• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:18:03 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Hosting an AI Tourney?

Started by FinalFanta, September 27, 2013, 06:26:42 am

FinalFanta

I've seen AI tourneys, and I've seen how to manage and create a team for use in one, but how exactly do I go about hosting one of my own? What will I need to install besides FFT Arena, FFT, and the needed team building tools? I can't seem to find anything on this in the forums. Thanks!

Gaignun

Hosting involves running a battle on your own computer and capturing the video, editing & compressing the video, then posting the compressed video on YouTube for others to see.

For this you'll need the most recent version of FFT Arena, a Playstation emulator, and video capture and editing software.  There are many different types of capturing and editing software.  I think Barren uses Camtasia for video capture.   Not sure about his editing software, though.  I used Sony Vegas to edit videos when I hosted a few years ago.

Barren

I use Camtasia Studio for video capture and for editing software I have windows live movie maker. I'm doing this on a HP Envy m6 Sleekbook laptop too which has about 6 GB of ram. That allows better frame rate for my videos when recorded and doesn't make the sound off sync either. In addition it makes my videos go more smoothly than it did in the past
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

FinalFanta

September 27, 2013, 09:00:59 am #3 Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:16:40 am by FinalFanta
I guess I should have been more specific.
I'm confused about how battle hosting works. Where do I go to start an AI battle using teams I've configured? How do I add the teams into the game, and once I do that, how can I set up a tournament battle with the AI? Is that like a special option in-game? I know you can create teams using the team manager spreadsheet, but I have no idea how to get them into the game, and even then, I don't know how to start a battle between two teams ingame. I'm also confused on how the memory card creator works. Do I create a team INSIDE the creator, or am I supposed to load up a team I've created in the team designer? It's all very vague ;_;

Barren

At some point I'll post a video on how to start a AI battle with the mem card generator and team spreadsheet. I would explain it just by talking about it but I feel its better to demonstrate to you on how to do it. Wait until this weekend though, I do have long hours of work ahead

FinalFanta

September 27, 2013, 11:21:09 am #5 Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:20:44 pm by FinalFanta
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!  :)
Also, is there a reason why the Memory Card Generator keeps throwing me errors upon trying to create a new team or save?
Keeps telling me "Spreadsheet Error, Please Undo" and throwing me weird script errors I don't understand.

Dokurider

That's usually an input error, usually along the lines of making a male Dancer or giving a male unit Dance. Double check your team.

Barren