Gobin: Added Haste. Added Slow as Beastmaster ability.
* Bombs: Added Fire as Beastmaster ability.
* Panther: Added Heal. Added Float as Beastmaster ability.
* Cuar: Added Steal Life. Added Don't Move as Beastmaster ability.
* Vampire: Added Spell Absorb. Added Zombie as Beastmaster ability. Innate Undead added.

Immunity to Crystal and Treasure added.
* Skeleton: Added Aqua Soul and Aqua 1. Added Silence Song as Beastmaster ability.
* Bone Snatch: Added Wind Soul and Gust 1. Added Blind Rage as Beastmaster ability.
* Living Bone: Added Life Drain and Spell Absorb. Added Lich as Beastmaster ability.
* Ghoul: Added Quake 1. Added Quake 2 as Beastmaster ability.
* Gust: Added Zombie Touch and Gust 1. Added Gust 2 as Beastmaster ability.
* Revnant: Added Aqua 1. Added Aqua 2 as Beastmaster ability.
* Flotiball: Added Destroy Sanity. Added Confusion Song as Beastmaster ability.
* Ahriman: Added Destroy Voice. Added Silence Song as Beastmaster ability.
* Plague: Added Petrify as Beastmaster ability.
* Dryads: Added Innate Regen, Defense Up, and M. Def Up to Woodman, Dryad, and Taiju. Weak vs

Fire & Ice, Half Lightning & Wind, Absorb Earth & Water.
* Woodman: Added Wall as Beastmaster ability.
* Trent: Added Esuna as Beastmaster ability.
* Taiju: Added Raise as Beastmaster ability.
* Bull Demon: Added Gather Power and Throw Stone. Added Wave Fist as Beastmaster Ability.
* Minotaurus: Added Throw Stone. Added Earth Slash as Beastmaster ability.
* Sacred: Added Throw Stone. Added Chakra as Beastmaster ability.
* Dragon (Green, Blue, Red): Replaced Tail Slap with Bolt, Ice, and Fire 1 respectively.

ABILITY CHANGES
* Virtually all reaction/support/movement abilities cheapened by 1/2 or more.
* Head Break: Changed to Destroy Sanity (add Confusion)
* Armor Break: Changed to Destroy Mind Focus (add Berserk)
* Shield Break: Changed to Destroy Voice (add Silence)
* Weapon Break: Changed to Destroy Arm (add Don't Act)
* Magic Break: Changed to Destroy Leg (add Don't Move)
* Speed Break: Changed to Destroy Speed (add Slow)
* Power Break: Changed to Destroy Sight (add Darkness)
* Mind Break: Changed to Destroy Heart (add Death Sentence)
* GEOMANCY: Add +4 power to all Geomancy, reduced range by -1.
* Black Magic: Fire/Bolt/Ice 2 nerfed to (20*MA) from (24*MA).
* Black Magic: Aqua 1&2, Gust 1&2, and Quake 1&2 added sharing power with other elemental

spells.
* Steal: Steal Gil and EXP changed to Steal Life (HP) and Steal Magic (MP).

CLASS CHANGES
* Samurai: Added Bow, Crossbow, and Polearm proficiency.
* Samurai: HPx=100 (up from 75), MAx=128 (up from 90), Innate Two Hands
* Lancer: Added Bow, Crossbow, and Sword Proficiency.
* Ninja: Added Bow, and Crossbow proficiency.
* Monk: Added Robe proficiency.
* Priest: Added Flail and Rod proficiency.
* Wizard: Added Staff proficiency.
* Geomancer: Added Rod, Staff, and Flail proficiency.
* Knight: HPx = 140, PAx = 130

o=={=========> PLAYTEST NOTES (0006) <=========}==o
* Advancement is fairly smooth. More abilities need to be cheapened.
* Knight needs tweaking. Maybe better stats, more interesting powers.
* Black Mages are borderline OP (Ice 2 + Ice Rod = KO everything in chapter 1).
* Beastmasters (archers) need more tweaking for monster abilities.
* Consider nerfing polearms vs swords due to superior reach.
* Thieves are surprisingly awesome with bows due to innate concentrate.

