• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:37:56 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Wanted: Additional Eventers for Jot5

Started by Elric, October 17, 2013, 07:49:50 pm

Elric

October 17, 2013, 07:49:50 pm Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:21:23 pm by Elric

I thought I would throw this out there once again, since I've seen several other people eventing lately.
Chapter 2 is now about halfway done storyline wise (in which there is about 60 total, more if you count battles)
However, there is another ~30 events or so in what would be considered bonus material; bonus scenes, marks,
etc.

There were several other people set to event for Ch2, but due to IRL issues, there hasn't been much work done
eventwise aside from my own (of the events done, 4 of them were not done by myself)

Prior eventing knowledge not required as long as you have free time and are able to follow directions. The Attack.out/
ENTD's/Music/Scripts/Offsets, are already chosen/written, so there isn't much in terms of having to do anything besides the
actual eventing.

As always, Jot5 will get done with or without the extra eventing help, but some help would certainly speed up the
process.

Anyone interested, please PM me or reply to this thread.
  • Modding version: PSX

kyozo22

October 18, 2013, 01:16:24 am #1 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:08:21 pm by Elric
Hey Elric, I hope you don't mind but I  posted this on the ID forums to try and catch the regulars on there that aren't over  here as much. I'm sure a couple of them would love to help out.

As for my involvement, I'll have a couple of days next week when I'm looking after a friend's pets. He's letting me use his computer. It's not much, but it can help, right? :)

My ID post: -deleted-
  • Modding version: WotL

Advent

What exactly would this involve? I've got my own project (Breath of Fire III: Dragon Trial) that I'm working on, but if it's not too much of a time investment I might be able to help.

kyozo22

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.0

Hey Advent, assuming that Elric hasn't already PM'd you, that's his sticky on Event Editing/ making a mod. It's a WIP but I think the Eventing's all up to date.
  • Modding version: WotL

Elric

October 18, 2013, 05:22:49 pm #4 Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:20:56 pm by Elric
Sorry so slow to respond. Working a 16 hour shift today. Will respond more proper once i get home. But yes the link Kyozo gave is a good place to start.

EDIT: Okay, out of work. The best way to start as mentioned would be by making the sample event in my tutorial, as well as review the commands I have
listed in the Basic Commands section, the command list is not complete, partly because once you understand the ones I have listed EasyVent will be able
to help you with the rest, as well as myself.

Once you have a grasp on how event editing works, it's actually extremely simple.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Advent

I'll take a look see when I have the time; as I mentioned before I've got my own project (and two jobs irl, lel) so I can't really promise anything, but I'll definitely hit you (or Raven if I happen to get a hold of him first) up if I can help.

Elric

Haha, ots no rush Advent, if/when you have the time, Im usually around.
I work 16 hours days lately and have 2 side projects. (id love to help on a BoF3
Mod as its a fucking awesome game, if there is anything i can do, im trying to branch out
To other games anyway). So I know how it goes :P

TheGiantBaker

Hey Elric, I just saw DaTruthDT's play-through of the first chapter of Jot5, and think this game is amazing. I've been a die hard fan of FFT for the last decade, but never knew this level of modding was possible. I know this post is way old, but do you still have a need for eventers?

Elric

Sorry, I didn't see this before now, Toshiko brought it to my attention, I'll send you a PM