• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:18:15 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five Ch1 Sprites

Started by Elric, July 10, 2013, 04:50:02 pm

Elric

Um... What?

Palettes are already there... Switch between them in shishi to view them.
You can also view them in GG. Photoshop. Palette Editor. Etc..
  • Modding version: PSX

azavier

October 03, 2013, 02:29:13 pm #21 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 03:55:56 pm by Kagebunji
is it possible to post the spr versions  ?

it wont let me use these wonderful sprites :/

Kagebunji

Don't double post liek that...

What is the error you get? These BMPs should work flawlesly, so you must be doing something wrong.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Elric

The BMP works the same way as the BMP. Import it with Shishi. If you are getting am error, post it.

Kaedre

I think Azavier refers to this:
(Quote from Heiir in Help section)
QuoteWhen I try to incorporate certain spritesheets (in bmp format of course) into certain places (such as "Cloud v2" on "Cloud"), I get an error message that is very long that basically says the file size is larger than the original. I'm assuming that this is because the downloaded custom sprites are meant for PSX version, and are larger than the PSP. I was curious as to if anyone knows how to resize the bmp to fit just right (limits being: 43008, 45056, & 47104 kb); or if they can point me to a FFTPatcher version of ShiShi's that forces the image? I currently have FFTPatcher versions .271, .466, and .478 and none of them seem to work for what I'm going for. I'm also using GraphicsGale for the sprites.

Elric

Sorry, I know nothing about WotL modding.

Krainz

Hey!

So, every time I try to import the dragoon sprites (both male and female) I get an unhandled exception on ShiShi.

Could you please post the SPR file?

Also, I don't receive an error message when I import the priest BMP sprite, or the female summoner one.

Choto

Here you go, try these

ruhrohraggy

May 18, 2014, 09:10:12 am #29 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:29:38 am by ruhrohraggy
Great sprites. I am quite new to modding tactics and just found this wonderful site.

Also will preface with : Sorry for this upcoming retardedness in advance.

So I have already modded a little bit of the game already, as I always wanted to have a playthrough with Ramza being able to access *some* of the sword skills and follow in Balbane's footsteps as a Heavenly Knight. Got to toy around with FFPatcher and FFTactext. (mind blown so far, pretty epic being able to mod your favorite childhood RPG)

Question though, the portrait for the Ramza sprite pack here seems like the colors are off. Loading it into shishi, the colors are fine...but to export the image to set it up for manipulation via Gale and importation via WLDFACE doesn't seem like a viable option.

I had to jump through quite a few hoops to get a 4 bpp 16 color portrait where the colors weren't completely jacked.

Maybe someone can enlighten me (for future reference) on an easier way to fix portraits in .bmp packs with weird colors [for the portrait] that don't provide a seperate portrait? I've seen http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10, but it looks like you have to have a portrait that's already correct...right? Just had a hard time following it I guess...

So yeah...I ended up taking a screenshot of the .bmp sprite pack when it was loaded into shishi where the portrait looked correct, cropped the portrait in paint, rotated so it was 32x48 and saved it as a .png. From there I put it into Gale, reduced the color depth to 4bpp, saved as a .bmp (this didn't seem to have an effect on the colors for some reason) and finally imported that into FFT WLDFACE.

Made sure to load it up and test it to double check that it worked...(it did \o/!)

The final portrait ended up like so : (maybe others could make use of this and save some time as it's already setup to be imported into WLDFACE)

Elric

I would look at Celdia's formation sprite tutorial.

Here you go.

ruhrohraggy

May 18, 2014, 01:59:39 pm #31 Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 02:05:09 pm by ruhrohraggy
Quote from: Elric on May 18, 2014, 11:11:04 am
I would look at Celdia's formation sprite tutorial.

Here you go.

Appreciate the portrait...though I had already made the 16 color portrait necessary for WLDFACE as posted at the bottom of my post. And I definitely did read Celdia's tutorial before attempting to mess with anything, as well as an entire video on youtube about sprite swapping.

Again, the issue I had was taking the Ramza sprite layout at the top of this thread and retrieving just the portrait for it with proper colors intact for WLDFACE, and the question was if there was maybe an easier way to get the portrait for WLDFACE with proper coloring in 4bpp without doing what I felt might be a tedious workaround. Sorry for the confusion.

Exporting the sprite layout while loaded in shishi (the bottom portrait looked the way it should) resulted in an exported .bmp where the colors were wonky...So I couldn't extract the portrait with Gale that way...

The next issue was when following Celdia's guide... when transferring the color palette, the colors would end up going weird. (Yes I was careful about the check boxes)

So the only way I managed to get it from the 8bpp .bmp, to 4bpp .bmp, was by converting to .png first, then dropping the color depth and finally saving as .bmp again. Seemed like a tedious thing, and felt incorrect...even though it gave me what I wanted in the end.

But yeah...I'm new at this *shrug*

Also curious as to why ShiShi does weird things to the portrait color...Is it the seperate 16 color pallettes for each the sprite animation segments and the portrait?

Choto

yep, I think there's 8 sprite palettes and then 8 portrait palettes. The first color for both is specially assigned with different colors. I also think only the first 5 palettes are usable in battle. There could be a hack to fix that though.

TobiasVX

May 28, 2014, 03:35:34 am #33 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:40:41 am by TobiasVX
Im having an issue with importing the BMP files where they will import but in weird funky colors. So far its only the Summoners. Id appreciate either posted SPR files as well or just someone sending them to me. (better yet, try and get the sprite owners to actually put the ones not found on the main site on there if possible)

Elric

Update your Shishi. Unless you're like... editing wotl or something. These work fine.

alonerfeumuno

Quote from: Elric on July 10, 2013, 04:57:59 pmUNIQUE CHARS CONTINUED

Genome Soldier      TYPE 1      Mitchi
Link      TYPE 1      Twinees
Ramza      TYPE 1      Twinees / Port by Lijj + Mitchi (Beard) / Suggestions from Kagebunji
Mustadio      TYPE 1      Square / Palette Edit by Elric
Sephiroth      TYPE 1      Twinees / Kagebunji (Confirm?)
Skullkid      TYPE 1      Mitchi
Snake      TYPE 1      Twinees
Tesnya/Romar      TYPE 1      Sprite by Kagebunji / Port by Darkholme
Workerstadio 8      MON      Twinees Port Edit
Zelda      TYPE 2      Kagebunji / Concept and Port by Twinees

How can i use properly this Chicken and Frog sprites dude ? i ve tried to add them to my monster list but its broken
  • Discord username: alonerfeumuno