== Version 0006 ==

MONSTER UPDATES
* CHOCOBO-- Added Choco Esuna, Choco Ball (BM)
* BOMB-- Added Flame Attack
* FLOATIBALL-- Added Look of Devil
* WOODMAN-- Added Protect Spirit, Calm Spirit, Life Spirit (BM)
* TRENT-- Added Protect Spirit, Calm Spirit
* TAIJU-- Replaced Protect Spirit with Life Spirit
* DRAGON-- Added Thunder Bracelet,
* BLUE DRAGON-- Added Tail Swing, Holy Bracelet (BM)
* RED DRAGON-- Added Tail Swing, Holy Bracelet (BM)
* TIAMAT-- Revised: Triple Attack, Triple Bracelet, Dark Whisper, Dark Holy (BM)
* HYUDRA-- Revised: Triple Attack, Triple Thunder, Bolt
* HYDRA-- Revised: Triple Attack, Triple Flame, Fire
* BEHEMOTH-- Revised: Stab Up, Sudden Cry, Giga Flare, Accumulate (BM)
* KING BEHEMOTH-- Revised: Stab Up, Sudden Cry, Hurricane, Accumulate (BM)
* DARK BEHEMOTH-- Revised: Stab Up, Sudden Cry, Ulmaguest, Accumulate (BM)
* GOBLIN-- Revised: Tackle, Eye Gouge, Goblin Punch, Mutilate (BM)
* BLACK GOBLIN-- Revised: Tackle, Eye Gouge, Turn Punch, Mutilate (BM)
* GOBBLEDEGUCK-- Revised: Tackle, Eye Gouge, Mutilate, Goblin Punch (BM)
* RED PANTHER-- Added: Cat Kick, Blaster (BM)
* VAMPIRE-- Replaced Poison Nail with Blood Suck, Poison Nail (BM)
* SKELETON-- Revised: Knife Hand, Thunder Soul, Wind Soul, Aqua Soul (BM)
* BONE SNATCH-- Revised: Knife Hand, Aqua Soul, Ice Soul, Wind Soul (BM)
* LIVING BONE-- Revised: Aqua Soul, Poison, Lich, Wind Soul (BM)

CLASS/MONSTER CHANGES
* Living Bone MP Multiplier = 100 (up from 3)
* Beastmaster (Archer) equips: sword, polearm. Innate: Monster Skill, Train, Secret Hunt
* Beastmaster (Archer) HPx = 120, MAg = 45, MAx = 110, Move 4
* Knight equips polearms.
* Chemist HPx = 90, MPg = 10, MPx = 100, PAg = 50, MAg = 45, MAx = 90
* Squire equips shield.

ABILITY CHANGES
* Squires: Gain JP-Up removed. Gain XP-Up removed. Support: Counter Tackle, Equip Axe.

Move/Jump +1. Move-Get XP, Move-Get Jp. JP Costs for skills reduced. Counter Tackle = 0 JP.
* Chemist: Potion/Pheonix Down = 0 JP. Other skills JP costs slashed.
* Priest: Most skills 1/2 JP. Cure & Cure 2 buffed. Raise, Raise 2, Reraise Buffed. Wall

replaced Protect & Shell, hit % buffed. Holy reduced to 30 MP and 35 PW. Other spells removed.
* Wizard: Most skills 1/2 JP. Elemental 1 & 2 spells buffed. Poison AoE 2, Vert 2, high

accuracy, only hits enemies. Frog accuracy buffed. Dark Holy added (35 PW, 30 MP). Other spells

removed.
* Knight: Most skills 1/2 JP. Accuracy for skills buffed slightly. Support: Counter added.
* Time Mage: Most skills 1/2 JP. Accuracy for some skills buffed slightly.
* Oracle: Most skills 1/2 JP. Accuracy for some skills buffed slightly.
* Summoner: Moogle buffed (20*MA healing). Shiva, Ifrit, Ramuh, Silf, and Titan set to (18*MA)

damage, cost/CT normalized. Fairy revives allies at 33%. Lich steals 33% HP. Odin, Bahamut,

Cyclops reduced MP cost, CT, and damage. Golem replaced with Midgard Swarm (20*MA damage, 20%

chance of poisoned frog status).
* Geomancer: Flood skills reduced to 50 JP each.
* Monk: Most skills 1/2 JP. Repeating fist changed to Wave Fist damage. Support: Counter

Removed. Hamedo cost slashed.
* Samurai: Two-handed 400 JP.
* Ninja: Two-Swords 400 JP.

EQUIPMENT CHANGES
* Javalin WP=6, Available: Start
* Shields: Most shields tweaked. Low-level shields especially better (at least 20% evasion).

ENCOUNTER CHANGES
* Mandalia Plains (West): Added Squire & Chemist (always), Added Knights (random)
* Mandalia Plains (North): Added 2 Squires (always)
* Mandalia Plains (South): Added 1 Squire (always), 2 squires (random), 3 beastmasters

(random), 1 dragon guest (random). Guest offers join up after fight.

== Version 0005 ==
Changed Charge Skillset to Beastmaster Skillset (needs FFTacText)
* Choco Ball, Choco Esuna, Self Destruct, Flame Attack, Mind Blast, Odd Soundwave, Aqua Soul,

Wind Soul, Drain Touch, Look of Devil, Bad Bracelet, Ice Bracelet, Fire Bracelet, Thunder

Bracelet, Life Spirit, and Magic Spirit actions.
* Dragon spirit, Arrow Guard, Equip Crossbow, Equip Spear, Train, and Secret Hunt

reaction/supports.
* Added Sword and Polearm proficiency to Archer.

Monster Ability Changes
* Leaf Dance, Protect Spirit, Calm Spirit, Life Spirit, and Magic Spirit have AoE 2, Vert 1,

and only affect enemies/allies respectively.
* Life Spirit increased to (6*MA) HP+, Magic Spirit increased to (3*MA) MP+.

== Version 0004 ==
Delita & Algus Changes
*Support/Reaction/Movement changed to match squire

== Version 0003 ==
General Class Changes
* Proficiency with bows added to Ramza (all chapters), Squires, Knights, Thieves, and

Geomancers

== Version 0002 ==
Ramza Changes
* Support/Reaction/Movement changed to match squire

Squire Changes
* Equip Axe Replaced by Move +1

== Version 0001 ==
Squire Changes
* Wish added
* Counter Tackle, Move +1, Defend, Monster Skill removed
* Counter, Gain EXP Up, Move-EXP Up, Move-JP Up added

Chemist Changes
* Equip Change, and Move-Find Item removed
* Distribute, Counter Tackle, Equip Gun added

Item Changes
* Ramania Harp changed to Flintlock Pistol (WP 6, Range 6, WP*PA Damage, 1 Handed, 2 Sword)
* Bloody Strings changed to Flintlock Rifle (WP 8, Range 8, WP*PA Damage, force 2 handed)

Xifanie

Quote from: Ashiel on April 28, 2014, 02:08:23 am
Item Changes
* Ramania Harp changed to Flintlock Pistol (WP 6, Range 6, WP*PA Damage, 1 Handed, 2 Sword)
* Bloody Strings changed to Flintlock Rifle (WP 8, Range 8, WP*PA Damage, force 2 handed)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot change an equipment type to another because of how the game was coded.

I'm guessing you used the 2D formula for WP*PA? Since it's an ability formula and not originally a weapon formula, it cannot trigger Secret Hunt poaching.

And I can't say I recommend dual guns... it would allow you to equip a gun and a sword, 2 weapons with completely different attack ranges, so only the first one is considered. I forgot which other bugs are involved

Ashiel

Quote from: Xifanie on April 28, 2014, 07:54:44 am
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot change an equipment type to another because of how the game was coded.

I'm guessing you used the 2D formula for WP*PA? Since it's an ability formula and not originally a weapon formula, it cannot trigger Secret Hunt poaching.

And I can't say I recommend dual guns... it would allow you to equip a gun and a sword, 2 weapons with completely different attack ranges, so only the first one is considered. I forgot which other bugs are involved

Ah, interesting. I'll test the secret hunt thing today. So far it's been working mostly without issue, but now I'm curious and want to go play around with the sword+gun thing. Initially I was going to use FFTPatcher to set the weapon properties manually, but later I opted for adjusting all gun-type weapons with Raven's Spreadsheets and I'm pretty sure that worked.

Thanks for the heads up. I might just make them all two-handed then. I think they'll still be worth it because 'dat range. :P

Ashiel

Very interesting indeed. Went and had a look and I have to say it was pretty funny watching my ninja take a shot and then slice somebody from half a mile away. However, that's a problem, so I'm going to remove two-swords from guns. I'm also very sad to find that I can't change X weapon type into Y weapon type and still have it usable for poaching. It was working great in literally every other way, but poaching is pretty important and that would be really random for the player.

I am now a sad panda.  :roll:

Thanks again for pointing those bugs out. Saved me a lot of time and twice the heartache. Especially since I'm probably going to tackle equipment changes in the near future. Here's a quick question though. If I use Raven's Spreadsheets to change the damage formulas for harps to what I wanted my guns to use, and then just left the formula in FFTPatcher to 01 Dmg_[Weapon] PE, would it still break Secret Hunt?

Ashiel

Hm, I just tested it and unfortunately it still breaks secret hunt, I think (unless I applied something wrong). Now I'm concerned, because now I wonder if Raven's weapon formula hacks will break secret hunt for all the weapons I change. That would be heartbreaking.  :cry:

Ashiel

April 28, 2014, 01:00:11 pm #16 Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 01:16:49 pm by Ashiel
Woo-hoo, scratch that! I got it working. Thanks for the help Xifanie. ^_^

Here's what you do. Leave the harp damage as normal weapon damage, change it to a gun, then use Raven's Spreadsheets to change the normal weapon damage of all harps to the damage formula you want (in my case, I'm turning Harps into weapons that use the PA*WP formula), then apply the ASM patch. Now you can leave the "harps" on their original [Weapon] formulas but change every other aspect about them (such as their type, sprites, etc). You'll still be able to use Secret Hunt.

In my previous post I thought this didn't work because I was using an item made from Bloody Strings. But it was my error because I changed to to formula 01 (the default for the Ramia Harp) without noticing that it uses the Absorb_HP [Weapon] formula by default. When I noticed my error, I corrected it, then tried again and voila! It works!

Thanks so much. (^_^)7

EDIT: Below is a simple guide for changing weapon types and making it work with Secret Hunt, for anyone else who has this problem.

Changing Weapons Without Poaching Bugs
1. What Items to Change Pick a type of weapon that you don't want in the game (such as Harps, Cloths, or Dictionaries).

2. Picking Your New Items Decide one what kind of weapons you will turn these into and what formulas you are going to be using for them. For example, if you want to turn all harps into swords, swords use a formula of WP*PA for damage. Meanwhile if you want to turn Dictionaries into Bows, bows use a formula of (PA+SP)/2*WP. Repeat as desired. The real trick is just making sure to remain consistent as you'll run into problems if you're planing to convert one item group into different items using different formulas. As long as they share the same formula you should be alright (such as swords and crossbows both using WP*PA).

3. Making the Changes Get Raven's Worksheets and the latest FFT Patcher Suite for FFTorgASM. Open Raven's Worksheets, go to the FDC's Weapon Formula tab. Change the type of items you chose to change in Step 1 (such as Harps) to the formula you wish your new items (in Step 2) to use. In this example we are making Swords (WP*PA) out of Harps ((PA*MA)/2*WP)), so we change the formula for Harps to WP*PA just like swords. Then go to the XML tab of the spreadsheet, press Ctrl+A to select everything, then Ctrl+C to copy all of it. Paste it into a notepad file and save it as "your patch name here.xml" in the same directory as FFTorgASM. Open FFTorgASM, find the patch entitled "Weapon Formula Edits" and select that one, then patch your ISO using the Patch ISO button (you'll need to select your ISO file).

You're Done!
Now your new items will use the correct formula and still be able to Poach!

Xifanie

I think the big issue comes from randomly generated characters and equipping your units in the formation.
If you turn ALL harps into guns, you can make it work out I'm pretty sure.
Setting a Harp's item type as Gun will not let you equip that harp gun on a chemist, for example.
Likewise, I'm pretty sure that units won't be generated with the harp guns.
But if all your harps become guns, just check Gun and Harp as equippable for every respective jobs along with your other edits, and I think it should be fine...

I'll have to ask you to refrain from multiple posting, especially so much. This is not a high activity forum, and chances are, nobody will notice you made an edit. And if you're that worried about it, you can delete your old post and repost it with the new contents.

Ashiel

QuoteI'll have to ask you to refrain from multiple posting, especially so much. This is not a high activity forum, and chances are, nobody will notice you made an edit. And if you're that worried about it, you can delete your old post and repost it with the new contents.
Yes ma'am. :)
EDIT: I'll go edit the thread title to [Solved] for people looking for more fur-shop stuff and start a new thread to explain the item swapping.

Quote from: Xifanie on April 28, 2014, 02:42:19 pm
I think the big issue comes from randomly generated characters and equipping your units in the formation.
If you turn ALL harps into guns, you can make it work out I'm pretty sure.
Setting a Harp's item type as Gun will not let you equip that harp gun on a chemist, for example.
But if all your harps become guns, just check Gun and Harp as equippable for every respective jobs along with your other edits, and I think it should be fine...

No problems there. They've been randomly generating fine. In Chapter 1 when I come across a Chemist in a random battle (I modified the ENTDs for Chapter 1 to add humanoid foes to most of the fights in Mandalia because it seems like the Death Corps moving around so much would mean skirmishes are common) they typically are using the one-handed pistol (though I've seen them use the 2 handed rifle as well), but it's usually the pistol. I've been very happy with how well the game handles random generation for equipment as I'm frequently encountering squires with bows, crossbows, and shields. Including in some of the story battles where during one playtest (when you rescue Algus at Mandalia) one of the squires whipped out an x-bow and shot one of my people with it. I was thrilled.  :mrgreen:

EDIT
Quote from: Xifanie on April 28, 2014, 02:42:19 pm

Wait a minute, are you sure? Because that's exactly what I did and it worked. All I did was change it to a gun and then chemists could use it and it showed up in stores with the gun symbol next to the item. See, here's some screenshots from FFT Patcher and my FFT Game.

FFT Patcher Adjustments

My Chemist Just After Dorter Trade City (used this weapon, formerly a harp, since just after first battle in Gariland)

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Xifanie on April 28, 2014, 07:54:44 amSomeone correct me if I'm wrong, but you cannot change an equipment type to another because of how the game was coded.
You can, but you also need to change the battle graphic via my workbook, and if you want Secret Hunt, it needs to stay using one of the [WEAPON] formulas and not an ability formula.  I completely rearranged all the equipment in Journey of the Five to manipulate how the game determines random equipment and there's no bugs like this, you just need to be thorough about it.  It's a royal pain in the ass but we have all the tools to reorganize all the weapon / shields / heads / armors / accessories to any order we want without restriction as long as we keep them in their own broad groups.